1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Baja run...for those who are down

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Marioso, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Jan 14, 2009 at 7:21 PM
    Marioso

Marioso [OP] Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    for months ive been talking about a baja run nothing too far just to test the waters, me and my brother have done some trailing in the backroads of rosarito and its good trailing...its not too far id say like 45 minute drive and my brother knows it pretty well...

for those who are interested lets talk and plan something...nothign too big because im sure alot of you are scared to go right now. from experience and the fact i go downthere almost every weekend, its pretty safe and there are certain things people shouldnt do down there

2. Jan 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
    As long as you guys stop at the "Los tacos perrones"....:D lol

3. Jan 14, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    Marioso

Marioso [OP] Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    haha thats FORSURE there and for those who are down puerto nuevo

4. Jan 15, 2009 at 12:09 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Give me more details and I might be in. :D

5. Jan 15, 2009 at 9:18 PM
    Marioso

Marioso [OP] Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    well im thinking probably one day head out in the morning early...be there by who knows 10 or 11 mess around and then take off before sundown because after sundown the backroads r pitch dark...you do not want to be out there when its nights...nothing dangerous its just really lonely and dark. im thinking a small group rosaritos like half hour from san ysidro...when we went it was pretty easy we could probably just look for shit to do its really open and full of ranches...theres a ranch where u pay 5 dollars a truck and u can do whatever u want there also theres a track that my uncles wifes family owns if anyone were to bring bikes or whatever

6. Jan 17, 2009 at 10:35 AM
    Marioso

Marioso [OP] Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    u foos aint down or whatttttt

7. Feb 21, 2009 at 8:44 AM
    BAJAJAC

BAJAJAC Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TACOMA 4X4
    Bajajac here. I am really down w/and in Baja!!
    We have a home 36 miles [[klick 45.5] below San Felipe. Have been there for 24 years. I have raced the Baja 1000, 500, San Felipe 250 [March 13, 14, & 15th.] also w/Baja Promotions for 4 years.

Getting to the point as to personal safety! I would not use the back roads of Rosarito if you gave me the whole damn peninsula! There is "S" going on in them thar hills that you do not want to slide into! Over 50 headless bodies discovered there in the not to distant past!! As to minding your own business will keep you safe that is BS. If you come upon a little groupo of Cartel members delivering the weekly body dump they will not say hola and just let you drive by!!

But on the Gulf side below Mexicali it is as safe or safer then in the So. Ca. Desert. This area has some of the most interesting terrain that us Taco pushers would ever see. A place called Moon Beach" [not on the beach] on the North end of the Laguna Salada [just West & East of Mexicali that you will not see anywhere else on earth.
    I can step out of my front door and drive up and down 70 miles of beach. Tell me where [not even Pismo] can you do that.

I will be down for the SF 250 March 13th. with a bunch of Off Roaders somewhere out on the course or pitting. I can just taste the cold TECATE NOW!

If any of you guys/gals want to go to Baja ask me about where and when and I will help you with the info!

Thanks for this So Ca. Forum, just found it.
    Be safe and get out there full of sand!

8. Feb 22, 2009 at 8:55 PM
    Marioso

Marioso [OP] Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    im in rosarito every other weekend im pretty sure its safe...plus everyone who has been dying has had ties to one of the sides fighting over the tijuana plaza...and no "cartel members" are going to be dumping any bodies in broad daylight where there are pit stops, ranches, and all terrain vehicles going through constantly throughout the weekends. mexicalis is a safe zone for those associated with any group but soon mexicalis gonna be as worst as tj rosarito and ensenada pretty soon

9. Feb 22, 2009 at 9:56 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    no thanks to rosariti, tj, I would skip all that and go to bahia de los angeles, that is the best spot for trail, bikes fishing and beer and food.

10. Feb 23, 2009 at 5:01 PM
    Marioso

Marioso [OP] Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    yeah spots liek those r cool but tj and rosa is so close

Products Discussed in

To Top