Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Anza Borrego

Old 12-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Anza Borrego

Anybody want to join in on an Anza Borrego Trip?

Who: My and my two boys and a dog

What: Anza Borrego

When: December 26-27 (dates can change to accommodate others).

Where: Anza Borrego to see the sculptures and then down to Fish Creek to camp. One night overnight camping. Next day would be to see the wind caves, then up Sandstone Canyon to the turn around.

The Plan: go east on the 78 to Yaqui Pass Rd into Borrego to see the sculptures. Then east on towards Fonts point, then east to truck haven. Cutting south through Ocotillo OHV back to the 78, then to split mountain rd to the fish creek campground to camp for the evening. In the morning, would be a trip to the wind caves and then to sandstone canyon and turning around and calling it a day.

Map and .kmz uploaded
Attached Thumbnails
Anza Borrego-google-earth-2012-12-17-15-10-35.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: kmz Anza Borrego 2012-12-16.kmz (34.2 KB, 41 views)
Old 12-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
subbed for pics
Old 12-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like fun. If I can get those days off, I'll probably roll out.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Map and .kmz for upload to a gps or google earth uploaded
Old 12-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
We were planning the Friday Saturday before but looks like everybody dropped out..............
Old 12-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
We were planning the Friday Saturday before but looks like everybody dropped out..............
I would go saturday but I am having surgery this friday
Old 12-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #7
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
From Fonts point there is a small path ( drivable) through a network of finger washes that ends up on one of the main washes into Ocotillo, basically ends up next to the Pumpkin patch.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #8
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
I would totally be down for this, I would bring my boys out too, I love Anza but I have to work for a few hours on thursday morning and now way to get out of it.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I think we are going to shift it to Friday and Saturday due to rain up until Thursday.

We are bringing our guns out to hoot on the BLM land by fish creek. 4wheeling, am ping and shooting!
Old 12-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
n0ms is on a distinguished road
Name: Angel
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I had money to spend wheeling. I need to fix my front end before any more outings.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #11
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
So are you guys going to end up leaving tmrw? Since I had to work today I made plans to get up to the mtns and leave tmrw.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #12
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Yea we are going to be out there tomorrow. Where in the mountains are you headed to?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #13
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Bring the Zero bags, going to be in the 30's at night.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #14

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Yea we are going to be out there tomorrow. Where in the mountains are you headed to?
Got a cabin up in Lake Arrowhead for the weekend, gonna get the boys in the snow and get some snow wheelin in, snow fall in the forecast for Saturday!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #15
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4RR View Post
Got a cabin up in Lake Arrowhead for the weekend, gonna get the boys in the snow and get some snow wheelin in, snow fall in the forecast for Saturday!
Sounds like a good time! I still haven't been in the snow yet this year.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #16
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4RR View Post
i took this today in arrowhead there is no snow left on the roads but still alot on the shaded trails

Old 12-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #18
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
We are rescheduling the trip to another day.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #19

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by precoma View Post
i took this today in arrowhead there is no snow left on the roads but still alot on the shaded trails

Yeah if figured most recent snow is gone but my 5yr son is looking forward to going to the tubing park. I know he'll love the snow.fall on Saturday.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #20

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
We are rescheduling the trip to another day.
Well keep us posted I wanna get out there its been awhile and some shootin would be nice too!