Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Muffler Install

Old 04-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Muffler Install

Hey guys. I wanna replace my stock muffler with this magnaflow muffler

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=12226

is there anyone who can do it for me for cheaper than a shop or should i just go to a shop?

I live in the san diego area
Old 04-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
Hey guys. I wanna replace my stock muffler with this magnaflow muffler

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=12226

is there anyone who can do it for me for cheaper than a shop or should i just go to a shop?

I live in the san diego area
Take it to Valley Muffler in El Cajon! It is off of west main st.! He is awesome and does great work
Old 04-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
Take it to Valley Muffler in El Cajon! It is off of west main st.! He is awesome and does great work

ok thanks ill probably talk to you and others today about it. lol id like to hear some tacos with exhaust first hand anyways
Old 05-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #4

thanks for the recommendation man. he even gave me candy afterwards.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
helomech is on a distinguished road

Marines: CH-53e Flightline Mechanic, HMH-465
Name: Bryan
helomech's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same question...

I had the same question...I've got an Aero Turbine muffler sitting in the back of my truck and I'm looking for a good installer that's up in the Miramar area...if anyone has any good suggestions. If not, I reckon I'm takin a trip down to EC.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Ed hanson exhaust in spring valley

http://www.edhansonsmuffler.com/index.htm
Old 05-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
No Fat Chicks has much to be proud ofNo Fat Chicks has much to be proud ofNo Fat Chicks has much to be proud ofNo Fat Chicks has much to be proud ofNo Fat Chicks has much to be proud ofNo Fat Chicks has much to be proud ofNo Fat Chicks has much to be proud ofNo Fat Chicks has much to be proud ofNo Fat Chicks has much to be proud ofNo Fat Chicks has much to be proud of

Name: Bryce
No Fat Chicks's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Ins...haust-34799110
seems easy enough imo?

I just swapped the muffler on my ranger but I'm lucky it was just a direct oem fit, 2 screws and a rubber boot the muffler hanger hands from, took less than 10 minutes.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #9
Race Fire/Med Rescue
res4cue is a name known to allres4cue is a name known to allres4cue is a name known to allres4cue is a name known to allres4cue is a name known to allres4cue is a name known to all

Firefighter:
Name: John
res4cue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Ed hanson exhaust in spring valley

http://www.edhansonsmuffler.com/index.htm
Ed does absolutely the best work.

If you dont use Ed, I recommend Ledezmas down in Chula Vista. For 285.00 you get a Magnaflow muffler with 2.5 catback.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #10
helomech is on a distinguished road

Marines: CH-53e Flightline Mechanic, HMH-465
Name: Bryan
helomech's Tacoma Gallery
I wound up using Jack's Muffler down in North Park. Great guys to do busniess with, had me in and out in under an hour and the weld job was pretty damn good. I'd recommend them to anyone. Cost was about $95 for the weld job and a 6" extension (to comp for the shorter aero turbine muffler).
Old 05-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
nschmittsd is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Nick
nschmittsd's Tacoma Gallery
ledezma muffler chula vista they did my 4runner and my buddys ranger they did a great job for cheap i paid 140 for a catback with a magnaflow back in 2010
Old 05-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #12
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
thanks for the recommendation man. he even gave me candy afterwards.
No problem Brother! Glad you got good service and a good price! and you got Candy
Old 05-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
No problem Brother! Glad you got good service and a good price! and you got Candy

yea the muffler came with the candy
Old 05-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #14
Adamsatoms is on a distinguished road
Adamsatoms's Tacoma Gallery
Hey is there anyway you can post a vid so I can hear what your truck sounds like?
Old 05-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #15
infidel06 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Elec Tech
infidel06's Tacoma Gallery
RPM in North County has pretty good rates and does good work, 125 for a dynomax muffler installed. Richards worked on my offroad rig and does great work, he noticed an exhaust leak after he had done some work. He told me to pull it back in the shop, and I looked at him and said how much, he said nothing that leaks just annoying to me. Good guys.