Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

<<<OFFICIAL SUPERSTITION MEET INFO THREAD<

Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #41
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Welp . All is good . One great thing about a new truck .
Wish I could say the same after my once over...in the shop getting a new rack installed.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #42
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
Wish I could say the same after my once over...in the shop getting a new rack installed.
1st replacement ? How do you gauge that . Grab and shake ?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #43
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
1st replacement ? How do you gauge that . Grab and shake ?
1st, 52k. That and it started leaking out of both sides on me.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #44
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
1st, 52k. That and it started leaking out of both sides on me.
Damn . Well glad you caught it . Still low miles on your truck . You still coming out ?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #45
Rompin Around

Quote:
Damn . Well glad you caught it . Still low miles on your truck . You still coming out ?
Sure am! That's why its in the shop today!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #46
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sure am! That's why its in the shop today!
Haha smart man ! It's good to work from home / run a small business etc . Some people would be stuck at work till 6pm !
Old 01-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #47
Rompin Around

Quote:
Haha smart man ! It's good to work from home / run a small business etc . Some people would be stuck at work till 6pm !
Definitely has it's perks, but I also start working at 6:30 and keep going in the evening until I go to bed!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #48
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Perks are a huge plus . Like checking a rack and driving it to get fixed at will . Lol

42k this year amigo . Down again . But I haven't done side work for anyone . Off a bunch . =/ .
Old 01-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #49
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
My prep is putting gas in it. LOL
Old 01-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #50
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurymullet View Post
My prep is putting gas in it. LOL
From trip to trip?
Old 01-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #51
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

I do give it a once over, but I still have the same gas in it from the last time I took it out in early december.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #52
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
You guys would hate my prep haha
Old 01-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #53
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Lol my prep usually consists of kicking the tires, checking my windshield wiper fluid and making sure I have enough gas..... Fuckkkk I wish hahaha I've gotta replace all 16 bushing on my front end and replace the lower uniballs L and R side. Butttt I think they will last one more trip Luckily prep on our weekend trucks isn't shit compared to the race trucks!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:54 AM   #54

It also helps that my truck has less than 2000 miles on it.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #56
SolCalMTB4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chad
SolCalMTB4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilManny View Post
Sorry guys but I am lost looking for Info through the superstition thread.. soo making this will allow me to put all info for our meet on the OP!

3rd Annual Socal Superstition Meet

Who: Anyone and Everyone is welcome! Hosted by TW / Socal Tacomas / LilManny

When: Friday January 11th, 2013 - Sunday January 13th, 2013

Where: Superstition Mountain, CA
Located north of the Plaster City OHV Open Area, this 13,000 acre open area presents an array of challenging OHV riding opportunities from sand dunes to mud hills. Cross-country OHV use is permitted within the boundaries of this area. Limited use areas and military practice bombing targets are immediately adjacent to the open area. Please observe all posted signs and do not enter the bombing ranges.
***ONLY STREET LEGAL VEHICLES ARE PERMITTED ON WHEELER ROAD***
Directions:

From Interstate 8 East:
  • Take the Dunaway Road Exit North.
  • Turn East onto County Hwy S80/Evan Hewes Hwy
  • Turn North onto Huff Road
  • Turn West onto Wheeler Road.
  • Follow Wheeler Road to one of several popular primitive camping areas, or to the base of the Superstition Mountain.
From Interstate 8 West:
  • Take the Drew Rd. Exit North
  • Turn West onto County Hwy S80/Evan Hewes Hwy
  • Turn North onto Huff Road
  • Turn West onto Wheeler Road.
  • Follow Wheeler Road to one of several popular primitive camping areas, or to the base of the Superstition Mountain.
Once on wheeler road camp will be to the left passed mm 6
Schedule:
(I've made schedules to hand out )

Friday
Noon - Arrive and set up camp!
2pm – Scout runs
<ONE GROUP ONE FIRE>
9pm night run
11pm- Beer Pong tournament
Saturday
10 am- dirt bike and quad ride led by Lil Manny
11:00 am- main TW run. Everyone!
We will go play at the bowl where all the prerunners can have some fun!
11:30 -group picture of ALL tacos at the bowl
12:30pm- "huckfest" jump contest
1pm lunch
2pm -run out to sand dam 3 groups
A. will take the easier way around the right side of the mountain (led by manny)
B. will go up and over sand dunes
C. will go through the more challenging left side of mountain (Led by Mercury)
3pm- (approx) all trucks meet at sand damn and watch guys take a run at the hill
5pm run on pole line out to jarhead film site
7pm-Group Dinner / Raffle awesome gifts!
9pm- another night run (location and leader tbd )
10pm beer pong tournament #2 possibly flip cup? *Party time!
Sunday
10am Dirt bike and quad ride ( led by manny)
12pm final run we will all decide together where we want to go!
Let's have some fun guys!

