Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Drive Shaft Re-Tube Orange County

Old 07-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Drive Shaft Re-Tube Orange County

This past weekend I banged up my drive shaft on John Bull in Big Bear.

Your experience may vary but here was mine...

I went to 2 places:

POWERTRAIN INDUSTRIES in Garden Grove - A BIG Thumbs Down!
At first they said that my driveshaft was swedged together so he couldn't re-tube it. Then I showed him my driveshaft. He said he would put 2 quotes together... First quote was the best case scenario - $385 for just a re-tube and balance - I told him that I appreciated his time but I don't need to see the other quote and headed down to Drivelines Inc...

DRIVELINES INC
http://www.drivelinesinc.com/
I walked in with my drive shaft and without knowing what it was off of, he commented how thin the Toyota Tacoma driveshafts were. He then said it would be about $200 for re-tube and balance. Great guy too. The only other time I met Todd was when I thought I had some vibrations in my driveline. He could have whacked me to balance the driveshaft and said nothing. Instead he said to watch it for a while and see if it goes away... It did, when I swapped out my AP springs with some Dakars.

Oh did I mention that I highly recommend this place!

Drivelines Incorporated

Oh did I mention that they were going to get it back to me Friday afternoon... Just got a call. It's done!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
I will also recommend drivelinesinc.com to anyone!! I have used their services also and Wade was the man! He had me in and out of there in about an hour, and I will go back to him anytime.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
I needed a custom length drive shaft made for a project car I am working on. A friend recommended Wenco Ind. in Van Nuys.

They gave me a great price and had it done in about 2 days!

I highly recommend them.

http://www.wencodriveshafts.com/