Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Calling all Southern California Surfers: Let's go to Baja !

Old 05-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #22
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
just made one in the Socal section, can't link it with my phone for you though
Old 05-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #23
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWheelDrive View Post
Hey all, I just bought my new Taco, and am getting going on the mods. A long way to go to catch up with you guys.

Anyway, back before I was married, I used to go down to Baja all the time with my family and friends to each fish tacos, drink shitty beer, get sunburned, and surf my brains out. Long story short, I'm 28, I am getting a divorce, I sold my station wagon, bought my dream truck, and am ready to enjoy the freedom of Baja again with my dog and some good people.

I would love to do a trip in the next month or so, hopefully coordinated with some tasty south swell. The problem is, I haven't been down further than Ensenada in some time, and would love to go with someone who really knows their way around. In the next week, my rig will be truck camping capable. Going to build an elevated bed, install Snugtop, OME lift, Camburg UCAs should be on this week also.

I'd like to do at least 4-5 days. The more remote, the better. I'd like to avoid the busier spots like Scorpion Bay. I'm very flexible with work right now, and I need to get outta dodge to get my head right. Anyone in? Maybe have a trip planned already that I can jump in with? Let's do this!
I don't surf but I'm always there in June and november. Baja 500 and 1000 FTW
Old 05-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #24
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SooeyDawg View Post
I haven't been down there in years.
Is it still sketchy down there with all the drug wars and shit?

I would love to hear from anyone that has been down there recently as well.
Some uncrowded point break action would be sick.
No it's not. Nothing is going on down there. I know that place very well, I lived in baja for quiet a while.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #25
OneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shedOneWheelDrive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
OneWheelDrive's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to revive this thread. I go fairly regularly and the more trucks and people, the better. I probably head down there once or twice a month and there's nothing to be afraid of as long as you don't try to buy drugs in TJ at 3:00 am. I'm thinking about a trip to Punta San Jose again the weekend of the 16th-18th. Not sure there will be swell, but it's a fun high speed dirt/rutted road out there and you're totally isolated. Let me know if you're interested!

Old 08-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #26
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
A guy at work goes al the time down there. I could get you guys together if you want.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #27
HolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shedHolyReptar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bry
HolyReptar's Tacoma Gallery
I suck at surfing but that would be a trip I wouldn't mind making for a weekend