Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Need Your Help in SOCAL!

Old 08-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #1
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manny
Location: San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch)
LilManny's Tacoma Gallery
Need Your Help in SOCAL!

Ok so here is the deal after years of having tons of local areas to ride and off-road in San Diego our last local trail/place has now been fenced off and has a no ohv sign My plan so far is to email the BLM and California OHV parks department.

But before I do here is the letter maybe you all can help me with it.

Also please let me know if you know anyone else who I should contact..

To whom it may concern,
Hello my name is Manuel Frutos and I am writing to you today in an effort to help preserve the local Southern California Off Highway Recreational activity lifestyle in which many of us have had the great opportunity to be raised in. I am a true born and raised Southern Californian who grew up in Chula Vista, Ca (just south of San Diego) and the fondest memories I have of my childhood are around a dirt bike or quad. As a kid I would anxiously wait for my dad to come home from work so that we could go out near the 905 freeway and ride dirt bikes and quads for a couple hours. As teenagers my friends and I would have our dirtbikes in the bed of our trucks at school and would anxiously await the final bell just so we could go out and ride our bikes, while many of our other classmates at the time would go out near a park and smoke marijuana, we were too busy riding to go with them. I saw multiple childhood friends have their battles with drugs, alcohol, and crime so I am happy I had an escape in the form of riding. Over the years the development of new homes in the area has forced the closure of all our riding 'spots" . While the past is done and we can no longer change the outcome of it or tear down a building so we can ride their again I am worried about the continued destruction and elimination of these areas.

Now as an adult I understand the importance of relaxing and trying to smply "get away " from the every day stressful wich we live in today, even if only for a couple of hours after work and as opposed to using alcohol as an escape, I enjoy riding my dirtbike. It's hard to explain to people what being on a bike can do for someone because it's a fun yet dangerous activity and most would say it's a worry. However, when you're on the bike and are focusing on the obstacle you are trying to conquer at the time, there is no worry bug in your head reminding you about work the next day, or what your girlfriend/wife is up to, or rent that needs to be paid, etc. the only thing you think about is what you are doing and you get to free your mind a bit. I think being able to do this is very important specially now days with so many people reaching dangerous stress levels and even up to the point where they commit horrendous acts of violence as a result of the stress/ state of mind they've ended up in.

The last place we had locally simply known to us as Harvest, was fenced off a month ago and there is now a "OHV activity prohibited" sign. If you look on google earth or maps and find the northeast corner of Harvest Road and La Media Road you will see OHV trails leading out there that go past the 125 highway which include after a couple of canyons that make their way over to eastlake. This area is not in use in any other way and up untill about a month ago was the last place for us to go withought having to drive an hour and a half away into tripple digit head to go ride. On any given afternoon year round last year you would find at least 15-20 people from yound children learning how to ride, to teenagers, to 55 year old ex baja champions who simply want to have a local place to ride some real terrain and not a man made track where only certain bikes can go onto at set times. On any given weekend you'll find families that come and get to gether to have a barbecue and ride or just come out to have something to do withough having to pay a fortune for admission to all. During the "non season" of areas like superstition mountain, ocotillo and Buttercup there is nowhere for all the families in San Diego county that enjoy the outdoors on a motorcycle to go. why close off all local areas? Why not make it a park and charge a vehicle admission as opposoed to outlawing it and doing away with it all together. I am confident the city and / or state can even turn a profit based on the location, the proximity to San Diego which is home to maybe the largest Off Road community in Southern California.

