1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Drive Shaft Re-Tube Orange County

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by HBMurphy, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Jul 10, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy [OP] Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    This past weekend I banged up my drive shaft on John Bull in Big Bear.

Your experience may vary but here was mine...

I went to 2 places:

POWERTRAIN INDUSTRIES in Garden Grove - A BIG Thumbs Down!
    At first they said that my driveshaft was swedged together so he couldn't re-tube it. Then I showed him my driveshaft. He said he would put 2 quotes together... First quote was the best case scenario - $385 for just a re-tube and balance - I told him that I appreciated his time but I don't need to see the other quote and headed down to Drivelines Inc...

DRIVELINES INC
    http://www.drivelinesinc.com/
    I walked in with my drive shaft and without knowing what it was off of, he commented how thin the Toyota Tacoma driveshafts were. He then said it would be about $200 for re-tube and balance. Great guy too. The only other time I met Todd was when I thought I had some vibrations in my driveline. He could have whacked me to balance the driveshaft and said nothing. Instead he said to watch it for a while and see if it goes away... It did, when I swapped out my AP springs with some Dakars.

Oh did I mention that I highly recommend this place! :)

Drivelines Incorporated
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh did I mention that they were going to get it back to me Friday afternoon... Just got a call. It's done!!! :)

2. Jul 10, 2012 at 2:25 PM
    Brandon H

Brandon H Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newhall, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC Offroad
    2017 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium. Icon stage 7, RCI skids, SCS SR8 wheels, budbuilt sliders, 285/70/17 BFG Ko2s (Old rig) 07 Taco TRD Offroad FUlly Locked, Icon Extended Travel CO's w/ remote resis., Alcan AAL's,Icon Remote Resi Rear Shocks, All Pro Front bumper w/ warn 9.5xp,winchline synthetic winch cable,All Pro IFS Skid plate, OME Shims, OME Carrier Bearing drop, Trail Gear Sliders, Yakima Load Warrior Basket, OEM Roof Rack, Hi Lift Extreme, Cobra model 19, Wilson Lil Wil Antenna, Yaesu ft-7800
    I will also recommend drivelinesinc.com to anyone!! I have used their services also and Wade was the man! He had me in and out of there in about an hour, and I will go back to him anytime.

3. Jul 10, 2012 at 3:36 PM
    DDD

DDD Shine bright like a hymen

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I needed a custom length drive shaft made for a project car I am working on. A friend recommended Wenco Ind. in Van Nuys.

They gave me a great price and had it done in about 2 days!

I highly recommend them.

http://www.wencodriveshafts.com/

Products Discussed in

To Top