Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Anyone know a good GPS app for the iPhone?

Old 01-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
PRBond is on a distinguished road

Navy: USNR - Honorably Discharged in Oct. '94
Name: Patrick
PRBond's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know a good GPS app for the iPhone?

So, I've finally upgraded to a smart phone (iPhone 4s) and I'd like to find a good GPS app for off road trails and such if there is one. Anyone know if a good one that they like?
Old 01-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, Android
Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
Jack.C is on a distinguished road
Name: Jack
Jack.C's Tacoma Gallery
Navigon is a great GPS app! You don't need a cell signal when you're out there, just download the state map before you go. I'm not sure how it is for trails though...
Old 01-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
Hector v is a splendid one to beholdHector v is a splendid one to beholdHector v is a splendid one to beholdHector v is a splendid one to beholdHector v is a splendid one to beholdHector v is a splendid one to beholdHector v is a splendid one to beholdHector v is a splendid one to behold
Hector v's Tacoma Gallery
Try the new google app. It's much better than apple maps.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:03 AM   #7
obscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud of
obscurotron's Tacoma Gallery
On the iPhone 4, I've found TOPO to be pretty awesome. Downloads maps in high or low res, stitches them nicely, and is generally a useful app. I think it costs a couple of bucks, but well worth it.