Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Moving to San Diego, Housing recommendations?

Old 08-21-2012, 04:57 AM   #1
WahooTaco
gov875 is a jewel in the roughgov875 is a jewel in the roughgov875 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
gov875's Tacoma Gallery
Moving to San Diego, Housing recommendations?

So i'm moving from MD to San Diego in the next 4 weeks and it'll be me and my 3 year old Chocolate lab. I'm 25 and looking for a good place to live that'll have me within 25 min commute to Coronado where i'll be working. Anyone got any recommendations for me? I'm thinking pacific beach right now but i'm having a hard time finding somewhere that's 85lb dog friendly from across the country. any help is appreciated!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
socaltaco
LilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shedLilManny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Manny
Location: San Diego, CALIFORNIA. (Rancho del Rey/ otay ranch)
LilManny's Tacoma Gallery
Biggest worry here as far as rent goes is $$ SD can be very expensive place to live.. What's your budget like?
Old 08-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
undecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Adam
undecided's Tacoma Gallery
I was having the same problem, especially in the PB area. I was lucky enough to find one thay accepted my german shepard/rottie after 2 months of searching.

It sounds like the beach is your prefered area but the fartest north I would look is Tiresanta. The farthest east woyld most likely be college area/ Del Cerro (Near SDSU ). Some other areas by the beach or bay is Ocean Beach (OB), Point Loma, or Mission Beach

You are going to be here at a good time. Because there are a lot of seasonal summer rentals at the beach that do 9 month rentals (sept-may), you may be able to find one to cover you for now. After you get somewhat setteled you can look for a more permanant place to look.

I hope these options are helpful. If you need any help or have any questions, just ask
Old 08-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gov875 View Post
within 25 min commute
One of the reasons we left Sandy Eggo is there are no 25 min commutes!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
WahooTaco
gov875 is a jewel in the roughgov875 is a jewel in the roughgov875 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
gov875's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided View Post
I was having the same problem, especially in the PB area. I was lucky enough to find one thay accepted my german shepard/rottie after 2 months of searching.

It sounds like the beach is your prefered area but the fartest north I would look is Tiresanta. The farthest east woyld most likely be college area/ Del Cerro (Near SDSU ). Some other areas by the beach or bay is Ocean Beach (OB), Point Loma, or Mission Beach

You are going to be here at a good time. Because there are a lot of seasonal summer rentals at the beach that do 9 month rentals (sept-may), you may be able to find one to cover you for now. After you get somewhat setteled you can look for a more permanant place to look.

I hope these options are helpful. If you need any help or have any questions, just ask
Thanks! I'm looking at trying to find a shorter term lease if possible for exactly that reason. Want to be near the water for the dog and the fact that i live on the chesapeake bay right now, can't give up water entirely if moving to SD. I'm gonna keep checking craigslist for those places you mentioned and see. Looks like the dog and being too far away to check it out in person are my two major obstacles right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
One of the reasons we left Sandy Eggo is there are no 25 min commutes!
haha well a guy can hope. last time i was out there i worked on coronado and lived there so i had it way too easy. willing to commute longer, beats the hell outa MD
Old 08-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gov875 View Post
So i'm moving from MD to San Diego in the next 4 weeks and it'll be me and my 3 year old Chocolate lab. I'm 25 and looking for a good place to live that'll have me within 25 min commute to Coronado where i'll be working. Anyone got any recommendations for me? I'm thinking pacific beach right now but i'm having a hard time finding somewhere that's 85lb dog friendly from across the country. any help is appreciated!
Studio for $800. Pretty close to the beach.
http://www.leaseinsandiego.com/search/details/132710534

They have a 4 month lease available so you can check out the area and see if it suits you. It's on Garnet Ave.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the Euclid and Imperial area .
Old 08-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #11
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Check out the Euclid and Imperial area .
At least put a smiley face so he knows you're kidding.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #12
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah my bad =)
Old 09-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #14
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck OP. My advice is to find a place as close as possible to your work. 15 minutes is ideal, that's what I do. Pacific Beach is cool... but can be a traffic trap as it's difficult to get in and out. Housing is expen$ive here, no way around it.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #15
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Good luck OP. My advice is to find a place as close as possible to your work. 15 minutes is ideal, that's what I do. Pacific Beach is cool... but can be a traffic trap as it's difficult to get in and out. Housing is expen$ive here, no way around it.
Ill second the PB traffic. I work down here and it blows.

I am a fan of East County. Live in Santee looking to buy in Lakeside. Depending on time of day commute to Coronado could be 20-30 minutes once you figure best route for your time of day.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #17
pbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Colton
pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
I grew up and now have my own place in PB. I really like NORTH PB. Can't emphasize that enough. NORTH PB.

1200 has my girlfriend and I in a 1 bedroom small 4 unit 1 story complex with a garage.

If you would like any more details, feel free to ask or PM me.

Colton
Old 09-21-2012, 03:34 AM   #19
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
all you san diegans....im super jealous despite all the trash talk about cali, ive always wanted to live there! next time i go, im hittin all you up for a place to crash