Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Need tires grooved, willing to pay **PICS**

Old 10-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Need tires grooved, willing to pay **PICS**

Hey-

I need my tires grooved. Instead of buying a tire groover, I'm willing to pay someone who is willing to groove the tires for me. Based on my research I'm willing to $30-$40 for a set of 4 tires to get grooved.

Here's what I want.

I have these Falken AT tires

I want them to look like this after grooving.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
KOH style looks badass.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #3
how hard can it be?
snowsk8air2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
snowsk8air2's Tacoma Gallery
that looks like a lot of work for 30-40 bucks for the set, but what do i know.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsk8air2 View Post
that looks like a lot of work for 30-40 bucks for the set, but what do i know.
A good tire groover can do each tire in 20 minutes.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #8
how hard can it be?
snowsk8air2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ryan
snowsk8air2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
I dont think hes asking why you would want to do it, I think hes saying that $30-$40 is too cheap
exactly what i meant...i woulda just bought more aggressive tires to start with. get some duratracs
Old 10-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #9

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Hiatt. Most tire shops only sipe tires. I need them grooved which is wider.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #10
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
If i may suggest. Why dont you just go out and by a tire groover? and $40 seems a little cheap for it i remember doing dirt track car tires and they take for ever.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #12

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
when you do groove the tires on the falken does it clean alot better??
They clean out better but I want to make the shoulder tread deeper.

Read this so you can see what I'm trying to do.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...ires-pics.html