1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Local Installer/Electrical Work - IE (LA/Riverside/San Bernardino Counties)

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by ProForce, Apr 29, 2012.

1. May 7, 2015 at 10:46 PM
    ProForce

ProForce [OP] IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    Oh dang im sorry i was certain i responded to that. Ill get back to you this weeken that was a BIG message with alot to go over lol

2. May 13, 2015 at 6:42 PM
    imom

imom Well-Known Member

Member:
    CAL
    Vehicle:
    2014 Regular Cab
    I never got any message from you...so after PM and posting with no reply...it's generally some red flags for me. I can do the work myself, but figured if you can do it faster and I can enjoy my weekends...sadly you leave it for me to research and do all the work myself

3. May 13, 2015 at 9:13 PM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    Sorry for not getting back to you as promised. I will admit i dropped the ball. But just as you mentioned you want to enjoy your weekends, so do I. I work a full time job monday through friday as a manager for a major financial institution and installs is a thing i do on the side for fun. With that being said, your install request consisted of things that are nearly impossible to do, even by a professional shop with unlimited resources. If everything was possible, it would take dozens of man hours to complete and cost thousands in labor time and and resources. Your basically attempting to take a bass model truck and make it fully loaded with 100% factory parts and without a new ecu, air bag control module, techs to reprogram things, and basically and entire new vehicle wire harness, most of these things wont happen unless your willing to invest time and money that probably isnt worth the results. I am 1 guy working from my driveway on the weekends in my spare time and simply dont have the time or resources to complete your needs. Although that is not an excuse for not getting back to you like i said, i need you to understand that i am not a shop and this is not my full time job. I also dont have hours to spend doing research just to see if what you want is possible. Most of your requests were asking me if its possible or not. I would need you to do that research before i invest hours of my time researching a project for you that i would likely gain little to no return on because these things would be nearly impossible for me to complete anyways. I wish you the best of luck on your project and again my apologies for letting you down.

4. May 14, 2015 at 4:09 AM
    imom

imom Well-Known Member

Member:
    CAL
    Vehicle:
    2014 Regular Cab
    I'll summarize my list:

I asked for quote to install 4runner door mirrors with puddles and signals. It's been done before in these threads...not first time.

I asked for power bucket seats install from regular bench seats. This has been done before too...the tricky thing is making or bypassing the seat airbags.

making manual windows to power windows... this can be hard...if you haven't done before I understand.

Keyless entry...really hard and I understand skipping that, but not so hard to figure out for installer electronics guy.

Sound system install with sound dampening.

P.s. I forgot...I also bought a fog light kit with the wiring and relays already...just need the install price.

So the thing I would understand is the power windows and keyless entry. But running electrical wires to power seats and other things I thought you could do.

Sound system install with sound dampening...it's on your list of things you do... fog lights too.

So I don't see this as difficult requests...but thank you for getting back to me. I thought since you advertised that you did electrical work...figured you understood the Tacos really well. I figured you would be comfortable reading wiring diagrams if you installed alarms in the past and ran fog lights etc. Okay...take care!

5. May 14, 2015 at 11:07 AM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    Let's not dumb things down to make me look incompetent. You didn't ask for keyless entry, you asked me to install door handles from a 2011 prius with wireless smart key technology and push button start... not possible. You didn't all for power windows you asked me to modify your existing base door panels to fit factory window controls and then install oem window motors and actuators. Possible, but not worth it. Aftermarket kits provide the same results at a fraction of the cost and work. You didn't simply ask for power seats, you asked me to covert your bench to buckets and integrate the oem power seats into a vehicle that never had that option to begin with AND Integrate side airbags ass well. Not possible. I am not a fabricator, engineer, designer, researcher, or mechanic. I'm not even an electrician. I'm a certified mobile electronics installer. I am very good at what i do and you won't find a single person on this forum who will tell you otherwise. Coming into my thread tying to discredit me and tarnish my reputation because i cant do things that simply aren't possible is irrational. If your so good that you can do all this yourself then by all means go for it. My hats off to you for your skills. But don't come make me sound like a fool because I'm incapable of doing what you want. You are brand new to this forum and you dont even know me. good luck with your install.