I have seen All of Otay Mesa, Proctor Valley, Otay Valley (main st.) be turned into business structures and holmes and while I understand the need for new developments I am worried that others will not have the same opportunities of escape we had and continue to use. I am willing to do whatever it takes to keep this land as a OHV recreational park. Please consider helping us keep this land and instruct me as to the what my next step should be.

thank you,
Manuel Frutos
Old 08-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
To whom it may concern,
Hello, my name is Manuel Frutos and I am writing to you today in an effort to help preserve the local Southern California Off Highway Recreational activity lifestyle in which many of us have had the great opportunity to be raised in. I am a true born and raised Southern Californian who grew up in Chula Vista, CA (just south of San Diego) and the fondest memories I have of my childhood are around a dirt bike or quad. As a kid I would anxiously wait for my dad to come home from work so that we could go out near the 905 freeway and ride dirt bikes and quads for a couple hours. As teenagers, my friends and I would have our dirtbikes in the bed of our trucks at school and would anxiously await the final bell just so we could go out and ride our bikes. Meanwhile, many of our other classmates at the time would go out near a park and smoke marijuana. We were too busy riding to go with them. I saw multiple childhood friends have their battles with drugs, alcohol, and crime so I am happy I had an escape in the form of riding. Over the years the development of new homes in the area has forced the closure of all our riding 'spots". While the past is done and we can no longer change the outcome of it or tear down a building so we can ride there again, I am worried about the continued destruction and elimination of these areas.

Now as an adult I understand the importance of relaxing and trying to simply "get away" from the every day, stressful lives(?) which we live in today, even if only for a couple of hours after work and as opposed to using alcohol as an escape, I enjoy riding my dirtbike. It's hard to explain to people what being on a bike can do for someone because it's a fun yet dangerous activity and most would say it's a worry. However, when you're on the bike and are focusing on the obstacle you are trying to conquer at the time, there is no worry bug in your head reminding you about work the next day, or what your girlfriend/wife is up to, or rent that needs to be paid, etc. the only thing you think about is what you are doing and you get to free your mind a bit. I think being able to do this is very important, especially nowadays with so many people reaching dangerous stress levels and even up to the point where they commit horrendous acts of violence as a result of the stress/state of mind they've ended up in.

The last place we had locally was simply known to us as "Harvest", was fenced off a month ago and there is now an "OHV activity prohibited" sign. If you look on google earth or maps and find the northeast corner of Harvest Road and La Media Road you will see OHV trails leading out there that go past Highway 125 which include a couple of canyons that make their way over to Eastlake. This area is not in use in any other way and up untill about a month ago was the last place for us to go without having to drive an hour and a half away into triple digit heat to go ride. On any given afternoon year round last year you would find at least 15-20 people from young children learning how to ride, to teenagers, to 55 year old ex Baja champions who simply want to have a local place to ride some real terrain and not a man made track where only certain bikes can go onto at set times. On any given weekend you'll find families that come and get to gether to have a barbecue and ride or just come out to have something to do withough having to pay a fortune for admission to all. During the "non season" of areas like Superstition Mountain, Ocotillo and Buttercup there is nowhere for all the families in San Diego County that enjoy the outdoors on a motorcycle to go. Why close off all of the local areas? Why not make it a park and charge a vehicle admission as opposed to outlawing it and doing away with it all together? I am confident the city and/or state can even turn a profit based on the location, the proximity to San Diego, which is home, to maybe the largest off road community in Southern California.

I have seen all of Otay Mesa, Proctor Valley, Otay Valley (Main St.) be turned into business structures and homes, and while I understand the need for new developments I am worried that others will not have the same opportunities of escape we had and continue to use. I am willing to do whatever it takes to keep this land as an OHV recreational park. Please consider helping us keep this land and instruct me as to the what my next step should be.

Thank you,
Manuel Frutos

Nicely done Manny! I just fixed some spelling and grammatical errors you had.

Good luck with your fight.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
The only error that got to me was "triple digit head..." instead of triple digit heat.

But well written bud, good luck. We'll have no places to off road in about 20 years.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Haha yeah I was rereading it right now and found most of those. Guess I forgot to spell check it! Thanks guys!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
The only error that got to me was "triple digit head..." instead of triple digit heat.

But well written bud, good luck. We'll have no places to off road in about 20 years.

I didn't notice the "head".
Old 08-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
The first thing to do before sending that letter is to research the ownership of the land.

If it is not BLM, then BLM can and will do nothing.
It might be state.
It might be private property.

