Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Local Installer/Electrical Work - IE (LA/Riverside/San Bernardino Counties)

Old 07-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #41
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
I sent you a PM and an email, thanks!
replied via email. thanks!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:42 AM   #42
thebaker will become famous soon enoughthebaker will become famous soon enough

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
Anthony,

I sent you an email last week and haven't heard back. Are you still around?
Old 07-25-2012, 01:16 AM   #43
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaker View Post
Anthony,

I sent you an email last week and haven't heard back. Are you still around?
Thats odd, either I didnt get it or I accidentally deleted it and didnt know. Try PMing me. Sorry about that.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:56 AM   #44
Thin Blue Line

OP updated with important info regarding scheduling installs, please read!
Old 09-24-2012, 03:31 AM   #45
iRep8OH8 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chaz
iRep8OH8's Tacoma Gallery
sick thread! sub'd
Old 09-24-2012, 04:08 AM   #46
Thin Blue Line

Thanks!

OP updated with information and NEW PICS!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:33 AM   #47
T1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT1no33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
T1no33's Tacoma Gallery
ProForce,

I'm looking to purchase an amp for my 2012 SR5 DoubleCab. Any advice on a good model that won't take up to much space? Local shops around here are trying to steer me towards some really expensive stuff.

Thanks in advance for your time brother.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #48
Thin Blue Line

What is the amp for? Speakers, sub, etc. What model speakers or subs are you powering. And are you using the stock radio or aftermarket?
Old 10-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #50
Thin Blue Line

Pretty simple
Old 10-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #52
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
would have to go straight to the battery or could i tap into the wiring that is near the plug outlet.
Well it looks like that runs on 12v so you go to the battery. If it runs on 110v, then you can use the factory inverter wires as long as the pump is rated less than 400w max. There is not any strong 12v source in the back. Some people say to use the trailer plug but I think that's a horrible idea! So you ground to the frame, then the positive leas gets run through a relay then to the battery. The relay will be triggered by an on/off switch in the cab... unless the unit has its own on/off switch and you want it on at all times and controlled from the unit then you can skip the relay and switch, but I don't recommend it. You can even put the switch in the bed next to the pump to avoid putting more stuff inside the truck
Old 10-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #53
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Well it looks like that runs on 12v so you go to the battery. If it runs on 110v, then you can use the factory inverter wires as long as the pump is rated less than 400w max. There is not any strong 12v source in the back. Some people say to use the trailer plug but I think that's a horrible idea! So you ground to the frame, then the positive leas gets run through a relay then to the battery. The relay will be triggered by an on/off switch in the cab... unless the unit has its own on/off switch and you want it on at all times and controlled from the unit then you can skip the relay and switch, but I don't recommend it. You can even put the switch in the bed next to the pump to avoid putting more stuff inside the truck
how about heat? The damn thing gets really hot, would i need to put something over the plastic so it does not melt??
Old 10-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #54
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if I bumped this thread yet, but BUMP for a great guy. Hooked me up big time!
Old 10-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #55
Thin Blue Line

Are you putting it INSIDE one of the cubbies? It doesn't look like it fits in there. But if so, then just get some type of heat protection material and line the inside of the cubby. I think Dynamat makes a version for engine firewalls to stop heat, I'm sure that will work. Or I'm sure you can find something at home depot for that. There has gotta be some type of heat insulation. I have some scraps of regular dynamat you can try.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #56
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Not sure if I bumped this thread yet, but BUMP for a great guy. Hooked me up big time!
Thanks Ben!
Old 10-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #57
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Are you putting it INSIDE one of the cubbies? It doesn't look like it fits in there. But if so, then just get some type of heat protection material and line the inside of the cubby. I think Dynamat makes a version for engine firewalls to stop heat, I'm sure that will work. Or I'm sure you can find something at home depot for that. There has gotta be some type of heat insulation. I have some scraps of regular dynamat you can try.
might need your help. You coming to http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/southern-california/240240-official-rad-meet-new-post.html
Old 10-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #58
Thin Blue Line

Hadn't really decided yet. But if you need help I can come. I'll bring a little bit of dynamat to line the cubby, and as long as you have wire then it should be pretty easy. Do you need a relay or anything? I can bring a relay too and you can just give me like $10 for everything... or just give me food and beer
Old 10-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #60
Thin Blue Line

Well I don't know shit about installing suspension, but I don't mind kickin it with you guys. I'll be in the pool