Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Anybody driving around without their sway bar?

Old 05-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #41
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
They cover:
drunks
dip shits with blacked out lights
stupid people on phones
idiots texting
people tailgating
cars with tinted windows
cars with lights out

I mean really....
I was thinking the same thing...that's what insurance is for. I'm not paying them $2500/year so they can fix my plastic bumper for $500 every time granny forgets to look behind her as she's backing up.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #42
Never Forget! 343
Bengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Bradley
Bengland25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They cover:
drunks
dip shits with blacked out lights
stupid people on phones
idiots texting
people tailgating
cars with tinted windows
cars with lights out

I mean really....
Agree, but the only difference here is that the sway bar controls the "sway" of the truck and minimizes roll-over..

All of those things you listed have absolutely nothing to do with the actual driving of a vehicle, they affect visibility and driver ignorance.

That being said, insurance most likely will not cover you when you have a sway-bar removed..

I personally have mine off but thats my choice, if your concerns are with legalities and insurance, keep it on...
Old 05-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #43
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
thats why my new excuse to people is "sorry the sway bar is off and its not safe for others to drive"

its better than the usual "sorry nobody drives my truck"

i like that excuse
Old 05-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #46
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengland25 View Post
Agree, but the only difference here is that the sway bar controls the "sway" of the truck and minimizes roll-over..

All of those things you listed have absolutely nothing to do with the actual driving of a vehicle, they affect visibility and driver ignorance.

That being said, insurance most likely will not cover you when you have a sway-bar removed..

I personally have mine off but thats my choice, if your concerns are with legalities and insurance, keep it on...

Tinted windows make it darker and harder to see so if by saying vision has nothing to do with actual driving you need to get your eyes checked again Ray Charles Last time I drove my vision was pretty important.

Ok then Ill revise it for the nit pickers

Do they cover:
trucks with larger tires
trucks with lifts
trucks with aftermarket bumpers
trucks with engine performance enhancements
trucks with frame modifications (sliders, suspension upgrades, etc.)

As long as you don't kill someone the adjuster isn't going to investigate your truck like it was in a crime scene - that's what the police are for.

Lets all get real here and stop being so god damned paranoid.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #47
Never Forget! 343
Bengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Quote:
Tinted windows make it darker and harder to see so if by saying vision has nothing to do with actual driving you need to get your eyes checked again Ray Charles Last time I drove my vision was pretty important.

Ok then Ill revise it for the nit pickers

Do they cover:
trucks with larger tires
trucks with lifts
trucks with aftermarket bumpers
trucks with engine performance enhancements
trucks with frame modifications (sliders, suspension upgrades, etc.)

As long as you don't kill someone the adjuster isn't going to investigate your truck like it was in a crime scene - that's what the police are for.

Lets all get real here and stop being so god damned paranoid.
What does tinted windows have to do with the actual mechanics of the truck?

Do me a favor and call your insurance rep and let us all know what he says.

I have no problem being proven wrong, but with real facts and information.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:07 AM   #48
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:

Well-Where are your facts?? You said "likely will not cover" - based on what??

Not to mention -Tint and blacked out lights are illegal but still regularly get covered by insurance companies.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:16 AM   #49
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
^^^^^ state laws dictate that, both are not illegal here in NM
Edit: some cities here have ordinances but not for those but for things like tinted license plate covers which are only illegal in Santa Gay
Sorry-I didn't qualify. There are tint levels (like less than 20% in NM) that are illegal, much like tail tint levels that are (in most states- I don't feel like looking with NM laws right now- but some tint is usually ok-murdered out usually is not) and those clowns still get covered when they have accidents.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #50
Never Forget! 343

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Well-Where are your facts?? You said "likely will not cover" - based on what??

Not to mention -Tint and blacked out lights are illegal but still regularly get covered by insurance companies.
Based off of common sense, when you (including myself) remove the sway bar, you are taking off a safety feature that prevents roll-overs.

It is very likely that most insurance companies will still cover you, but if they find that your accident was due to something you removed or your insurance rep is a dousche...

...well you shit outta luck

all in all i dont really give a shit if my truck gets covered or not. I love having the sway bar off!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #52
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
20% is ok here anything more is illegal but you will never get cited for it.

Fuck.

What is happening

It's like a trick you guys keep playing on me and I keep falling for it

We all do mods to our trucks we like, illegal or not who gives a shit, as long as you aren't the asshole that color matched their tails like a fucktard

Who gives a shit

We do what we want1

Who gives a shit.

1 - Except for street racing, talking about politics, mentioning to the mods you slept with their mother, or telling a noob to eat shit and die
I think you are missing my point- You and I agree that the insurance companies pay out for "stupid" choices by the drivers so the sway bar is no big deal.
Personally-IDGAF if you remove your tails or use black paint on your windows, until you hit me or my family. It's your ride- Do what you want.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #53
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Why are you nit picking over bullshit?

I know I'm right. Look at the people on TW who crash and read their threads. I have crashed modified vehicles where the only thing that was stock was the body and INSURANCE COVERED 100%.
Engine...new
tranny...new
rear...new
suspension...new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Well-Where are your facts?? You said "likely will not cover" - based on what?? Not to mention -Tint and blacked out lights are illegal but still regularly get covered by insurance companies.

This....^^^

At least when I'm a dick and bicker I'm right....this guy is just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #54
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How come I didn't get quoted boyd?

I had people popping in and out of my office so my screen is constantly getting hidden and I must have missed it.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #55
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post

lol.
Quote:

I had people popping in and out of my office so my screen is constantly getting hidden and I must have missed it.
maybe you should be working and not on TW.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #56
Never Forget! 343

Firefighter:
Quote:
Why are you nit picking over bullshit?

I know I'm right. Look at the people on TW who crash and read their threads. I have crashed modified vehicles where the only thing that was stock was the body and INSURANCE COVERED 100%.
Engine...new
tranny...new
rear...new
suspension...new

This....^^^

At least when I'm a dick and bicker I'm right....this guy is just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.
Yupp your right! good job! Haha
Old 05-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #57
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i have the 730 pound procomp springs on my regular cab and i have not had a sway bar on my tuck since the kit was installed a year ago. at least with my regular cab i can't even tell a difference.

now when i had taken the sb off before i had my suspension upgraded it was freaking scary waaay to much body roll and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone. but, depending your set up it may or may not be a good idea there is only one way to tell.

i tested my truck on a back road with zero traffic and actually tried to replicate an emergency correction and mine seemed to handle it fine the way its currently set up my .02