Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Anybody with an OEM roof rack? NEED YOUR HELP!

Old 08-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody with an OEM roof rack? NEED YOUR HELP!

Hey guys, so I'm looking into buying an OEM roof rack, but I need to know if my Yakima basket will work with it before pulling the trigger.

Anybody with a 2nd gen double cab have an OEM roof rack on their truck, and is willing to test-fit my basket on their truck? I can meet you somewhere or come to you (as long as it's not too far) if that's more convenient.

Please let me know, thanks guys.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:28 AM   #2
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
I have an OEM roof rack and plan on purchasing a basket (not sure what brand yet). My intention though is not to place it on the roof but instead have a couple of cross bars fabricated to I can put it above the bed instead. There is a slight chance I might sell my roof rack but haven't decided. Anyways, when I get the basket, I can always lay it on the roof and check out the placement if you already haven't done so. Not sure how soon you plan on pulling the trigger. Let me know.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Albert, thanks for the response. I have no pulled the trigger yet, and I'm in no hurry. If you ever get a chance to place it on the OEM rack, please let me know how the fitment is. Better if you PM me, because this thread will probably die out.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
Brandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2W271,2MUNS, 2BW, 8AF (Enough Said)
Brandon H's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brandon H Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon H
Here you go:

My old setup. Worked great , but there was a lot of noise from the hi lift up there. Looked really cool though. This was a Yakima load warrior with extension. Fit good. I have also heard you can run the mega warrior but you have to botch the rear clamp to make it work with the OEM rack