6. May 14, 2015 at 12:00 PM
    imom

imom Well-Known Member

Member:
    CAL
    Vehicle:
    2014 Regular Cab
    I apologize if what I wrote may have seemed as an insult to you...wasn't my intent. I wrote you a long description of what I wanted....so instead of copying the whole thing, I summarized it...as I said I would. When I mentioned about the power windows and keyless entry...I really meant it was a very difficult thing to do. But fog lights, running power to the power seats and sound system install with sound dampening you do. Perhaps you didn't know the 4runner seats are just drop in replacement, but the wiring may be slightly different...there's no fabbing. I just needed power and ground ran to the seats...the tricky thing if you could bypass the seat air bags or not. It's all listed in the threads about seat swap.

I also didn't come into a thread to discredit. I sent you a PM originally. I came into your forum saying hey I sent you a PM. You said you would you reply...you didn't since you aren't responding your PMs. So I posted again saying hey...you said you would, but you didn't. So instead of replying to the PM, you posted in your thread, so I replied. If you go back through all my threads and through any forums... I am generally respectful. I have nothing to gain to pick a fight with you. I saw you posted a thread about doing installs based on the various work you did...my impression is that you knew the Tacos inside and out and sent you a private message. How it got to this...is beyond me, but I'll apologize again for upsetting you. I'm sorry.

7. May 14, 2015 at 10:18 PM
    JoseyWells

JoseyWells Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    12 prerunner
    Demello sliders, Icon ext coilovers, icon rear shocks, icons UCAs, 17" Konig Countersteer Type X, 285/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    ProForce got my new speakers, subbox, still in search of an amp. Wondering when you will have any free time?

8. May 14, 2015 at 11:32 PM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    You wanted that pdx amp right? What was your setup again? And which amp was it or are you looking for a recommendation? Did you need install too? PM me and well figure something out

9. Jun 27, 2015 at 1:34 AM
    adamv22

adamv22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    29 Palms, California
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma Sport
    6" Rough Country lift, Toyota roof rack, Tepui RTT, Hidden 12000lb winch Pioneer 6.1 DVD stereo, Cobra III CB radio,
    Hey there, I'm stationed in 29 stumps and I see your semi local lol... I need some serious help in my electric department..I think what I need is a fuse block under the hood. I have far too many accessories hooked up and it's probably unsafe..ok I know it's unsafe lol. I don't have the electrical knowledge to take this on myself, but I'd be willing to learn if it were something you'd want to teach me. If not I could just pay you to do it. Lemme know if you're interested! Thank you!

10. Jul 3, 2015 at 9:30 PM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    Hey bud sorry i just saw this. I didnt get the reply notice. But anyways, id be glad to help you out. PM me some details and pics and we can work something out

11. Jul 19, 2015 at 6:16 AM
    pughfish

pughfish Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2024 Toyota Tacoma Limited
    I have a clock problem. My truck did not come with the normal tacoma clock. I purchased a new hazard waring assembly the includes a clock. Everything else works accept the clock. Can you help with this problem? Thanks,

Pughfish

12. Jul 19, 2015 at 12:27 PM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    Replied via PM. Will look into this more for you

13. Jul 19, 2015 at 1:20 PM
    pughfish

pughfish Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2024 Toyota Tacoma Limited
    Thanks!

14. Aug 10, 2015 at 2:05 AM
    Caligula

Caligula Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Ext. Cab Prerunner 2.7L
    Can you tell me if i fried my ECU, or is it just bad shellfish?

Something happened when i was taking apart my fuse box, now fuel pump is getting fuel, starter is cranking, all relays are switching, but no spark.

15. Aug 22, 2015 at 8:46 PM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    No spark could be alot of things. I doubt it would be your ecu. Did something go wrong when you were messing with your fuse box? Im willing to be its a fuse or a loose/broken wire. But this could be difficult to troubleshoot without a probe to start narrowing it down

16. Aug 23, 2015 at 1:25 AM
    Caligula

Caligula Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Ext. Cab Prerunner 2.7L
    Sorry, but i resolved it. It turns out it was a failed IAC. Ground side had no continuity and control side had excessive resistance.