Tried looking it up on Geocommunicator, and the first thing that will cause your letter to be ignored is the location description.
There is no intersection of Harvest & La Media. Those roads both run north/south, Harvest east of 125 and LaMedia along the airport property.

http://www.geocommunicator.gov/blmMap/MapSiteMapper.jsp

According to this, there is no BLM land until you get quite a ways east of the prison (yellow squares).
The area is likely private property, and most likely, a new owner has fenced it off, or the previous owner was named in a lawsuit, or is tired of the trash that some people leave behind.

Attached Thumbnails
Need Your Help in SOCAL!-sdblm.jpg  
Old 08-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #7

My dad works at that prison!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #8
socaltaco

Ok It looks like its actually harvest rd and lone star road not sure why google shows lone star as la media
Old 08-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #9
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
I am an outlaw biker due to current constraints, I feel you and I ride every week, unfortunately most spots I go to are considered illegal, just due to the green/red sticker restrictions.

The areas we do have are quickly shrinking and will continue to do so despite our best efforts, I have written so many letters, called so many politicians and everything I have done seems to be an effort in vain and fell on deaf ears...all the politicians care about is lining their own pockets and feeding thier own personal agendas.

Please do write this letter, cant hurt. I am just so frustrated with this situation since I feel as though I cannot make a difference as I have tried in the past with no progress to date.

The world is going in the wrong direction and its just sad, people that are trying to have fun are criminalized, guess we should just take up hiking, pfft, yeah right..

I better stop writing before I start ranting too bad, bad enough already!

GGGGRRRRRRAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna hit my speedbag for a while now, just got all worked up!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilManny View Post
Ok It looks like its actually harvest rd and lone star road not sure why google shows lone star as la media
Either way, BLM does not have any authority over that area.

Looks to be either unincorporated county or private property.
What is posted on the signs other than "No OHV"? Does it indicate "Private property, no trespassing" or any other ownership indication?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
socaltaco

I'm gonna take a ride out there Friday morning to see what else it says or if anyone nearby knows anything else... Thanks guys! Jason I know of all people you share my frustration.. Sucks man I used to go at least once a week after work or on my day off I meant shit it was only 20min away
Old 08-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #12
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilManny View Post
Ok so here is the deal after years of having tons of local areas to ride and off-road in San Diego our last local trail/place has now been fenced off and has a no ohv sign My plan so far is to email the BLM and California OHV parks department.

But before I do here is the letter maybe you all can help me with it.

Also please let me know if you know anyone else who I should contact..

To whom it may concern,
Hello my name is Manuel Frutos and I am writing to you today in an effort to help preserve the local Southern California Off Highway Recreational activity lifestyle in which many of us have had the great opportunity to be raised in. I am a true born and raised Southern Californian who grew up in Chula Vista, Ca (just south of San Diego) and the fondest memories I have of my childhood are around a dirt bike or quad. As a kid I would anxiously wait for my dad to come home from work so that we could go out near the 905 freeway and ride dirt bikes and quads for a couple hours. As teenagers my friends and I would have our dirtbikes in the bed of our trucks at school and would anxiously await the final bell just so we could go out and ride our bikes, while many of our other classmates at the time would go out near a park and smoke marijuana, we were too busy riding to go with them. I saw multiple childhood friends have their battles with drugs, alcohol, and crime so I am happy I had an escape in the form of riding. Over the years the development of new homes in the area has forced the closure of all our riding 'spots" . While the past is done and we can no longer change the outcome of it or tear down a building so we can ride their again I am worried about the continued destruction and elimination of these areas.

Now as an adult I understand the importance of relaxing and trying to smply "get away " from the every day stressful wich we live in today, even if only for a couple of hours after work and as opposed to using alcohol as an escape, I enjoy riding my dirtbike. It's hard to explain to people what being on a bike can do for someone because it's a fun yet dangerous activity and most would say it's a worry. However, when you're on the bike and are focusing on the obstacle you are trying to conquer at the time, there is no worry bug in your head reminding you about work the next day, or what your girlfriend/wife is up to, or rent that needs to be paid, etc. the only thing you think about is what you are doing and you get to free your mind a bit. I think being able to do this is very important specially now days with so many people reaching dangerous stress levels and even up to the point where they commit horrendous acts of violence as a result of the stress/ state of mind they've ended up in.

