Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Saturday, June 2nd Lucerne Run

Old 05-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Saturday, June 2nd Lucerne Run

We'll be doing a Lucerne Run Saturday, June 2nd. Some of the San Diego So. Cal. Tacoma crew will be heading up this way so we want to make it worth their drive.

Right now I have an 80 loop from Lucerne to the 40 fwy and back to Lucerne. I just gotta figure out how to convert it from a Garmin file to Lowrance. I was considering a Barstow to Lucerne run but I'd rather avoid the freeway to Barstow and stay on the dirt. Therefore, we'll be romping through Lucerne up to Barstow and back in the dirt.

Radio channel -- 153.110

Meeting points:
8am off the 15 fwy at Sierra Blvd in Fontana at the Arco gas station.
9am off Bear Valley Rd. in Victorville at TBD. We should be in Victorville before 9am so we may be leaving earlier than 9am.
10am aired down & on the trail.

Make sure you bring at least water and lunch if for some reason we can't make it to Slash X for lunch.

IMO, you don't need to carry extra gas. We'll top off in Apple Valley which is about 30 miles to the main trail head. From that point we shouldn't be driving more than 150 miles in the dirt. Feel free to bring a 5 gallon gas can to be safe if you prefer.

Things to bring

- Race radio
- Recovery strap and d ring.
- Food, snacks and water
- GPS optional
- Shovel
- Oil and all necessary fluids
- Spare tire. If you do not have a spare tire, please find one.
- Tools
- Air compressor
- Any extra parts, nuts, bolts

1) Johnnie
2) RecklessTaco
3) Gregero
4) RJ
5) Tostidos
6) JJBSocal
Old 05-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
Count me in!
Nice! I feel like this is a family reunion. Add your names to the list

1) Johnnie
2) RecklessTaco
3) Gregero
4) RJ
5) Tostidos
6) JJBSocal
7) NoSoup4You
Old 05-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #4
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Woohoo!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #6
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-17-2012, 06:34 AM   #7

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
Johnnie, this is the conversion site i use..

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/convert_input

put me down as a maybe if i get my truck fixed by then...
I tried that site but it wouldn't accept your file. However, I got it converted and it's in my Lowrance.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #9
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

what trail are you taking across the 247 to get from Lucerne to Barstow?
Old 05-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #10

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
We're starting off the 247 at Bessemer Mine Rd. and heading north towards Barstow.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #11
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
We're starting off the 247 at Bessemer Mine Rd. and heading north towards Barstow.
you have to cross the 247 again where it goes North/South to get to Barstow, unless you are going directly North across the 40 to Mojave road.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #12
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Old 05-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #14

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
you have to cross the 247 again where it goes North/South to get to Barstow, unless you are going directly North across the 40 to Mojave road.
When we get to Bessemer Mine Rd. we head towards the race track and continue north on Transmission Line Rd. We loop around near the 40 fwy/military area and head back south into the canyons and we come out at Camp Rock Rd. Technically we're not actually going to Barstow. I can post the map when I get home tonight. Mohawk is more familiar with the route.

However, I'm open to new routes if you have any suggestions. Lucerne Valley is so big, you can go anywhere.

I attached a map of the general area we'll be in.
Attached Thumbnails
Saturday, June 2nd Lucerne Run-lucerne.jpg  
Old 05-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #15
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
subd, if my bedcage is done then im in.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #16
jjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jjbsocal's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet.. Lets do this!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #17

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking we can veer off our route stop by Slash X for a late lunch.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #18
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Well I got my vacation approved, I have to look up airline tickets to fly home to florida im going to try to be back by thursday or friday so i can still make it out to this.

and X2 on slash x never been
Old 05-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #19
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

bomb ass breakfast, takes forever tho
Old 05-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #20

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Aaron-

Do you happen to have any other routes in a gps file? I'm open to all suggestions for Lucerne. Right now I'm looking for mines out there that we can check out.