Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Mossy Toyota collision? Good?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
2ski4life7's Tacoma Gallery
Mossy Toyota collision? Good?

Well the dreaded day has come, I wasn't thinking and rear ended ironically another Tacoma 1st gen. Looking for reviews on mossy Toyota collision repair. Are they good? AAA let's them do the adjuster write up so I can get my truck up and run ing faster as well as being guaranteed work for the life of my vehicle.

So I plan to go there unless some of you have had bad experiences. Pics to come tomorrow in the daylight.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #2
2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2ski4life7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Well here is the damage as promised.

No Reviews of Mossy Toyota Collision Center? I guess I will have one soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Mossy Toyota collision?  Good?-2013-01-16-08.04.30.jpg  
Old 01-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
nucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
nucktaco's Tacoma Gallery
are you sure the dealership has a bodyshop or do they just send it to their prefered bodyshop (the one that orders the most parts off them).

the reason i ask is i have yet to find an import dealer that has their own bodyshop.

i work at a bodyshop and dealers constantly send us work and half the time the customers think some guy is hiding in the back of the showroom with a hammer and spray gun fixing their car.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucktaco View Post
are you sure the dealership has a bodyshop or do they just send it to their prefered bodyshop (the one that orders the most parts off them).

the reason i ask is i have yet to find an import dealer that has their own bodyshop.

i work at a bodyshop and dealers constantly send us work and half the time the customers think some guy is hiding in the back of the showroom with a hammer and spray gun fixing their car.
some dealers in SoCal do have collision centers. whether they are worth a damn, I'm not sure.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #5
kevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant future

kevinthefawker's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know anybody that used them but I know their dealership sucks period.

I would recommend chapparone auto body they do great work, they are on the other side of balboa ave. check their yelp reviews
http://www.chapparoneautobody.com/
Old 01-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
undecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Adam
undecided's Tacoma Gallery
Mossy Toyota does have a body shop. I used them a fee years back and was satisfied to a point. All work is guaranteed for life as well as paint.I had my bumper fixed and the paint started peeling off. I have had to take it back to have it re painted twice they took care of it no problem. I got tired of having to deal with the while paint issue so I went with an aftermarket bumper.Overall, they take care if their customers. I have used them for some of my regular maintenance as well and they are great. I would use them again if I needed to. I hope this helps.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
$6k I say
Close, quote came out to 5k. I just went ahead with mossy collision center which is about 1 mile south of the dealership so it is an all encompassing repair center.

It seems they do pretty good work and it was the fastest I could get my truck done otherwise it would have been a good month to fix. And their work is hairs teed so I can take it back until I sell my truck which I am thinking of maybe trading in anyways.

Hopefully I don't have any problems with paint but I will give my review once I get my truck back.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #9
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Might as well upgrade and get a plate bumper from Pelfreybilt.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
Socal Tacoma
boopie is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Ramon
boopie's Tacoma Gallery
I know this isn't related to the question but DO NOT take your truck to Caliber Collision in National City. Worst body shop ever.