Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

SMP Fabworks

Old 05-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
SMP Fabworks

This is my new bumper that Steven at SMP Fabworks in Sun Valley, CA did for me recently. I'm sure some of you are wondering why I didn't make my own bumper seeing as I'm capable of doing so. Well, I wouldn't have been able to do as good a job as Steve has.

I wanted that extra rake on the skid so Steve and I agreed that the only way to get it was to chop off the front crossmember, moving things further up and back. No bolt-on bullshit here.

These guys are the real deal. A legitimate business/fabrication shop and not some glorified backyard tinkerers who didn't even know how to MIG weld 2 years ago. Steve works on everything from TV & film vehicles to Porsche cup race cars.

The build quality of the cars & trucks that come out of SMP rivals that of the biggest names in off road.

SMP Fabworks
7680 Clybourn ave. unit D
Sun Valley, CA 91352

818-767-3931

Old 05-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!
Old 05-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
Raxman80 has a spectacular aura aboutRaxman80 has a spectacular aura aboutRaxman80 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ray
Raxman80's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sweet!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
New bumper looks good Will congrats.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
lets see those lights lit up!!
Old 05-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #7
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
bumper looks awesome dude... SMP does nice work

not gonna lie though... i kinda miss the light rack. that thing was nice
Old 05-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #8
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

while we're on the topic of SMP and tacomas i think it's appropriate to leave this here

http://www.off-roadweb.com/features/.../photo_07.html
Old 05-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
bumper looks awesome dude... SMP does nice work

not gonna lie though... i kinda miss the light rack. that thing was nice
x2 the light rack was awesome.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #10
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
while we're on the topic of SMP and tacomas i think it's appropriate to leave this here

http://www.off-roadweb.com/features/.../photo_07.html
Wasn't he trying to sell his "trophy truck" in the past for some ridiculous price?

Is SMP reasonable or are they an "SDHQ" style shop, price wise? I know you get what you pay for but I'm curious as to what kind of customers they are wanting to bring in.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
looks awesome! nice limit straps also
Old 05-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
Wasn't he trying to sell his "trophy truck" in the past for some ridiculous price?

Is SMP reasonable or are they an "SDHQ" style shop, price wise? I know you get what you pay for but I'm curious as to what kind of customers they are wanting to bring in.
lol... yeah, his RDC ad said it was a street legal TT and he wanted like almost $50K for it or something crazy... not sure if it sold or not

regardless... it's a nice freaking truck
Old 05-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #13
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wait.... you mean to tell me mines not a street legal tt ?
Old 05-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
Get some gnar gnar fenders and it will be!
soon.....very soon
Old 05-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #16
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks guys! I sold the light rack to try out a different set up. I should have some bolt-on roof light racks available soon.

Both the Tacoma and the Titan are nice trucks. I've seen both up close a bunch of times.

Pricing is very fair in my opinion, and honestly it had to be if I was gunna pay someone to build me a bumper vs. me doing it myself for a fraction of the price.

SMP is run by 2 really cool guys, father and son. Drop by or give them a call and let them know that Will sent you.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJammn5 View Post
NICE bumper. love the angle. Looks great! For my future bumper I'm going to ask for the two support bars to be boxed.
Thanks! Steve can definitely do that for you.