Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Missing Hunter Please help

Old 08-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manny
Location: San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch)
LilManny's Tacoma Gallery
Missing Hunter Please help

Hey guys saw this posted on race dezert figured someone on here might be able to help find this guy..

Please get this information out

I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but my father is an avid hunter and outdoorsman in the Barstow, CA area. He went coyote hunting TUE around 1030am and has not been seen or heard from since then. My family and I are desperately trying to find anyone who may have seen his truck so the PD will know where to search. I am contacting everyone I know in CA and any hunting enthusiasts I can reach for your help.
Dad drives a black 4-door 2008 Toyota Tacoma with a California Disabled Person license plate number 9535SDP and could be in any of the following areas of southern CA: Box Canyon, Ord Mountain or Cane Wash near Fort Cady Road. He might also be in the Black Mountain area. If you know of anyone living in CA, please feel free to crosspost.
If this site allows links, here is a link to the news articles in the Desert Dispatch.

http://www.desertdispatch.com/news/p...h-barstow.html

Thanks for any help you can provide or any suggestions or whO I might be able to contact or assistance finding my dad.
Shawn

http://www.predatorwild.com/topic/13...or-assistance/
Old 08-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Manny the link shows nothing bud
Old 08-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Hope he's ok , although with the heat , it doesn't look good, fuck he couda just walked out my door if he wanted to clip a couple of coyotes... people gotta learn this heat is no joke ... young or old....
Old 08-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
oh that's sad... you always hear about these stories when it's folks who go out in the dez alone...

although i am guilty of going out alone too...

now, i have an app on my phone that let's my family GPS track my cell phone live...
Old 08-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
oh that's sad... you always hear about these stories when it's folks who go out in the dez alone...

now, i have an app on my phone that let's my family GPS track my cell phone live...
what app is it?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I can't do much from here, but prayers sent. Hopefully he can be found soon and ok.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #8
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
what app is it?
instamapper.com

you create an account, then you register your cell phone number and it gives you an activation code for your cell...

then you download the app from Droid Market or iTunes for iphones, and when you do that, you activate it on your phone with the activation code and it links your cell phone to your account...

then your family can log onto instamapper and use their map to track you...

Jeff aka jjbsocal found that for the Engage race truck as it sends out your location every 5 to 8 seconds so long as the cell phone is within cell service...
Old 08-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #9
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
nice. I'll check it out. thanks!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #10
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
there's always....HOPE.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #11
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
instamapper.com

you create an account, then you register your cell phone number and it gives you an activation code for your cell...

then you download the app from Droid Market or iTunes for iphones, and when you do that, you activate it on your phone with the activation code and it links your cell phone to your account...

Jeff aka jjbsocal found that for the Engage race truck as it sends out your location every 5 to 8 seconds so long as the cell phone is within cell service...
that app works great! we were tracking the engage truck on instamapper during it's last race. a very helpfull tool for us while we were one of the chase trucks for that weekend. i think i'm going to try this app out for myself since im realizing that jasmine and i are going out solo more often and usually at a moments notice..
Old 08-17-2012, 02:58 AM   #12
00taco00 is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Reagan
00taco00's Tacoma Gallery
I heard the search for him ended since they didnt have any more info on wer he could be.

Quote:
instamapper.com

Sounds pretty handy
Is it free?
Old 08-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #13
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manny
Location: San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch)
LilManny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

If you allow through your settings I cloud has a find my iPhone function. You just go on the iCloud website log in and hit find my iPhone.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #14
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00taco00 View Post
I heard the search for him ended since they didnt have any more info on wer he could be.

Sounds pretty handy
Is it free?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilManny View Post
If you allow through your settings I cloud has a find my iPhone function. You just go on the iCloud website log in and hit find my iPhone.
yes, it's free...

iPhones have all the fun...

since most of our team is on Droid, instamapper has worked great for us...
Old 08-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #15
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes, it's free...

iPhones have all the fun...

since most of our team is on Droid, instamapper has worked great for us...

Speaking of droids hows it going mike ??...

truck is up & running , coming to a desert or trail near you soon...
Old 08-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously guys... Woth modern technology there is no excuse for tragic events like this to happen.

http://www.findmespot.com/en/

EVERYONE who goes out alone or in small groups should have something like this.
Even if you're on the road... just taking a motorcycle trip is so much nicer when you can relax knowing that friends and family can know your location.

You don't have to use it as an automated tracking device, you can set "check in" times when you manually shoot a location, so your wife/boss doesn't see your detour through Pahrump when you cruise through Vegas.... and the units have "panic" mode that will shoot out a virtual 911 call that I believe you can configure to send email and text alerts to specific individuals.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #17
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Seriously guys... Woth modern technology there is no excuse for tragic events like this to happen.

Even if you're on the road... just taking a motorcycle trip is so much nicer when you can relax knowing that friends and family can know your location.

You don't have to use it as an automated tracking device, you can set "check in" times when you manually shoot a location, so your wife/boss doesn't see your detour through Pahrump when you cruise through Vegas.... and the units have "panic" mode that will shoot out a virtual 911 call that I believe you can configure to send email and text alerts to specific individuals.
gonna have to check this out

Old 08-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #18

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post

You need to purchase the SPOT device and they have a monthly fee, right?
Old 08-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #19
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
We have the spot on board our class 11 depending on the race, its good to know that ot is there!
Hope they find this guy, sad story!
Old 08-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #20
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
SPOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
You need to purchase the SPOT device and they have a monthly fee, right?
You purchase the SPOT then you select which plans you want.

I have had SPOT for about 3 years and take it with me everywhere. Worked great in Baja to Cabo and back, never without a signal. I also purchased the optional SAR insurance and the medical evacuation insurance.

Don't leave home without it.....help is only a button push away!!!!!