The last place we had locally simply known to us as Harvest, was fenced off a month ago and there is now a "OHV activity prohibited" sign. If you look on google earth or maps and find the northeast corner of Harvest Road and La Media Road you will see OHV trails leading out there that go past the 125 highway which include after a couple of canyons that make their way over to eastlake. This area is not in use in any other way and up untill about a month ago was the last place for us to go withought having to drive an hour and a half away into tripple digit head to go ride. On any given afternoon year round last year you would find at least 15-20 people from yound children learning how to ride, to teenagers, to 55 year old ex baja champions who simply want to have a local place to ride some real terrain and not a man made track where only certain bikes can go onto at set times. On any given weekend you'll find families that come and get to gether to have a barbecue and ride or just come out to have something to do withough having to pay a fortune for admission to all. During the "non season" of areas like superstition mountain, ocotillo and Buttercup there is nowhere for all the families in San Diego county that enjoy the outdoors on a motorcycle to go. why close off all local areas? Why not make it a park and charge a vehicle admission as opposoed to outlawing it and doing away with it all together. I am confident the city and / or state can even turn a profit based on the location, the proximity to San Diego which is home to maybe the largest Off Road community in Southern California.

I have seen All of Otay Mesa, Proctor Valley, Otay Valley (main st.) be turned into business structures and holmes and while I understand the need for new developments I am worried that others will not have the same opportunities of escape we had and continue to use. I am willing to do whatever it takes to keep this land as a OHV recreational park. Please consider helping us keep this land and instruct me as to the what my next step should be.

thank you,
Manuel Frutos
Very well put Manny, props to you buddy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
To whom it may concern,
Hello, my name is Manuel Frutos and I am writing to you today in an effort to help preserve the local Southern California Off Highway Recreational activity lifestyle in which many of us have had the great opportunity to be raised in. I am a true born and raised Southern Californian who grew up in Chula Vista, CA (just south of San Diego) and the fondest memories I have of my childhood are around a dirt bike or quad. As a kid I would anxiously wait for my dad to come home from work so that we could go out near the 905 freeway and ride dirt bikes and quads for a couple hours. As teenagers, my friends and I would have our dirtbikes in the bed of our trucks at school and would anxiously await the final bell just so we could go out and ride our bikes. Meanwhile, many of our other classmates at the time would go out near a park and smoke marijuana. We were too busy riding to go with them. I saw multiple childhood friends have their battles with drugs, alcohol, and crime so I am happy I had an escape in the form of riding. Over the years the development of new homes in the area has forced the closure of all our riding 'spots". While the past is done and we can no longer change the outcome of it or tear down a building so we can ride there again, I am worried about the continued destruction and elimination of these areas.

Now as an adult I understand the importance of relaxing and trying to simply "get away" from the every day, stressful lives(?) which we live in today, even if only for a couple of hours after work and as opposed to using alcohol as an escape, I enjoy riding my dirtbike. It's hard to explain to people what being on a bike can do for someone because it's a fun yet dangerous activity and most would say it's a worry. However, when you're on the bike and are focusing on the obstacle you are trying to conquer at the time, there is no worry bug in your head reminding you about work the next day, or what your girlfriend/wife is up to, or rent that needs to be paid, etc. the only thing you think about is what you are doing and you get to free your mind a bit. I think being able to do this is very important, especially nowadays with so many people reaching dangerous stress levels and even up to the point where they commit horrendous acts of violence as a result of the stress/state of mind they've ended up in.