Raffle info: We have awesome prizes donated to us by our awesome vendors!
I (LilManny) will have raffle tickets for sale at the event $5 each (you may buy as many as you'd like). Please be prepared to pay in exact change for whatever quantity of tickets you'd like I may not have change to give out.

I will have a large bucket & will raffle off one prize at a time and once you win that ticket is out of the running for the rest.. the more u buy the better chance you have at winning the bigger prizes. PLEASE PLEASE If you win a prize and you are not happy with it keep that to yourself I do not want any badmouthing of the people that generously donated to our meet. We are all adults so act like one. If you choose to give away the gift it is your choice but that ticket won and will be removed from bucket

The $ will go to food for everyone to have group lunch & dinner Sat. Night around 7pm most likely burgers and hot doggs. I figure if there is 30 of us and each buy 1 ticket thats about $150 so I will plan on spending at least 150 on food and drinks for all. I cannot guarantee that I will have enough food and drinks for the entire trip however I'm sure one lunch and one dinner should be covered by myself and the raffle. Please prepare yourself for the rest.

Prizes:

Crossfab- 05-11 light bar

Down South Motorsports- PAIR of Icon extended travel C/O

McNeil Racing- 20% off certificate 25% off certificate for any service including all fiberglass

4Wheel Parts 2-$25 gift cards 1-$50 gift card 2-tow straps

Rlhydrographrix- Int Package Includes:
Window/Lock Bezels Front and Rear, A/C Vents Bezels, Gear Selector Bezel(smooth part), Overhead console(if applicable), Little door under driver side dash/Open Pocket under ride side of steering wheel
Valued at $410
Things can differ a little depending on a Gen 1 or 2.

yourLEDGUY(Csjumper)-
One set of Daytime Running Lights White/Amber (Leds Only)
One Interior Set for 2nd Gen white for maps and dome
One Interior set for 1st Gen white for maps and dome

Updated List:
1. Pelon
2. TC yota
3. jeffz0rz
4. lembowski
5. YumaTRD
6. LILMANNY
7. Gelo760
8. Chachie + 1
9. Desert guy
10. 00taco00
11. SKY
12. alegav
13. chilidogrc
14. Marioso
15. Jdemello
16. blackhawke88 +Jen
17. mercurymullet + A RUBICON and probably a grand cherokee and my buddy in a second gen dbl cab.
18. SnwTaco?
19. ntilehman
20. kevinthefawker
21. dirtflinger 05
22. Trigo
23. K20me
24. The Traveler
25. Taqoma
26. DP4x4 + 1
27. imsikotic
28. csjumper
29. W8N4MUD
30. Jakestaco
31. Roberts white lightning (maybe)
32. elp303
33. SolCalMTB4x4 + 1
34. nfs257
35.TmecTaco
36. AMG4LIFE
I will be bringing a friend, he is riding with me
Old 01-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #57
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteupp View Post
Lol my prep usually consists of kicking the tires, checking my windshield wiper fluid and making sure I have enough gas..... Fuckkkk I wish hahaha I've gotta replace all 16 bushing on my front end and replace the lower uniballs L and R side. Butttt I think they will last one more trip Luckily prep on our weekend trucks isn't shit compared to the race trucks!
Yeah saying " you're prepping " sounds cool too . Lol
Old 01-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #58
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Weather is looking great . Highs about 55 lows 30 wind at 9mph .
Old 01-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #59
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilManny View Post
One large bucket I will raffle off one prize at a time and once you win that ticket is out of the running for the rest.. the more u buy the better chance you have at winning I'll be buying some as well I want those C/O's!

Any $ raised past what I spend on stuff for all of us and any food left over will be used for the next TW event I WILL NOT KEEP ANY PROFIT FOR MYSELF... I'd like to set up a Monster Jam meet for the 19th or a Supercross meet Feb 9th!
I'd be down for a meet at the SD race. I'm trying to drag the wife along to Aneheim 2 and SD this year.

Quote:
Us rednecks have drinks for that. (fireball)
Got the wife some of those two nights ago at the Saloon.

Quote:
Dunno, I'm from missouri. Never to cold here to drink beer. Bubba is from South Carolina, he brings the warm juice.
Gotta love some white lightening.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #60
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Weather is looking great . Highs about 55 lows 30 wind at 9mph .

http://www.weather.com/weather/weeke...+USCA9060:1:US