Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

front spacers?

Old 10-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
SoCal909 is on a distinguished road
Navy:
SoCal909's Tacoma Gallery
front spacers?

im set on doing a front spacer lift to get slightly bigger tires my question is how much i like the prerunner style a little front high but i dont want it too front high im assuming a 2-2 1/2" will help me achieve this but i would like to hear feedback and pictures if anyone else did this. btw the reason i am choosing this lift is because i would like to keep the stock ride comfort.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Don't get spacers, get bilstein 5100s at 2.5 if you and a nice lift
Old 10-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
Navy:
I was thinking about those 5100s but I don't want to stiffen the ride my last truck was super stiff so I'm nervous about doing something like that
Old 10-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #5
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Spacers are going to stiffen your ride more than the 5100s
Old 10-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal909 View Post
I was thinking about those 5100s but I don't want to stiffen the ride my last truck was super stiff so I'm nervous about doing something like that

i had spacers that go on top of the top plate they were 2.5in i believe and the ride was close to stock! i wouldnt put spacers if you do some serious offroading. i can post pictures of it if you want,
Old 10-29-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
Navy:
how r spacers going to stiffen the ride more than the stiffer 5100 shocks a spacer just sits on top of the stock suspension
Old 10-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #8
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamtoz View Post
i had spacers that go on top of the top plate they were 2.5in i believe and the ride was close to stock! i wouldnt put spacers if you do some serious offroading. i can post pictures of it if you want,
pictures would be great
Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #9
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
5100's will preload the coils the same as spacers would. the benefit of the 5100's is that you get a better shock in doing so. Ive had both in coil spacers and 5100s and the 5100's are much nicer.

EDIT: if you are talking about top plate spacers then I would advise against them. I have never seen anyone recomend them on here. They will make your suspension bottom out and over extend your shocks and can fail/snap while driving.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #11
Navy:
does anyone have any pics of a doublcab with a 2-2 1/2 lift in the front i mostly want to see how it looks with different sizes
Old 10-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #12
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTaco View Post
I have 3" spacers on the top plate & my ride is just as smooth as the day I bought the truck & I had no problems getting it aligned
do you have any pics and what brand did you go with do you have a p/n
Old 10-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #13
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
before

after
Old 10-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #14
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal909 View Post
im set on doing a front spacer lift to get slightly bigger tires my question is how much i like the prerunner style a little front high but i dont want it too front high im assuming a 2-2 1/2" will help me achieve this but i would like to hear feedback and pictures if anyone else did this. btw the reason i am choosing this lift is because i would like to keep the stock ride comfort.
I would go with 5100's as others said.
from what i've read the stiffer ride is more pronounced on the TRD off-road, because of the progressive coils,.
honestly, i don't think spacers are good for the suspension,
top plate spacers:i don't really know how they work, but i do know that they can cause the shock to bottom out before you hit the bump stops.
i.e. it's easier to bust a shock.
the in coil spacers will rough up the ride a little and you loose some suspension articulation.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #15
lineman is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
lineman's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2.5 front spacer on my TRD and it rides the same as the day i got it. I also had a 2.5 on a fj and i have never had any problems. But most people on here hate spacers if you dont have 5100's your truck is a pos...
Old 10-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #16
Navy:
ya i know if i really wanted function i wouldnt go 5100 anyway its just more money more work and stiffer ride for what? its not worth it to me do you have any pictures
Old 10-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #17
lineman is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
lineman's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #18
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
this was my first taco with the toytec 3" spacer and AAL kit.

it was a 2.5" in coil spacer with a .5" top plate to give the full 3".

It looked good but rode like a pile of shit. I did abuse it pretty hard and I never had any problems but I would consider myself lucky.

Plus your in a brand new '12 truck. why go cheap and get a shitty spacer?! haha doesnt make sense to me but YMMV
Old 10-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #19
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
how the fuck you gonna buy a brand new truck and install the cheapest lift possible? you also gonna get jiffy lube to do your oil?