Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Body Found in Anza-Borrego Desert

Old 05-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Body Found in Anza-Borrego Desert

Poor guy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47314078...-san_diego_ca/
Old 05-09-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i've been following this story off and on for a while now. The guy was exploring the mud caves with his family, he said he was going to explore the upper caves a little on his own. Almost every news outlet describes him as "experienced" but he went off alone, with no food, no water, no SHOES, and no communication. While I do find the loss of life sad, I am more concerned about the talk I've heard of sealing off the caves like they do some of the old mines. While I may be a jerk for thinking so, and I'm willing to accept that, I'm tired of closed off, dumbed down, and idiot proofed, because people undertake challenges they are not educated enough, skilled enough, or prepared enough for. Thats just my 2˘ though.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:27 AM   #4
HIM
eh2win is on a distinguished road

eh2win's Tacoma Gallery
feel sorry for the family and guy
Old 05-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #5
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008taco View Post
Yeah i've been following this story off and on for a while now. The guy was exploring the mud caves with his family, he said he was going to explore the upper caves a little on his own. Almost every news outlet describes him as "experienced" but he went off alone, with no food, no water, no SHOES, and no communication. While I do find the loss of life sad, I am more concerned about the talk I've heard of sealing off the caves like they do some of the old mines. While I may be a jerk for thinking so, and I'm willing to accept that, I'm tired of closed off, dumbed down, and idiot proofed, because people undertake challenges they are not educated enough, skilled enough, or prepared enough for. Thats just my 2˘ though.

Well , you are a jerk chris.......

Seriously tho' God rest his soul.... But what an idiot, no shoes, no water, no food, no outer wear, no fuckin' brains either, How the fuck does this happen in the mud caves no less, what I mean is we've been out there countless times & I can't remember one time not seeing people crawling all around that place, how he went un noticed by anyone for soooo long is kinda baffling to me.....
Old 05-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
The no shoes parts is odd to say the least, my wife and I often explore in alot of the slot canyons and mod caves all over Anza/Ocotillio, the fact he went with absolutely nothing but a few clothes was , well, sorry, F'n stupid, My heart does go out the Fam for their loss.

On another note as per another comment about closures, I have been reading that more des. is in the process of being closed after a study/survey by the Marine Corp. only 2% of the Cal Des is open to OHV activity and that is going to shrink fast if we all don't voice our opinions.

Start calling your elected officials boys and girls.