Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Looking for a Fabricator in SoCal

Old 06-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
Looking for a Fabricator in SoCal

So I am looking for someone who knows how to design and build cages here in SoCal...I need a cage built for a Chump Car we are building. I am willing to pay as long as it's reasonably price

but I do have a kicker...I would like to be involved in the process in other words I want to learn how to bend tube and the proper technique to welding the cage up. I have experience welding but I am no professional...

So if you are willing to show me the ropes a bit and get paid to build me a cage I would really appreciate it. I want to learn for my own personal knowledge I am not going into the fabrication business! :smokin:

This is pretty much what we need...

And it's going into this...the car will be totally striped of course, no glass no dash, nothing that will get in the way. I will trailer the car to where ever your location maybe and I can bring my own welder as well. I have a Hobart Handler 180 Mig Welder with Gas

So if you are interested please hit me up...I can buy a similar bolt in cage from autopower for about $800 so I am hoping I can save a few bucks by having someone build one for me.

So if you are interested or know someone who wants to make a few bucks please point them in my direction! I can be reached via Email @

Marlon@SiRMarlon.com

and by txt @ 323.206.6528

Thank You!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
it's going to be hard to beat 800 bucks. tubing isn't that cheap. 1.75"x.120" mild steel is like $2.75 a ft so material is like half the price. I don't think you are using DOM right?
Old 06-29-2012, 02:48 AM   #3
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
Youll be hardpressed to find someone to beat that price alone. You're looking at 400ish in materials. 60-120/hr avg shop time, and building a cage is definitely take more than 4 hours unless you have a car for the cage already. You helping or watching will almost certainly double that price. If you really want to save some money on this project I would look into an rop welding class. The one we had in ramona was a fully equipped fab shop and we were allowed to take on projects like this if we followed the simple rules.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/fab-shop/23738.htm

Here is a start. This guy did a good write up on design intentions for a prerunner truck.
I don't know anything about cars so there will be some exceptions. 800 is a good deal on a cage if it meets the specs of what you are planning to race your car in.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
That's a pretty terrible cage layout even if it's basic.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #6
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
hit up Sick Nick in Stanton, CA, he has great prices.

$800 will be really hard to beat.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
I got a good lead already so hopefully it works out...
Old 06-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlescars View Post
That's a pretty terrible cage layout even if it's basic.
Yup
Old 07-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan Blagg
desert guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
hit up Sick Nick in Stanton, CA, he has great prices.

$800 will be really hard to beat.
Nick has good prices and quality work, But there is NO WAY he will want you there to watch.