Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Looking to buy a truck in San Diego, but would like a mechanic to look at it...

Old 11-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
2 4 LIFE!!!
TuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
TuFerLife's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to buy a truck in San Diego, but would like a mechanic to look at it...

Can anyone help me out here?

I am looking at purchasing a tacoma in San Diego, but I live in Tennessee. I'm kind of skeptical buying a truck sight unseen, so I'm curious what I should do.

I figured I should get a mechanic to look it over, but I don't know anyone in San Diego, don't know how to trust their opinion, don't know if I have to pay them, etc...

Anyone got any pointers?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe have the truck shop look at it . You'll have to set everything up . I guess you'd want to look for possible accident repairs ( since carfax can be worthless ) , if the truck has been off roaded , what mods are installed , and check the basics .
Old 11-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
2 4 LIFE!!!
TuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuFerLife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
TuFerLife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Maybe have the truck shop look at it . You'll have to set everything up . I guess you'd want to look for possible accident repairs ( since carfax can be worthless ) , if the truck has been off roaded , what mods are installed , and check the basics .
Ya, I ran the carfax... but no service records since 2008. Maybe I'll have to find a shop out there and pay them over the phone or something... Not really sure...

I just want everything done because I would have to fly out there and drive it back... And if I fly out there with questions unanswered, that's just a recipe for disaster...
Old 11-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Try to find a knowledgeable forum member in sd to check it out.

Or request to take it to the truck shop
Old 11-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah carfax only says some things . I recently sold a vehicle that was in a accident that did not show up on carfax . I guess call the truck owner and tell him you want to buy and tell him you want the truck shop to look at it . Call the truck shop and tell them what to look at and pay them first . Then buy the truck if you want .
Old 11-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Yes truck shop is the actual name
Old 11-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #10
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Not bad at all . I was thinking more .
Old 11-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #12
TACO626 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve O
TACO626's Tacoma Gallery
Link to the truck?