Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Extreme left rear wheel well damage

Old 10-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #1
dsignpro is on a distinguished road
dsignpro's Tacoma Gallery
Extreme left rear wheel well damage

I had the misfortune of a bad tire de-treading and severely damaging much of the inside of the rear left wheel well. For instance, the inner wheel well cover is gone, brackets, mud flap, braces, gas tank filler housing just under the gas fill door, truck bed open storage box, etc. Any suggestions on a parts diagram to aid in a search for all the replacements I'll need to repair this? The fender near the back of the wheel housing was completely mangled up into itself. I'd like to see what I can to do estimate the cost of this repair and do as much as I can, or turn it into my insurance company. I'm particularly interested in finding a diagram with parts list for this area of the tacoma and any suggestions for a vendor to supply the necessary parts.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Thanks steve103. I already found that and it doesn't get into the areas I need. I wonder if there's a chilton's manual or something that show's a complete breakdown of the truck, short of walking into a Toyota dealer to request all the part numbers.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
diesel30 is on a distinguished road

diesel30's Tacoma Gallery
search camelback toyota on here. you can ask the parts guy any questions and he'll give you quotes on parts shipped to you. Quick responses and very reasonable prices.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel30 View Post
search camelback toyota on here. you can ask the parts guy any questions and he'll give you quotes on parts shipped to you. Quick responses and very reasonable prices.
Thanks diesel, that's the ticket. As I might need the whole quarter panel, I might also try a junkyard. But these guys have everything I need, from what I can tell after calling them and looking over their diagrams. Thanks!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
www.Toyodiy.com has expanded views of the entire truck.
Check under this category 65-54: REAR BODY SIDE PANEL
Old 10-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #7
RAD@RECHELON/AESTHETICS
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RAD
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
The cosmetics are easy to get as most guys tend to just go and get new glass.

Try looking for the easy repairs to take care of that.

The important stuff is where you want to spend your money
Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
Does anyone know of repair manual available that shows how to remove the left rear fender and all the internal components back there?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #10
I'm struggling with a deported wife and I frequently drive to Tijuana to visit her. Tried to save a few dollars and bought some used tires there. Damn thing just released it's tread, and I don't think they were re-treads at all. It was a 'General' tire. It actually held air to get back home with the cords exposed. Truck's messed up bad. Surprised it didn't blow up with the gas fill pipe in the vicinitiy and all the scraped bend metal. All this happened on the way to drop by my hospital suite to see how I was after crushing my knee on the freeway in a motorcycle accident. Life's hard this week.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
Sandman614, I think they discontinued the diagrams due to Toyota's resistance. If you could provide a link that'd be great. I tried to find what you mentioned and came up empty-handed. All I found was a parts list under that category. Any repair manuals would be helpful, please!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #13
xJuice, I got that. What I need is a manual that tells what sequence to use to remove and re-install everything. Thanx.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #14
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Browse through this manual...

http://ncttora.com/fsm/05+/local%20files/repair.html
Old 10-09-2012, 02:07 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by db View Post

Seen this already. Doesn't address the rear fender wheel well components.