Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Big Bear Snow 'Froading - Tuesday Jan 15th

Old 01-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #61
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcm329 View Post
what was up with that random guy walking in the video?? I know im cynical but I think you should have scared him a bit
Funny story!

I took this video on the way back from dropping off some friends at the trail head who had to head back home, so I had ran into him earlier wayyyy down the trail. He and 4 of his dufus friends took their 2wd Ford Focus down this trail about 6 miles the night before, got stuck on an incline, and waited out the night in the car. The morning we were there, they had a dead battery, so I tried to give them a jump but it just wouldn't even click (something else was wrong, and I didn't feel like playing doctor that day). They said the sheriff and tow truck (evidently a Toyota Pickup with a flatbed) were on the way.

He was just walking back to the trail head when I passed him...no idea what he was doing, but I didn't really care to find out. Morons shouldn't be driving on a dirt road covered in ice and snow in the middle of the night with ANY car, let alone a Ford Focus with no means of communication to the rangers or emergency response.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #62
garcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mario
garcm329's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha that is a funny story! it prob wouldnt start just cuz the cold start rating on the battery wasnt low enough to start after sitting all night... just my thoughts haha but it looks like a lot of fun what trail was that?
Old 01-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #63
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcm329 View Post
hahaha that is a funny story! it prob wouldnt start just cuz the cold start rating on the battery wasnt low enough to start after sitting all night... just my thoughts haha but it looks like a lot of fun what trail was that?
Now that I think about it, you're probably right!

It was 3N14 just off Highway 38 in Fawnskin, around Big Bear Lake.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #64
garcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mario
garcm329's Tacoma Gallery
sweet I think I might have to go look for it next time im up there haha
Old 01-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #65
SoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
SoCalRoadie's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone still in the area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Stuck in snow on crab flats trail behind hiatts cabin in green valley (big bear), just one truck, cant get out. Coordinates are:

Cant reach cory, wont pick up. Try to see if any of the big bear folk can call me at 5202045584