Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Anybody driving around without their sway bar?

Old 05-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #21
Thinking of something clever
dad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
dad32509's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO4LOW View Post
Haha I do too. I've more than once passed people on an onramp at about (a safe hwy speed ;-)) I bet they Shit themselves.
I just didn't want to scare the op. Lol
You know how California is! Damn people dont know how to drive!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #22
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Ditch it. Took mine off and it's far more comfortable when you hit pot holes and the like. Allows the individual tires to cycle instead of shaking the whole vehicle to shit.

But I also have no qualm ramming shit with my truck.

^The front of a vehicle that does not do deer avoidance.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #23
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
Yeah I like to take those freeway on ramps kinda fast
Don't the onramps in socal have traffic lights on them?
Old 05-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #25
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
They do but they only use them in the mornings or afternoons for rush hour traffic
Also frwy interchanges, those are fun! As long as there's no traffic.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #26
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
I've had mine off for a while now, on stock suspension and lifted with 886 ome's. Stock there was significantly more sway on hard turns, but also significantly smoother on road and especially off road. With stiffer aftermarket suspension the sway is equal to stock with a swaybar, but still have the smoothness of no swaybar. As for close calls, I can't recall any, but I think it is because people are scurred of getting hit by my bumper...
Old 05-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #27
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
ditch it! i love it without mine worst comes to worst, u dont like it and just throw it back on
Old 05-15-2012, 07:01 AM   #28
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think I ever saw a moose yet in socal. Do it! All the cool kids do it here, lol. Just try it for a week and if you dont like the extra body roll then put it on. Rides like butter on dirt though.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #29
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Going to assume the FJ is slightly more top heavy that the tacoma lol
Had mine off for over a year now and do not miss it...Unless I am falling behind from the pack heading up the mountain for camping/wheeling

Just have to adjust to it. (fox mid travel kit here) the coilovers kind of compensate for the lack of sway bar
Old 05-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #30
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the standpoints...I think the sway bar stays on for now...

I will be getting some armor soon, and I think I'll be much more comfortable after installing a heavy duty front bumper. Deciding between Demello's 3 hoop or TJM's new 3 hoop.

For the record, I also have no qualms with ramming something with my truck, only as long as the truck, and I more importantly won't be shredded to pieces because of it.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #31
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Be careful...
Leveling kit/spacer lift + plate bumper + winch+ big dip =

wasn't fun. Hope you plan on beefin up the suspension too. Then you can ditch the swaybar
Old 05-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #32
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
Be careful...
Leveling kit/spacer lift + plate bumper + winch+ big dip =
wasn't fun. Hope you plan on beefin up the suspension too. Then you can ditch the swaybar
What are you trying to say? Your sway bar is on.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #33

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post

yea...after going fox's on all 4 corners...ditched the spacer lift & sway bar

Saw that OP has a leveling kit and wants a plate bumper.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #34
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post

yea...after going fox's on all 4 corners...ditched the spacer lift & sway bar

Saw that OP has a leveling kit and wants a plate bumper.
I will be working on the suspension before getting the bumper. I've seen way too many of these photos...lol
Old 05-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #35
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Am I allowed to post here? I took mine off, noticed the body roll but after a few weeks of driving on a closed course I have no more issues

This does not count, has New Mexico plates on it...
Old 05-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #36
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
without getting too technical, a spacer lift makes the suspension bottom out before the stock bump stops, so a hard hit would bottom out the shocks metal to metal, either blowing them, or snapping the rod ends as show.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #37

jonny's Tacoma Gallery
hit that dip....laughed a little...
noticed the fj had the compton lean....cried a little...
Old 05-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #38
SnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnwTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bry
SnwTaco's Tacoma Gallery
insurance wise though, lets say sway bar is off and you wreck.... are they going to cover you?
Old 05-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #40
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnwTaco View Post
insurance wise though, lets say sway bar is off and you wreck.... are they going to cover you?

They cover:
drunks
dip shits with blacked out lights
stupid people on phones
idiots texting
people tailgating
cars with tinted windows
cars with lights out

I mean really....