Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Best SoCal shop for installing lift?

Old 05-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
freeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Mark
freeskier989's Tacoma Gallery
Best SoCal shop for installing lift?

Im looking to get a lift installed (not quite sure what setup but max 3" lift) and was wondering if anyone had suggestions of what shop might do the best work. Im in Newport Beach area of Orange County, but not opposed to going farther into LA or SD. From every place ive looked at Yelp reviews, they all seem to suck around my area so wanted to reach out to other SoCal folk and see what they recommend. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier989 View Post
Im looking to get a lift installed (not quite sure what setup but max 3" lift) and was wondering if anyone had suggestions of what shop might do the best work. Im in Newport Beach area of Orange County, but not opposed to going farther into LA or SD. From every place ive looked at Yelp reviews, they all seem to suck around my area so wanted to reach out to other SoCal folk and see what they recommend. Thanks!
MOD days are good times for , well doing MODS but usually dont involve lifts, although down here in San Diego we have a few members that competently do lift installs for "no cost" to "very little cost" (I used to do them for free until i realized I gotta eat too) but check with local guys first for suggestions & if you can't get anywhere contact some of us in SD...
Old 05-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Hey figure out what you want as far as lift goes then PM Hiatt and manwithoutaplan and ask what they would charge. They are near you and done 3-4 lifts...
Old 05-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Check out Rebel Offroad in Lake Forest. A few of my autoshop friends from high school are their installers, and they are very knowledgeable with Toyota trucks. They work with a lot of Jeep guys, but just a lift install is pretty straight forward.

5-Stars on their Yelp Page! http://www.yelp.com/biz/rebel-off-road-lake-forest-2
Old 05-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Call James at the Truck shop, great service, very highly rated installer.
http://sdtruckshop.com/

http://sdtruckshop.com/contact.php

Many of the LT and Mid travel guys in San Diego go there for installs and such.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
Hey figure out what you want as far as lift goes then PM Hiatt and manwithoutaplan and ask what they would charge. They are near you and done 3-4 lifts...
^^^^
Old 05-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Pm me. I can install lifts with another member.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #8
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
I can do it as well, but not super close to you, but probably worth the drive, been working on Toyotas longer than a lot of you guys have been alive, lol!

PM me if you wanna try and figure something out if your willing to drive a little extra...we can also go over different option based on your use and budget.

-jason
Old 05-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post

Im about to pull the trigger on my Icons Hiatt, Im going to see if I can install with my buddy here in town to save some gas but if not Ill be hitting you and Ryan up pretty soon here.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #10
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
Im about to pull the trigger on my Icons Hiatt, Im going to see if I can install with my buddy here in town to save some gas but if not Ill be hitting you and Ryan up pretty soon here.
Bitchin!
Old 05-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #11
freeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Mark
freeskier989's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome thanks for all the responses guys! I will reach out to you, seems like a better way to go with Tacomaworld breathen. I'd rather do something like this with a few of you, learn and get my hands dirty, and know that things were done with care. PM's coming, thanks again.

Mark
Old 05-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #12
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome thanks for all the responses guys! I will reach out to you, seems like a better way to go with Tacomaworld breathen. I'd rather do something like this with a few of you, learn and get my hands dirty, and know that things were done with care. PM's coming, thanks again.

Mark
Smart choice, you save tons of money, get yourself experience, and get to know some of the guys.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #13
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Yup pm him or manwithoutaplan and set up a date...a couple of us will go and help install