Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

MDR Memorial Run Saturday 8/11/2012

Old 08-09-2012, 01:36 AM   #21
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
hmm...never been to one of these
well there has only been one
Old 08-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #22
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engage Offroad View Post
i dont think you need a camping permit, a fire permit is always a good thing, their free thr the BLM website aswell
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRoadie View Post
The last few times i've been out there I have camped and used a fire without a permit. Probably should have had the fire permit now that I know they exist. I was planning on camping saturday night to watch the meteor shower.

I usually find a site with a rock ring fire pit since they are abundant out there.
Awesome. I'll snag a fire permit and will just use some rocks for the ring. I'd rather carry as little as possible.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #23
jjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jjbsocal's Tacoma Gallery
I will be there.. See you all at the shop Saturday morning..

I might be down with an overnight with Greg and Jim.. let me think about it..
Old 08-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #24
SoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
SoCalRoadie's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having a hard time convincing the GF to camp out... I'll keep you posted.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #25
jjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjbsocal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No worries.. I'm still on the fence about it, though I would like to see the meteor shower.. Greg? Are you definitely staying the night?
Old 08-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #27
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Seems a tad hairy bein there alone at night or even durin the hot day. I imagine it's soft terrain out there since its mid summer. I guess I'll drive as far as I can go and where I get stuck is where I'll camp yeah but wheeling in unfamiliar territory alone is scary. I'll only camp if I know that someone else will be there for sure. was hoping to get a night under the stars but if not- o well.

Oh and a little interesting knowledge. Bessemer Mine rd is home to the oldest being on earth; the King Clone Creosote Bush is 11,700 years old.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #28
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be down to go but it's too hot and it's my great grandmas 104th bday
Old 08-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #29
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
What time is everyone meeting at for this prerun?
Old 08-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
Seems a tad hairy bein there alone at night or even durin the hot day. I imagine it's soft terrain out there since its mid summer. I guess I'll drive as far as I can go and where I get stuck is where I'll camp yeah but wheeling in unfamiliar territory alone is scary. I'll only camp if I know that someone else will be there for sure. was hoping to get a night under the stars but if not- o well.

Oh and a little interesting knowledge. Bessemer Mine rd is home to the oldest being on earth; the King Clone Creosote Bush is 11,700 years old.
Did not know that. Cool. As for staying the night, I cant. I have to be back on the Westside by 6pm..
Old 08-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #31
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Oh! Just found this little jem. Might have to roll out and do some campin!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #33
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't play with my feelings, RJ...
Old 08-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #34
Dezert Lovers Unite
Engage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Engage Marketing
Engage Offroad's Tacoma Gallery
weather up in the high dezert has been funky lately...hot and raining...its forcast to rain with thunderstorms sat. evening to night....so ge ready for all weather, and remember, flash floods do happen in the dezert, so make sure your always looking out for it if you see rain clouds in the distance....it does not have to rain where you are for their to be a flash flood
Old 08-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #35
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver taco View Post
I would be there, but I have to replace my body mount bushings. Take pics Mike.
i been working my cameras hard this week... i may have to give it a rest tomorrow until i can do some file backups on my laptop...

Old 08-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #36
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

i would camp out, but i have a gig on sunday...

camp out on the dry lake bed where there should be a bunch of others camped out...

just avoid wheeling alone at night...
Old 08-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #37
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
a lake bed doesnt sound like a safe place to camp if there might be flash floods? maybe find some higher ground
Old 08-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #39
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
What time is everyone meeting at for this prerun?
hey Will, if you are goin, i will be out there mapping chase routes and access roads...

hit me on race radio 153.110
Old 08-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #40
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:

2 weeks ago we drove the entire Bessemer mine road from highway 247 all the way to Interstate 40 in the middle of the week by ourselves, it was the opening kickoff to our mega 3 state road/wheeling vacation trip. it's a easy road to navigate and it's entire lenght is covered by a normal GPS. there are no parts of Bessemer mine road that can flood even if it rained hours on end. it's possible that the dry lake bed(named Soggy Dry Lake Bed lol) can accumulate an inch or two of standing water during a lenghty down pour but even then it's less likely that you will get stuck even with a 2wd truck.

keep in mind that this meteor storm is an annual event and that there will be many many people out there to observe the meteor shower so you wont be alone