Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Installing my CB today, wanna earn a six pack?

Old 08-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #21
SFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud of

Name: Brett C
SFSMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleSnake44 View Post
I understood "antennae"... I appreciate the help, but this is going way into detail that as a simple CB user I don't really need... I want to be able to chat with friends on the trail, not to ask some kid in Tokyo what the weather is like there. Thanks for all the help but please keep it in simple terms (I've been hit in the head a few times).
Subscribed as I will be doing this shortly and I can vouch he's been hit in the head to many times.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #22
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevAdam View Post
All antennas are dipole antennas.

And the coil gets smaller as frequency goes up, eg. 10 meters.

How are all antennas dipole antennas?
Old 08-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #23
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
You have a radiator side and a reflector side to every antenna.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #24
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevAdam View Post
You have a radiator side and a reflector side to every antenna.
So by reflector I am assuming your including that to be either a ground plane or counterpoise?
Old 08-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #25
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ski4life7 View Post
So by reflector I am assuming your including that to be either a ground plane or counterpoise?
Right. Trying to simplify it to it's base parts.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #26
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
South bay? As in San Diego? If so I could lend a hand. If not, I at least have an swr meter you can borrow.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #27
RattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RattleSnake44's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
South bay? As in San Diego? If so I could lend a hand. If not, I at least have an swr meter you can borrow.
Many thanks, but I meant SouthBay Los Angeles, I keep forgetting there's other bays in CA. Some NorCal people said the same thing.
I got it all hooked up and just hit "Buy now with one click" on Amazon for my own SWR meter So as soon as that arrives I'm going to try tuning it myself.
Here's a quick pic of where I put the CB
Installing my CB today, wanna earn a six pack?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1345130211.962094.jpg
Old 08-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #28
SFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud ofSFSMedic has much to be proud of

Good I can use your meter!
Old 08-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #29
RattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRattleSnake44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSMedic View Post
No. No you can't :P
Old 08-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #30
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
No. No you can't :P
LOL. That's why you don't tell others you have a meter. Everyone wants to borrow it. I'm sure Brett (SFSMedic) knew that, which is why he jokingly asked. Regardless, I made that mistake (telling others) and have lost several (scratched, broken, never returned, etc). I now keep a really, really, cheap one to loan out, keeping my expensive meter well hidden.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #31
Impressive Member

RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
esp. if you have an analyzer instead of a swr meter....
Old 08-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
LOL. That's why you don't tell others you have a meter. Everyone wants to borrow it. I'm sure Brett (SFSMedic) knew that, which is why he jokingly asked. Regardless, I made that mistake (telling others) and have lost several (scratched, broken, never returned, etc). I now keep a really, really, cheap one to loan out, keeping my expensive meter well hidden.
With as much of his stuff in my garage and all the work on his rifle ive done he can let me use it or I may be selling a newly smithed rifle cheap lol.

Offers?

Seriously though with antennae placement on a DC I understand optimum mounting is the roof as its the highest point but it not really an option for me. What are other good options?
Old 08-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #33
Av8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
With as much of his stuff in my garage and all the work on his rifle ive done he can let me use it or I may be selling a newly smithed rifle cheap lol.

Offers?

Seriously though with antennae placement on a DC I understand optimum mounting is the roof as its the highest point but it not really an option for me. What are other good options?
I'm with you on this one, would rather not mount on roof. Somewhere aft of cab in/on my longbed would be ideal. Thinking firestik mounted back there somewhere.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #34

Damn you! I forgot you still have my 6.8 in your safe. Fine, I'll help you install and tune your damn CB . I'm gonna use Firestik's door jamb mount and put my antenna on the tailgate support. I'll let you know how it tunes up.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #35

Cool. I'll look into these firestiks
Old 08-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #36
Av8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn you! I forgot you still have my 6.8 in your safe. Fine, I'll help you install and tune your damn CB . I'm gonna use Firestik's door jamb mount and put my antenna on the tailgate support. I'll let you know how it tunes up.
Please post pics when done. Tks!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #37
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Meters.....

Old 08-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #38
Tlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant future

Name: Trey
Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
where did you end up wiring your radio through?
Old 08-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #39
Impressive Member

RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Meters.....

Your antenna is a little short isn't it? :P

I have one of those, I want to swap out the freq dial for the newer style that's on the 266 though.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlook View Post
where did you end up wiring your radio through?
I ran the wires through the center console, under the driver side carpet to the grommet through the fire wall into the engine bay. I'll post pics when I get the antenna all wired up and installed.