Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Going to Pismo - got some questions

Old 05-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #21
ntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ntydog13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Really you should just park the truck because there isn't much you can do with a stock truck.
Highly disagree lol just ask relik. Just keep the skinny pedal down and if u feel you forward momentum slowing down turn around and give it another try. Follow sand highway for your first time out then venture farther out after
Old 05-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #22
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
I would take the mud flaps off. When you stop, I would back up 10 feet before going forward if in soft stuff.

Bring a strap and a shovel too.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #23
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery
rule #1- dont go to sleep at 8pm in the dunes!! theres a crew of tw hooligans who roam around late night..also keep one eye peeled for sand deer
Old 05-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #24
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntydog13 View Post
Highly disagree lol just ask relik. Just keep the skinny pedal down and if u feel you forward momentum slowing down turn around and give it another try. Follow sand highway for your first time out then venture farther out after
I took mine out and it was boring. Can't go fast even though you need to. I took my 4wd Ranger out to Glamis. All I was doing was pulling out 2wds all day. Never again.

No thanks:

http://youtu.be/mVkWA0uoYC8
Old 05-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #25
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I took mine out and it was boring. Can't go fast even though you need to. I took my 4wd Ranger out to Glamis. All I was doing was pulling out 2wds all day. Never again.
ask for tow money?

If I do more than a pull or two I generally ask for 5 bucks
Old 05-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #26
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowroxKT View Post
ask for tow money?

If I do more than a pull or two I generally ask for 5 bucks
They were friends in their crappy 2wd bro trucks.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #27
AK SnowroxKT

Quote:
They were friends in their crappy 2wd bro trucks.

Oh, gotcha.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #28
ntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....89208&comments

Couldn't find reliks jump he was bone stock off the dealers lot and went bigger than that. I do not advise doing this but stock is totally capable
Old 05-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #29
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/bCKboyXBGrg
Old 05-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #30
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 05-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #32
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Like said before AIR DOWN! Makes a night and day difference.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqoma View Post
LOL is that him?? "fuck me ..."
Lol no that was at superstition I'm talking about relik at pismo he launched his truck and everything was fine
Old 05-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #34
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery
this guy lol!!! eddie put his new truck through more in the first few months then 99% of the trucks on here will ever see
Old 05-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #35
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really you should just park the truck because there isn't much you can do with a stock truck.
Not true at all! A lil drive finese, air down, locker if a gotta it and keep ur momentum up, stop on downward slopes. U will be fine, and have a blast! Oh bring a shovel too, u can save urself from a tug if ur barely stuck. Let us know when ur going a few of us would go too. Tacokid aka Brian lives right there and is always there.

Quote:
X1000000000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dangler View Post
rule #1- dont go to sleep at 8pm in the dunes!! theres a crew of tw hooligans who roam around late night..also keep one eye peeled for sand deer

Fawking sand deer and TW hooligans and their shananagins!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #36
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Fucking sand deer and TW hooligans

Old 05-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #37
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Lol no that was at superstition I'm talking about relik at pismo he launched his truck and everything was fine
Type II vs Type I error.

Would you rather someone not jump their truck and possibly be fine jumping it? Or do you want someone to jump their truck and possibly wreck?

I would never personally encourage someone to jump their stock truck.

Pismo is fun for stock trucks to drive around in the dunes, but this may happen, and it is not worth the risk:

Old 05-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #38

I specifically stated that I didn't advise jumping I was trying to make a point that you can go out with a stock truck and still have plenty of fun
Old 05-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #39
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Type II vs Type I error.

Would you rather someone not jump their truck and possibly be fine jumping it? Or do you want someone to jump their truck and possibly wreck?

I would never personally encourage someone to jump their stock truck.

Pismo is fun for stock trucks to drive around in the dunes, but this may happen, and it is not worth the risk:

Shouldn't jump a stock truck period! I agree never encourage someone to jump ANY truck, I usually try to talk em out of it. That being said some build their trucks to do stuff like that and know the consequences.

Pismo is fun. And is fun in a stock truck too! It MAY happen if u do stupid stuff. Those two jumps were both a dumb call! One guy paid for it and one got away with. Telling someone don't go to pismo cuz tha can happen to you like saying don't get on freeway cuz u could wreck it going fast. Drive with in ur trucks ability and driver ability.

I disagree pismo is worth it! WAY WORTH IT!

Rant over...
Old 05-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #40
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Pismo as awesome for stock trucks, everytime ive gone i was stock. Jumping isnt worth it, rent an ATV.