Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

MDR Memorial Run Saturday 8/11/2012

Old 08-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
MDR Memorial Run Saturday 8/11/2012

Anybody else heading out?

I will be out with the Engage crew at Lucerne Valley for the 2 year anniversary of the big accident around noon on this coming Saturday.

While out there, we are looking to prerun the race course for next month's race...
Old 08-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan Blagg
desert guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post

I will be out with the Engage crew at Lucerne Valley for the 2 year anniversary of the big accident around noon on this coming Saturday.

While out there, we are looking to prerun the race course for next month's race...
Ill go if my trucks done
But that might be cutting it close
Old 08-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #3
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post

I'd love to come out and scope out the course with you guys but as always when I want to go play I actually get a paid side gig, anyone out on sunday?
Old 08-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
We'll be nearby for the meteor shower.. Won't be heading out until the evening though.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #6
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
We'll be nearby for the meteor shower.. Won't be heading out until the evening though.
hopefully we are still around... i suspect we may be...

we should be on race radio 153.110 that day...
Old 08-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #7
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
hmm...never been to one of these
Old 08-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #9
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
hmm...never been to one of these
i believe a grip of desert trucks cruise the race course from start/finish to rockpile then gather around for a moment of silence...

other than that, it's an interesting prerun on the race course and chase roads...
Old 08-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #10
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
I should be making an appearance this weekend; Wanna get my prerun on.
cool... you gonna meet at shop or at Lucerne?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #12
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
I'll be meeting ya'll in Lucerne. Just take 15 to 247 and get off on Bessemer Mine Road?
15n exit Bear Valley Road
turn right heading east on Bear Valley Road
right on hwy18
18 turns into 247 in Lucerne Valley
left on Bessemer Mine Road
Old 08-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #13
SoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
SoCalRoadie's Tacoma Gallery
I was already planning on being at Lucerne this weekend, who should I contact to get more info? Thanks!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #15
Dezert Lovers Unite
Engage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Engage Marketing
Engage Offroad's Tacoma Gallery
just so you guys understand, any gathering held out in lucern must need a permit now, we are not going out on a gathering, we are going out to "PreRun" for the Sept. 8th MORE/SNORE KC Mindight Special, we will be stoping by the accident site to pay our respects to the people lost and injured two years ago at the California 200 and then continue our "PreRun". BLM Does Monitor Off Road Web Sites for events and gatherings, so just want to clarify what our plans are, it will take roughly 4 hours to prerun race course, thats a 72 mile loop at average speeds of 18MPH, so we would like to start at noon-1pm so we can be done around 4-5pm then just hang out before we head home or stay a little later to watch the meteor shower as well, we will be on race frequency 153.110 and for you that have the live tracking we will have it up and running as well, see everyone out their for the "PreRun"....Engage
Old 08-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #16
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
I would be there if i was home and had my truck
Old 08-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #17
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engage Offroad View Post
just so you guys understand, any gathering held out in lucern must need a permit now, we are not going out on a gathering, we are going out to "PreRun" for the Sept. 8th MORE/SNORE KC Mindight Special, we will be stoping by the accident site to pay our respects to the people lost and injured two years ago at the California 200 and then continue our "PreRun". BLM Does Monitor Off Road Web Sites for events and gatherings, so just want to clarify what our plans are, it will take roughly 4 hours to prerun race course, thats a 72 mile loop at average speeds of 18MPH, so we would like to start at noon-1pm so we can be done around 4-5pm then just hang out before we head home or stay a little later to watch the meteor shower as well, we will be on race frequency 153.110 and for you that have the live tracking we will have it up and running as well, see everyone out their for the "PreRun"....Engage

oooooo So do I need a permit to camp??

O and I'm assuming we'll need a fire ring type o thing if we do camp? I've got a dryer drum on legs that I can bring.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #18
Dezert Lovers Unite
Engage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Engage Marketing
Engage Offroad's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think you need a camping permit, a fire permit is always a good thing, their free thr the BLM website aswell
Old 08-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #20
SoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
SoCalRoadie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oooooo So do I need a permit to camp??

O and I'm assuming we'll need a fire ring type o thing if we do camp? I've got a dryer drum on legs that I can bring.

The last few times i've been out there I have camped and used a fire without a permit. Probably should have had the fire permit now that I know they exist. I was planning on camping saturday night to watch the meteor shower.

I usually find a site with a rock ring fire pit since they are abundant out there.