Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Oriflame/Palm/Diablo/Fish Creek Run Sat 22nd

Old 12-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Oriflame/Palm/Diablo/Fish Creek Run Sat 22nd

Run this Saturday: Dec 22nd

1. Socalduckslayer (Tyler)
2. CSjumper (Chris)
3. 4WD (4WD...oops I mean OMD)
4. 2008taco (Chris)
5. Gelo760 (Gabe) "Will grace us with his presense"
6. Mike89 (Mikey)
7. Biborado (Stephen)
8. Speed Freek (Jason) "Wil be there, doesnt know it yet"

Oriflame canyon route from 78 down to S2. S2 over to Palm Springs/Agua Caliente area down into Diablo Dropoff and Broken Axle Gulch and out Fish Creek.

Meeting at the gas station in Julian at 8:00 am Staurday morning. Leaving at 8:30

COMS:CB= Ch 21, 2 Meter= 153.110

Please post up below if you intend to make this run.

This is a moderate run, most areas are 2WD friendly but the last couple obstacles into fish creek require 4WD. Stock 4WD trucks are ok but sliders are reccomended to get thru Broken Axle. With good spotting you can get away with no sliders but thats a judgement call for the truck owner.

We originally wanted this run to be a bit more advanced going thru Pinyon Mtn, Squeeze and Heart attack but I have not been that route in a second gen or in a long time so we are going to save that for another time when I have a friend of mine that was trying to make it, he knows the area very well. I want to be sure that we can get guys thru there without too much damage or injury. When he is available I will plan another run thru that area. Seems like the responsible thing to do.

Up Diablo, couple weeks ago. This side is shot out
Old 12-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Calendar marked, have to see what the wife has planned for Christmas Vacation.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
pbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Colton
pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Sunday!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #6
Lipson is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
Lipson's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I was in town to join you guys! Next time for sure.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Can I go Tyler ??? please oh please !!!???

I promise to be good

I promise to try to keep on all 4's

I promise to take all my meds, even the anti-psychotic ones....

1. Socalduckslayer (Tyler)
2. CSjumper (Chris)
3. 4WD (4WD...oops I mean OMD)

& how can I learn to drive on my side like that ?? Angle seems a little excessive to me....

Old 12-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #8
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:29 AM   #10
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone planning on camping out there? And should i bring my bbq for lunch?
Old 12-18-2012, 03:01 AM   #11
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008taco View Post
Pretty sure its a day trip only chris
Old 12-18-2012, 06:50 AM   #12
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
What happened in that pic ? Ledge gave way ?
Was narrow at ledge. Came around the corner sun in eyes and got too close, ledge gave away
Old 12-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #13
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008taco View Post

I am not planning on camping, I have a bed & breakfast reserved in Julian that night for a few days (bow chicka bow wow) If anyone wanted to camp we will pass that great spot in fish creek on the way out. I think Gabe will already be there. I'm pretty sure Jaydirt and PrerunnerChris will be camped there as well, both super good dudes, from just north of us.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #15
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Is the Palm Springs area the oasis with the palms in anza ? LoL @ grace with presence .
Thats the name of the area by Bowwillow Campground where we will turn off of S2. I believe the wash we will take is Canyon Sin Nombre IIRC
Old 12-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #17
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

There are a couple palm groves on either side of S2. We will drop in at vallecitos creek off S2 and should go by the south grove. This whole trip should be really scenic with only a couple semi-challenging obstacles. If there is any significant amount of rainfall the entire run will naturally be more challenging.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #19
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Ya, there are several. Soon we need to do a trip to the motero palms on the south end and walk up to see the train trellises, I've never walked in to see them.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #20
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
Thats the name of the area by Bowwillow Campground where we will turn off of S2. I believe the wash we will take is Canyon Sin Nombre IIRC

Yep, thats the one...