Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

"ProForce" (Anthony) did a great job installing my new lights

Old 06-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
SamoTaco is on a distinguished road

SamoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
"ProForce" (Anthony) did a great job installing my new lights

Hey guys,

Just in case anyone was interested in getting some electrical installation work done, I highly recommend Anthony (ProForce) on here. He put a couple sets of lights on a light bar on the front of my truck and I am STOKED on the work he did. He also rewired my camper shell so that the interior lights and the brake lights on the shell work (wasnt hooked up before).

Initially he installed some little ADVmonster lights I bought on the group buy. He used a new factory switch to keep things looking stock and wired each one with an idividual 40A relay. The ADVMmonsters were bright and everything, but they dont throw very far and they dont light things up way down the road/desert. To solve the distance problem I picked up a couple of Baja Designs HID prerunner lights and with under an hour of notice Anthony was able to meet me and get those wired up to the same switch. Now each 40A relay shares a little LED and one HID so the system is balanced. I'm super stoked on the result.

I have some pictures below of the beautiful work he has done. He's also an absolutely great guy. Anyway I'll shut up and let you check out the man's work. I'll try to post some images of the lights after I aim them sometime.

Anthony is located right by the 10 & 57 freeway which is pretty convenient for most of socal as well...

p.s. sorry about the dirty truck and crappy iphone pictures... dont let that detract from Anthony's awesome install skills

*edit* heres a link to some of Anthony's other work:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...-counties.html
Attached Thumbnails
"ProForce" (Anthony) did a great job installing my new lights-photo-2.jpg   "ProForce" (Anthony) did a great job installing my new lights-photo-3.jpg   "ProForce" (Anthony) did a great job installing my new lights-photo-4.jpg   "ProForce" (Anthony) did a great job installing my new lights-photo-5.jpg   "ProForce" (Anthony) did a great job installing my new lights-photo-6.jpg  

"ProForce" (Anthony) did a great job installing my new lights-photo-7.jpg  
Old 06-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
did you install the other fog light switch backwards for a reason?
Old 06-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO4LOW View Post
How much was the oem fog switch.
I actually can't remember, Anthony got a dealer hookup on it for me but I think it was still on the order of 40-50 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey05Taco View Post
Yeah I asked Anthony to put it upside down so I could tell them apart and so i's remember that is the switch to blind everything in front of me
Old 06-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey05Taco View Post
Identification purposes?
Old 06-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Identification purposes?
exactly, also pointing upwards because the lights are BLINDING
Old 06-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Very clean. Is there a chance you could snap a photo of the back of the OEM switch please. Is it a wire harness or male plugs?
Old 06-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #9

Quote:
How much was the oem fog switch.
Quote:
This?^^^
Just checked, the dealer price is $66. Anthony got me the switch for $42. I know this was a special hookup though and I dont know if he can always get this price, so if you're interested in having him install something contact him and see what kind of prices he can do. He supplied all of the electrical parts for me and I just reimbursed him.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #11
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
OEM fog switch runs about $42 without harness. I bought a 4 pin harness connection separate for about $4 instead of $20 and just soldered it onto the switch. Comes out just as good if not better and is way cheaper. This is the 6th OEM fog switch I wired this way including 2 extras in my own truck and never had a problem.

Thanks for the rep man!! Glad you like the install. Too bad no pictures of the relay setup but oh well. Thanks again :thumbup:
Old 06-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Very clean. Is there a chance you could snap a photo of the back of the OEM switch please. Is it a wire harness or male plugs?
I've attached the only picture I have of the dash torn apart, dont know if that will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Thanks for the rep man!! Glad you like the install. Too bad no pictures of the relay setup but oh well. Thanks again :thumbup:
Thank you! I'll take some photos of the relays and the work inside the hood this afternoon for ya. Thanks again Anthony!
Attached Thumbnails
"ProForce" (Anthony) did a great job installing my new lights-photo-1.jpg  
Old 06-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #14
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The OEM switch was purchased without the OEM harness. It is a 4 pin harness. The switch has 4 exposed male pins on the back of it. I soldered a 2" wire to each pin on the switch. Those 4 wires connect to a 4 pin plug/connector. This is how I maintain the capability of unplugging the switch without cutting wires. Its very cheap and easy to do. You can buy a universal 4 pin connector with a few inches of wire on each side at most electronic supply stores like radio shack. I'll look up a picture and try to post in a little while
Old 06-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #15
Thin Blue Line

You purchase a connectors like this ^^ and cut it in half. The 2 sides plug into each other and gives you exposed wire to solder to the switch on 1 side, then 2 wires jump over to the actual OEM fog switch that came with the truck for illumination, 1 wire goes to.ground, and the other gets extended to.your relay setup.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #16

As promised here are (finally) some pictures of the battery hookup with an in-line fuse and the relays Anthony put in to install my LED & HIDs.

Thanks again buddy
Attached Thumbnails
"ProForce" (Anthony) did a great job installing my new lights-photo-21.jpg   "ProForce" (Anthony) did a great job installing my new lights-photo-31.jpg  
Old 07-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #17
pelon is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
pelon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
OEM fog switch runs about $42 without harness. I bought a 4 pin harness connection separate for about $4 instead of $20 and just soldered it onto the switch. Comes out just as good if not better and is way cheaper. This is the 6th OEM fog switch I wired this way including 2 extras in my own truck and never had a problem.

Anthony,
I need to set up a light bar, an Amber light , rock lights, back up lights and lights in the bed. Also need to install a dual battery set up (ruff stuff dual optima battery box already purchased). I am located in Westminster. How do I get a hold of you.