Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Ellion Mine Run 5/19

Old 05-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Ellion Mine Run 5/19

Elliot Mine/SMuglgers Cave Run
Saturday May 19th, 9:00 AM
Meet @ Alpine Carls Jr, Tavern Rd
We will roll out at 9:30

Elliot mine run is moderate run for 4X4 only. This can be done is a stock Tacoma 4X4 but some modification is reccomended, at least one locker may also come in handy. Armor should not be necessary if you are cautious but not a bad idea. There are some steep inclines and narrow passages. We will be making the run with other vehicles including jeeps, one is stock to give you idea of difficulty for those that have not done this run. Elliot mine is off of Inkopah Rd, last exit before going down the hill into the valley.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like fun! Take pics!
Old 05-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a really fun trail, kinda short but def. fun, def worth it if you've never been & theres a chance of seeing Pacific coast Big Horn sheep

( & no Tyler, you can't make sausage out of them )

Good meet spot too, get right back on I-8 east

Coming down from top of Elliot mines...

Old 05-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yes, you can make sausage out of them. I have only been lucky enuf to see them one time and that was up in suprise canyon on the backside of Panamint, way the eff out there.

If this trail goes too fast we might hit one of the diamonds in Corral Cyn on the way back, no crossover but Sidwinder, Gunslinger and Bronc flats are maybe's
Old 05-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

1. Tyler (Socalduckslayer)
2. Chris (Csjumper)
3. Jeff (Not on forum, Jeeper)
4. Chad (Not on forum, Jeeper)
Old 05-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #8
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Have fun guys. I'll be in Palm Springs with the wifey. No more of this at least for a couple of days. LOL.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #9
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Have fun guys. I'll be in Palm Springs with the wifey. No more of this at least for a couple of days. LOL.

Hey Al....stop whackin' it dude ...
Old 05-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #10
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
I was just there like 2 weeks ago. Fun exploring the old mines. short, but fun none the less. I have a few pics of it on my phone, i'll take em off and upload em in a bit.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #12
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
if i can be picked up from my yard right off the japatul exit on I-8.

sorry im paranoid since my last truck was broken into. if you others like i could ask my boss if it was cool to park your trucks in the gated yard too. for a little more security
Old 05-15-2012, 12:27 AM   #13
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah its not somewhere you want to leave your truck alone for long. This area is a common crossing spot for illegals.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #14
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm see if I can sneak out of work for a few hours, although I need to trim and bang my inner fender seam over before i go, the cutting of the front tires needs to stop.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #15
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Hey Al....stop whackin' it dude ...
But that's half the fun Doug. Whack it in the morning. Whack it in the afternoon. Whack it in the evening. Haha. Whack during traffic.

Good morning ladies.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #16
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
But that's half the fun Doug. Whack it in the morning. Whack it in the afternoon. Whack it in the evening. Haha. Whack during traffic.

Good morning ladies.

Good mornin' Al, I heard you work for .....whackin hut....
Old 05-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #17
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Hmm that's my birthday day . But I'm still stock . Maybe ?

Happy birthday. you should go
Old 05-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #18
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Happy birthday Gabe, you should do it , awesome views.

We've taken stock pre runners & 4x's up there with no issues, my only suggestion is if anyone has those useless,brittle ass mud flaps on take them off prior to trailing, I promise they'll break off...
Old 05-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #19
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I thought you installed the new frontend?
Old 05-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #20

This is all the photos I took of the area. A lot of fun! I'll see what my plans are for saturday, I like Eliot mine, but that corral canyon doesn't like my paint...