Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Saturday, June 2nd Lucerne Run

Old 05-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #41
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
depends 100% on if my truck is in the shop or not. I have axles, engine cage, gears all lined up to go in. If things go according to plan, then I would most likely NOT have my truck Doesnt mean I cant take Jen's truck
Old 05-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #42
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan Blagg
desert guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
depends 100% on if my truck is in the shop or not. I have axles, engine cage, gears all lined up to go in. If things go according to plan, then I would most likely NOT have my truck Doesnt mean I cant take Jen's truck
I hope you don't have your truck that weekend.
That means she is getting her new modifications
Old 05-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #43
striker3 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 0369
Name: Justin
striker3's Tacoma Gallery
What is the difficulty level of these trails? I would love to join you guys, but have a stock TRD Offroad. I don't want to jack up the body before I get armor put on, plus the stock tires don't have the traction that I am used too :/
Old 05-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #44
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker3 View Post
What is the difficulty level of these trails? I would love to join you guys, but have a stock TRD Offroad. I don't want to jack up the body before I get armor put on, plus the stock tires don't have the traction that I am used too :/
Body damage on these trails is not likely. Some of the trails we'll be on may be part of the race track which is major whoops and ruts. I don't have long travel so I won't be hauling ass through the rough sections. Your truck will be fine but will have to go slower through the rougher sections which we don't mind. Your main concern should be getting a flat tire due to the amount of rocks and such out there.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #45
Awesome, I would be stoked to join you guys for the day then. Count me in!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #46
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

We had a fully stock taco chase for use in the race this weekend
Old 05-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #47
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We had a fully stock taco chase for use in the race this weekend
Sweet! That's the spirit.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #48
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
Sweet! That's the spirit.
Yup! Taqoma. He started out slow as shit but learned to mob by the end of the race
Old 05-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #49

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Updated list

1) Johnnie
2) RecklessTaco
3) Gregero
4) RJ
5) Tostidos
6) JJBSocal
7) Mohawk - Maybe
8) blackhawke88 - Maybe
9) striker3

Striker- Make sure you have a good spare tire.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #50
Yep, spare is good plus I bring plugs along as well.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #51

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
IMO, you don't need to carry extra gas. We'll top off in Apple Valley which is about 30 miles to the main trail head. From that point we shouldn't be driving more than 150 miles in the dirt. Feel free to bring a 5 gallon gas can to be safe if you prefer. Maybe someone with more Lucerne experience can chime in.

Things to bring

- Race radio
- Recovery strap and d ring.
- Food, snacks and water
- GPS optional
- Shovel
- Oil and all necessary fluids
- Spare tire. If you do not have a spare tire, please find one.
- Tools
- Air compressor
- Any extra parts, nuts, bolts
Old 05-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #52
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
definitely bring a 5 gallon can...

the gas stations on Bear Valley around 7th street were $4.19 this past weekend, but the gas stations deeper in were $4.35 and up...

plus, once out in the dirt out there, nearest gas will be a long drive...
Old 05-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #53
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

John i got ur PM, lemme check it out when I get home.

This is my off roading check list:

Quote:
I just took the time to compile what I always take off-roading into an actual check list to use every time before heading out, so I thought I'd share with everyone:

From Home:
□ Tent
□ Sleeping Bag
□ Air Mattress
□ Air pump
□ EZ Up
□ Chairs
□ Ice Chest
□ Flashlight
□ Flashlight Charger
□ Phone Charger
□ Pillows
□ Tools
o Mech. Tools
o Electrical Tools
□ Spare Tires
□ Jumper Cables
□ Recovery Strap
□ D-Rings
□ Toilet Paper
□ Tie Downs and Ratchet Straps
□ Jack
□ Race Radio
□ CB Radio
□ Walkie Talkies and Charger
□ Fuel Jug
□ Air Pump for tires
□ Lug nut sockets
□ Torque Wrench
□ Bypass adjustment tools
□ Warm Clothes
□ Cool Clothes
□ Hat
□ Sunglasses
□ Sun Screen
□ AAA Card
□ Zip ties
□ First Aid Kit
□ Wood Blocks

From Store:
□ Water
□ Food
□ Energy Drinks
□ Alcohol
□ Ice
□ Fire Wood
Old 05-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #54

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
definitely bring a 5 gallon can...

the gas stations on Bear Valley around 7th street were $4.19 this past weekend, but the gas stations deeper in were $4.35 and up...

plus, once out in the dirt out there, nearest gas will be a long drive...
The man has spoken. Bring your 5 gallon gas can.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #55

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
John i got ur PM, lemme check it out when I get home.
No problem.

We might enter some mine shafts so bring a flashlight.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #56
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I found two mines at the beginning of our run. Silver Reef Mine and Lester Dale Gold Mine which are right next to each other. We'll be going to those at the beginning and then making a quick u-turn and head out to our run. I'm going to try and figure out the coordinates to get us to Slash X. In the coordinates Aaron provided, there is a route to get us to Slash X but I need to incorporate that with the current route I have.
here is a few pics of the silver reef mine. we were out there on saturday. deff bring a flashlight and watch out for the giant rats inside. didnt see any bats though.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #58
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Updated list

1) Johnnie
2) RecklessTaco
3) Gregero
4) RJ
5) Tostidos
6) JJBSocal
7) Mohawk - Maybe
8) blackhawke88 - Maybe
9) striker3
10)NoSoup4You

Striker- Make sure you have a good spare tire.
how did I get lost?
Old 05-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #59

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
how did I get lost?
My bad!

1) Johnnie
2) RecklessTaco
3) Gregero
4) RJ
5) Tostidos
6) JJBSocal
7) Mohawk - Maybe
8) blackhawke88 - Maybe
9) striker3
10)NoSoup4You
Old 05-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #60
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the woman's approval , so I'm a maybe for now, just gotta make sure the cash flow is good and I'm gtg!

1) Johnnie
2) RecklessTaco
3) Gregero
4) RJ
5) Tostidos
6) JJBSocal
7) Mohawk - Maybe
8) blackhawke88 - Maybe
9) striker3
10)NoSoup4You
11)VolcomTacoma2011(Maybe)