Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Official Anza Borrego/Split Mountain trip

View Poll Results: Who's down for an Anza-Borrego trip??
Totally down for overnight 2 day camping trip! 17 43.59%
Willing to go, but only for a day trip. 9 23.08%
Too far for me to drive. 3 7.69%
F#%K that it's WAYYYY too hot!!! 12 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #21
Go Big Or Go Home!
PrerunnerChris has a spectacular aura aboutPrerunnerChris has a spectacular aura about

PrerunnerChris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
It wont take too much planning, other than getting time off work...just need to buy some food/water and I'm set.

I have June 22nd - July 1st off...I'd be down for either weekend, really.

Im definitely down for the 22nd lets make this happen!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:35 AM   #22
n0ms is on a distinguished road
Name: Angel
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down for an day trip ,maybe over night depending on work.
That or Pismo beach.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #24
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ms View Post
I'm down for an day trip ,maybe over night depending on work.
That or Pismo beach.
This weekend!!! HUCKFEST!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...-huckfest.html
Old 06-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #26
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in for 22-23rd. I'll probably take that Friday off just to get a head start...I'm known for making wrong turns from time to time...Haha
Old 06-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #27
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDirt View Post
Count me in for 22-23rd. I'll probably take that Friday off just to get a head start...I'm known for making wrong turns from time to time...Haha
Sweet! I wont be off work until 6:00pm so I'm thinking I might leave Saturday early morning and stay Saturday night...any thoughts?
Old 06-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #28
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Sweet! I wont be off work until 6:00pm so I'm thinking I might leave Saturday early morning and stay Saturday night...any thoughts?
Do you have GPS coordinates for Friday night's camp?
Old 06-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #29
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDirt View Post
Do you have GPS coordinates for Friday night's camp?
It really depends on whether or not I even go out Friday night...if I do, I'll arrive well after dark (probably around midnight), so it's kinda tough to pick a spot in the dark. It really depends on who is going Friday, and where they decide to settle down for the night. Like I said, it's open camping...so you can literally choose any spot you like to spend the night.

I made this map to show you guys where I have in mind. Each one of the blue/indigo points is a potential campsite. The further East you go, the more desolate and longer it will take to get to the main road/cell phone reception area. I stayed in the spot that is 3rd to the right. It wasn't bad, it was out of the way, but there was a lot of traffic going through Saturday morning. I'd stay there again.

The primitive campground (first one to the right, just off the main road) would be a good spot for Friday since it's close to the road and it won't be hard to find in the dark. Also easy to spot other trucks from there, since it is about 5-10 feet higher than the road.

Map link: http://goo.gl/maps/RPCt
Old 06-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #30

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for this...looks super cool and camping at the first area mentioned will be cool. As time gets closer, I'm sure we'll nail it down. Thanks again!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #32
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
:subscribed:
Old 06-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #33
Go Big Or Go Home!
PrerunnerChris has a spectacular aura aboutPrerunnerChris has a spectacular aura about

PrerunnerChris's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Jay, I would be down to caravan out there with you on Friday if your trying to stay both Friday and Saturday night.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #34
yotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
Name: ADRIEL
yotanation29's Tacoma Gallery
id be down to head there saturday night and camp till sunday do a trail and head home. i cant do friday and saturday
Old 06-08-2012, 06:21 AM   #37

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrerunnerChris View Post
Hey Jay, I would be down to caravan out there with you on Friday if your trying to stay both Friday and Saturday night.
Sounds good Chris.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #39
BIGBADJON22 is on a distinguished road

Name: jonathan
BIGBADJON22's Tacoma Gallery
sounds great!!!! But put me down as a maybe. I'm planing a big road trip to Canada and yellow stone. So I have to crunch the numbers.