Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Can I Borrow Your Snow Chains!?

Old 01-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Can I Borrow Your Snow Chains!?

FELLOW TW MEMBERS!!!

Does anybody have snow chains that will fit 265/75/16's that I can borrow for Sunday - Wednesday? I'm going to Big Bear with a big group of friends and it looks like it's coming down pretty hard up there right now, with a possibility of another storm on Sunday, the day I'm heading up. Don't really go up through snow ever, so I'd hate to buy a set only to use once...especially with no job, just seems like a pointless purchase to make CHP happy.

If anybody is willing to lend me a set for Sunday-Wednesday, please let me know. I'll gladly come pick it up if you're not too far.

I will also be at the OC meet tonight, from 7-11pm, at the Five Guy's Burgers in Brea.

Thanks!

Old 01-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Chains that size are going to slap your fenders to hell

Pick some up off CL, here's one for your tire size for $50

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/3532739792.html
Old 01-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
Chuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud ofChuy has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement: ICE - San Diego Field Office
Chuy's Tacoma Gallery
Will they make you put chains on if you have 4X4? Last year, here in the Lagunas in San Diego County, the CHP didn't require them if you had 4X4 and the road had about six inches of snow. I had cables just in case but I'm curious if Big Bear is treated differently. There is more traffic and twisty roads.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #8
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuy View Post
Will they make you put chains on if you have 4X4? Last year, here in the Lagunas in San Diego County, the CHP didn't require them if you had 4X4 and the road had about six inches of snow. I had cables just in case but I'm curious if Big Bear is treated differently. There is more traffic and twisty roads.
If its bad enough to require 4x4s to chain up they usually just close the road, at least in my experience.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
I'd let you borrow mine but that would be a long ride lol