Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Look what I walked out to this morning!

Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Look what I walked out to this morning!

Oh Joy! When it rains it pours!

What was already the start of a bad day...just got worse! Got home late last night, had class until 10, got home and there was zero parking up and down my entire street, so I had to park one street over, along the freeway. Bad Move, Jeff. Went to move my truck this morning closer to the house...found this. Nothing was really stolen I don't think...I think they were hoping for like mounds of cash laying around or something.

They emptied my center console, doesn't look like anything was stolen...other than like 2 1/2 years worth of change lol, my Ipod is still here (thank's I was looking for that). my Hella 500's with HID conversion and ballasts are still in the backseat...My Ultra Rim's are still in the Bed, and OMG I smacked myself, I left my toolbox unlocked...nothing was touched in there...

They bashed in the passenger side window...already got a quote for $159 for OEM replacement (not the chinese shit).

And, to top it off, the douchebags that did this, not only scratched the paint next to the window (assholes) but when they didn't find anything good, they threw all my registration stuff over the fence next to the truck...which is right next to the freeway lol. So i had to walk like 2 blocks down the road to find a gate so i could hop the fence and walk back to get my registration lol.

Oh, what a day. Oh and I fucked up my unemployment claim, so they are only paying me like 70$ a week right now. Booya.

So Congrat's Douchebag thieves, You got about 17$ in change lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Look what I walked out to this morning!-img_1238.jpg   Look what I walked out to this morning!-img_1239.jpg   Look what I walked out to this morning!-img_1240.jpg   Look what I walked out to this morning!-img_1241.jpg  
Old 01-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
No...me no have no more lemon pledge
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
God damn that sucks dude...f***ing douche bags...
Old 01-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery
damn petty thief crack heads!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
This is exactly the reason why I don't leave anything in any vehicle. I bet they got all paranoid in the middle of it and just took off and left the valuables either that or it was laundry day.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Seriously lol. Oh well, the wife agreed to park her '98 CRV on the street on late nights from now on lol, so I can park in our underground garage when there's no parking that late. I called the police to at least file a report, and the dispatcher couldn't get me off of the phone fast enough...jeez. The time she spent walking me through how to file a report online, probably could have just filed it right then and there...but whatev lol.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully the crack dealer they went to with 17 bucks in change slapped them around for you. Sorry for your luck op
Old 01-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #10
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Motherfucking thieves! I have a plan for one when I catch someone.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks man, least nothing of value was taken. My old truck got broken into in front of my rent house in college and they stole all my stereo stuff along with the cd player. Made me feel violated and sick. Glad I got rid of that truck. If you had a cb they might of taken that. Also another good reason not to leave a gun in your truck.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
Yea, I just bought a gun vault for the house a few weeks ago, had my gun in its little carry safe in the back for the longest time...glad I finally took that out! What's really weird...my alarm was still activated....so they broke the window...but no alarm...all the doors still locked. Guess I should have spree'd for a better alarm system. Stupid dealer joke of an alarm.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #13
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Have you made a police report?

Do you have full coverage?

You should file the police report so that the incident is documented, and perhaps call your insurance agent.

The window replacement cost isn't bad at $160, but that scratch in the paint is on both doors and might be more expensive to repair than you would expect. I would recommend taking the truck to a reputable body shop and getting a repair recommendation and quote. It looks like it may be down to the sheet metal, and if left unpainted, could cause rust in the future (more cost to you and loss of value on the truck).

Additionally, if they come to replace the window, and something inside the door is damaged, you can add that as well. Pretty often, a thief will try to pry a window down first and could damage the window motor. (When my civic was burglarized a few years back, the window itself was in tact, but it never rolled all the way up again.)

Depending on your insurance deductible, you should decide whether or not it's worth it for you to file a claim, considering the cost of the window, body/paint repair, and items stolen (I know it was just change, but money is money).

Having the police report is helpful, because if you remember in two days that there was something else in your truck that is gone, the report can be amended with that information. It kinda sounds like you had a pretty good variety of stuff in your truck.

Edit: Just saw you made the report.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #14
cbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to all

Name: sebastian
cbassd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Oh Joy! When it rains it pours!

What was already the start of a bad day...just got worse! Got home late last night, had class until 10, got home and there was zero parking up and down my entire street, so I had to park one street over, along the freeway. Bad Move, Jeff. Went to move my truck this morning closer to the house...found this. Nothing was really stolen I don't think...I think they were hoping for like mounds of cash laying around or something.

They emptied my center console, doesn't look like anything was stolen...other than like 2 1/2 years worth of change lol, my Ipod is still here (thank's I was looking for that). my Hella 500's with HID conversion and ballasts are still in the backseat...My Ultra Rim's are still in the Bed, and OMG I smacked myself, I left my toolbox unlocked...nothing was touched in there...

They bashed in the passenger side window...already got a quote for $159 for OEM replacement (not the chinese shit).

And, to top it off, the douchebags that did this, not only scratched the paint next to the window (assholes) but when they didn't find anything good, they threw all my registration stuff over the fence next to the truck...which is right next to the freeway lol. So i had to walk like 2 blocks down the road to find a gate so i could hop the fence and walk back to get my registration lol.

Oh, what a day. Oh and I fucked up my unemployment claim, so they are only paying me like 70$ a week right now. Booya.

So Congrat's Douchebag thieves, You got about 17$ in change lol.

Damn dude that sucks,,, I had the same situation last night I parked like down the street from where I live I parked on a Main Street I couldn't sleep I was scared I was going to get jacked so when I went to move my truck closer to my house and luckily everything was fine on my truck after seeing your situation I'm not doing this again I'm gonna keep my truck close to my house
Old 01-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #15
Actually, I never made the report, I TRIED to, but the dispatcher just told me to do it online. honestly, the scratch I'm not super worried about, I've got a multitude of them from offroading...but Good tip on the window motor, I'll make sure the guy checks it out when he replaces it.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #16
tsup74 is a splendid one to beholdtsup74 is a splendid one to beholdtsup74 is a splendid one to beholdtsup74 is a splendid one to beholdtsup74 is a splendid one to beholdtsup74 is a splendid one to beholdtsup74 is a splendid one to behold

tsup74's Tacoma Gallery
F'N THUGS.....
HUMANITY IS FALLING APART
Old 01-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #17
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
So crazy they didn't take anything but your change. Seriously wtf. Must not have been druggies, because I would have figured they would have stolen anything of value to sell for drug money. Kind of a weird break-in. Maybe next time leave a bag of quarters on the seat like cookies for Santa and they will leave the rest alone?
Old 01-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #18
Haha I know right? I looked through the majority of stuff, and it doesn't look like anything was stolen. I mean, I'm not tooting my own horn, but I do get complimented on my truck often, so I'm guessing they assumed I was super rich to have such a good looking truck and also assumed I just drove around with loose hundred dollar bills floating around all over the place. Just wads of them.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #19
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
thats sucks donkey *&^s, sorry Jeff.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #20
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
To OP, sorry for your hassle, but be glad it was not stolen and taken for a "joy ride" and then trashed. This happened to my first Toyota pickup, a nice little 2WD standard cab that had been so reliable got stolen from a strip mall parking lot while my Daughter was working there. It was found 4 days later dented all over, stripped out, and no wheels. It was not an expensive truck but a good reliable vehicle that until then looked fine, now totalled out by the insurance people. That was a good 15 years ago, still a sour memory....

Best of luck getting yours back in tip top condition my friend!