17. Aug 23, 2015 at 9:30 PM
    SlipperyTaco

SlipperyTaco Slippery when Wet

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma 4x4 & 2014 4Runner Trail Premium
    FOX 2.5 C/O, CAMBURG UCA, FOX 2.0 REAR, SMP CUSTOM FRONT BUMPER, BAMF LCA SKIDS, SCS RAY 10 MATTE GREY WHEELS, 305/70/16 BFG KO2, ALL PRO STANDARD LEAF PACK, ALL PRO SLIDERS, U-BOLT FLIP KIT, MARLIN CRAWLER REAR BUMPER, TIMBREN REAR BUMPSTOPS, WHEELERS SS BRAKE LINE F/R, D-BADGED, GIBSON CAT BACK, K&N CAI, LINE-X , GREY WIRE MOD, APOLLO 3.0 SHROUDS, D2S XB 5500K HID BULBS, LED HALOS, LED DEMON EYES, TRS LED BULBS, BHLM, IGGY PODS, CALI RAISED PODS, 30" CALI RAISED 4D LIGHT BAR, BESTOP SUPERTOP, TRASHAROO , WET OKOLE SEAT COVERS. 4 RUNNER- 2014 TRAIL PREMIUM W/KDSS KINGS FRONT AND REAR DIRT KING BALL JOINT UCA METAL TECH LONG TRAVEL SPRINGS METAL TECH UPPER/LOWER LINKS SONORAN STEEL KDSS TRACK BAR URD EXHAUST URD Y PIPE URD MAF CALIBRATOR PEDAL COMMANDER PRINSU ROOF RACK RIGID ADAPT LIGHT BAR SCS SR8 17" GUNMETAL 285/70/17 FALKEN WILDPEAKS TRS FOG LIGHTS TRS HID KIT SS OFFROAD SLIMLINE WITH SIDE PROTECTION COASTAL REAR SWINGOUT HEFTY FAB SKIDS
    watching this thread to give you some future work! good job Anthony will be in touch sometime

18. Aug 28, 2015 at 7:26 PM
    txmxer

txmxer Well-Known Member

Member:
    California and Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 dc tacoma
    - Total Chaos 3.5 Long travel kit - Fox 2.5 coilovers w/ resis -Prerunner bumper -Fiberglass front fenders -Fiberwerx tt bedsides - Dmz Sua - fox 2.5x16 triple bypasses
    Hey not sure if you remember hooking up my hella round lights on the red tacoma I had, but anyway I just piched up a ********* box and a jl 10, I was wondering if you could do the install with a kicker amp and running to my pioneer double din. The previous owner had wiring done for a system but knowing him it is janky and Id rather have you do it right based on how professional of a job you did on my last truck.

Also I need wiring done for my 42inch led bar, the priority right now is the sub/sound sytem. If you could get me a quote on just that and then a quote for both at the same time that would be great! Thanks anthony!

19. Aug 29, 2015 at 3:08 PM
    ProForce

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    Will pm you

20. Sep 18, 2015 at 1:56 PM
    jayb1rd

jayb1rd ay0 jay

Member:
    Monrovia
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner Radiant Red
    AlphaRexx Headlights | Alpine Touch Screen Double Din | 21' OR Suspension Upgrade
    interested in upgrading the stock stereo in my 07 DCSB. Looking for something with Navi / usb / Aux / Bluetooth capable. Also want to find and install a steering wheel with mounted controls...

1) can you do steering wheel with controls?
    2) Do you have hook-ups with navi-systems?
    3) interested in upgrading stock speakers...Got any hookups on those?

----------Part two

Also interested in HID lights and FOGS, also switching the amber part of the headlight to turn on with the parking light switch. currently it only turned on with the full headlights on.

Probably can afford to do this first, but it was good for me to get my audio system / navi wants down on this post for future reference!

IM A CAL POLY GRAD!! any Discounts!? =D

Products Discussed in

To Top