The last place we had locally was simply known to us as "Harvest", was fenced off a month ago and there is now an "OHV activity prohibited" sign. If you look on google earth or maps and find the northeast corner of Harvest Road and La Media Road you will see OHV trails leading out there that go past Highway 125 which include a couple of canyons that make their way over to Eastlake. This area is not in use in any other way and up untill about a month ago was the last place for us to go without having to drive an hour and a half away into triple digit heat to go ride. On any given afternoon year round last year you would find at least 15-20 people from young children learning how to ride, to teenagers, to 55 year old ex Baja champions who simply want to have a local place to ride some real terrain and not a man made track where only certain bikes can go onto at set times. On any given weekend you'll find families that come and get to gether to have a barbecue and ride or just come out to have something to do withough having to pay a fortune for admission to all. During the "non season" of areas like Superstition Mountain, Ocotillo and Buttercup there is nowhere for all the families in San Diego County that enjoy the outdoors on a motorcycle to go. Why close off all of the local areas? Why not make it a park and charge a vehicle admission as opposed to outlawing it and doing away with it all together? I am confident the city and/or state can even turn a profit based on the location, the proximity to San Diego, which is home, to maybe the largest off road community in Southern California.

I have seen all of Otay Mesa, Proctor Valley, Otay Valley (Main St.) be turned into business structures and homes, and while I understand the need for new developments I am worried that others will not have the same opportunities of escape we had and continue to use. I am willing to do whatever it takes to keep this land as an OHV recreational park. Please consider helping us keep this land and instruct me as to the what my next step should be.

Thank you,
Manuel Frutos

Nicely done Manny! I just fixed some spelling and grammatical errors you had.

Good luck with your fight.
Good looking out Derek.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post

I'd love me some triple digit head !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
I am an outlaw biker due to current constraints, I feel you and I ride every week, unfortunately most spots I go to are considered illegal, just due to the green/red sticker restrictions.

The areas we do have are quickly shrinking and will continue to do so despite our best efforts, I have written so many letters, called so many politicians and everything I have done seems to be an effort in vain and fell on deaf ears...all the politicians care about is lining their own pockets and feeding thier own personal agendas.

Please do write this letter, cant hurt. I am just so frustrated with this situation since I feel as though I cannot make a difference as I have tried in the past with no progress to date.

The world is going in the wrong direction and its just sad, people that are trying to have fun are criminalized, guess we should just take up hiking, pfft, yeah right..

I better stop writing before I start ranting too bad, bad enough already!

GGGGRRRRRRAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna hit my speedbag for a while now, just got all worked up!
Lol, fucking jason haha...go get'em killer...

But I totally get what you mean, first green sticker BS was in early-mid 70's
Old 08-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #14
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Also check out this place very proactive http://www.sdorc.org/

Oh good ole California...Article linked on their website.
http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/20/464...r-resigns.html
Old 08-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #15
nschmittsd is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Nick
nschmittsd's Tacoma Gallery
I go out there all the time in my truck no one says anything. i even see border patrol guys cruising around all they do is wave. the easiest place to go is at the end of birch road here in chulavista. no one will bug you. I literally go almost every weekend.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #16
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
I'll write my letter, Manny. Am I just contacting our congressman? The more we let this happen, the more they'll close down. It's like they want to make it so that we HAVE to use the city for fun and PAY for it all. Fuck the city- I'm all about the countrysides and deserts.

They're planning on closing Lucerne Valley as well. If they take that, they'll take Ocotillo Wells next. Don't let them.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #18
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
And this just enraged me...

yup, some of that money sure could have helped fix up and or better maintain the Desert parks.

Likewise, we all need to make some phone calls about the upcoming vote on another Desert OHV area
Old 08-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #19
TRD: Trail Ready Development
Gregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregero is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Gregero's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
yup, some of that money sure could have helped fix up and or better maintain the Desert parks.

Likewise, we all need to make some phone calls about the upcoming vote on another Desert OHV area
I like the part at the end of the article "Laird said the discovered funds are "one-time" money and it will be up to the Legislature to decide how to use it."

Ummm... Put it back into what it was going to be used for...?
Old 08-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #20
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregero View Post
I like the part at the end of the article "Laird said the discovered funds are "one-time" money and it will be up to the Legislature to decide how to use it."

Ummm... Put it back into what it was going to be used for...?

Ya like any politician would do that....ROFL..Especially this state