Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Gone Camping California Edition

Old 01-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #21
CallMeCesar is a jewel in the roughCallMeCesar is a jewel in the roughCallMeCesar is a jewel in the roughCallMeCesar is a jewel in the rough
CallMeCesar's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone interested in getting a camping trip together?
Old 01-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #22
CallMeCesar is a jewel in the roughCallMeCesar is a jewel in the roughCallMeCesar is a jewel in the roughCallMeCesar is a jewel in the rough
Location and date ideas?
Old 01-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #23
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Yep! I'm down from Feb. 12-17
Old 01-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #24
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Out in the desert? Ocotillo wells?
Old 01-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #25
Alright one ocotillo wells dates sounds good. Any one else?
Old 03-10-2014, 12:59 PM   #26
HEAVY WT is on a distinguished road
Name: Matthew
HEAVY WT's Tacoma Gallery
Any one know the CA laws for just driving into the mountains and camping in a state forest etc? Seems like people do it, but haven't been able to find the regulations for it and I'm sure CA has a bunch...
Old 03-10-2014, 01:23 PM   #27

Here is some info on the back of old adventure pass which is required when parking in mountains. You can purchase at big 5, Wal-Mart, sport chalet. State parks there are extra fees for each campground but as far as I know no pass is required when reserving campground, parking is usually included.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:31 PM   #28

It's such a joke that Southern California makes you have an "Adventure Pass" to park in the mountains. I find it somewhat comical.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:29 AM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
It's such a joke that Southern California makes you have an "Adventure Pass" to park in the mountains. I find it somewhat comical.
I absolutely agree
Old 03-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #30

I actually had no idea about the adventure pass until I was hiking around Pine Valley one day (originally from Nor Cal). A pass to park your car...parking at the beach is free in San Diego why can't you park your car in the mountains where nobody is?!?!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #31

...and my rant is over
Old 03-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #32
Stalker
TacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TacoBrah's Tacoma Gallery
Ive never bought an Adventure Pass. I aint gonna pay the man so I can park in the publicly owned mountains.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:58 PM   #33

^^^^ Right! But with my luck I will get a grumpy Ranger who likes ruining peoples day at my truck.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:03 AM   #34
Gone Camping California Edition-uploadfromtaptalk1394992958752.jpg
Old 03-16-2014, 11:05 AM   #35
Camping at Prado park in Chino local trip with a kayak rental from REI. Nice local trip 20 min from the house.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #36
Old 03-16-2014, 05:06 PM   #37
3ps14 is on a distinguished road

3ps14's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know of camping areas where I can just drive my truck and camp wherever? No campgrounds with fire pits and amenities. I just want to be secluded and as far removed from civilization for awhile. Do any such places exist in Southern California?
Old 03-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #38
Ever consider baja?
Old 03-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ps14 View Post
Does anyone know of camping areas where I can just drive my truck and camp wherever? No campgrounds with fire pits and amenities. I just want to be secluded and as far removed from civilization for awhile. Do any such places exist in Southern California?
the desert