Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

air bag light is on

Old 07-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
lazarojimenez is on a distinguished road
lazarojimenez's Tacoma Gallery
air bag light is on

i ready instal the new air bags but the light is on, did some body know how can i turn off.?
Old 07-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarojimenez View Post
i ready instal the new air bags but the light is on, did some body know how can i turn off.?

Maybe putting this in the Southern California forum wasn't the best choice.

If you installed a new airbag on your steering wheel, you probably bent the "clockspring."

You can get rid of the airbag light by replacing the ridiculously priced clock spring, or pull your instrument cluster out and put some electrical tape behind the airbag warning indicator. That's what I did.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #3
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Just turn off the air bag light with the switch on the panel.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
909tacoma is on a distinguished road
909tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Your clockspring is probably bad... On my 07 I already got a recall notice, it said toyota doesn't have the parts yet to fix it, but when they become available I will be notified.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
join the club
Old 07-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
What I am curious about, is why you replaced the airbags in the first place? Was there an accident and they deployed? Something was broken? Whats up?
Old 07-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #7
lazarojimenez is on a distinguished road
lazarojimenez's Tacoma Gallery
Smile airbag light

thank a lot. it was the clock spring. i ready replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Maybe putting this in the Southern
California forum wasn't the best choice.

If you installed a new airbag on your steering wheel, you probably bent the "clockspring."

You can get rid of the airbag light by replacing the ridiculously priced clock spring, or pull your instrument cluster out and put some electrical tape behind the airbag warning indicator. That's what I did.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarojimenez View Post
thank a lot. it was the clock spring. i ready replaced.
How much did it cost to replace?
Old 07-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by 909tacoma View Post
How much did it cost to replace?
Should be free thanks to the recall.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Should be free thanks to the recall.
That's why I was wondering if he paid anything? Im still waiting for Toyota to tell me the parts are available and to bring in my truck.
Has anyone had the recall done yet?