1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Advice for a new guy?!

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by Kelso619, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Feb 15, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    Kelso619

Kelso619 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelso
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road.
    Rear/front 5100s, rear spring add-a-leaf, LED interior lights, K&N CAI 63 series
    Bought a 2007 Tacoma prerunner a little over a year ago. Done some things to it already; front and back 5100s, rear add-a leaf, and some other cosmetic stuff on the interior/exterior. Any suggestions as to what a next step would be? Ive been looking into cold air intakes, exhausts, and maybe a new skid plate.
    Never really worked on trucks ever so I'm trying to teach myself everything there is to know. Was a Ranger man outta high school, first test drive of a Tacoma when i was truck shopping and i fell in love, will never own anything different!

2. Feb 15, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    mercurymullet

mercurymullet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    gary
    el cajon/lakeside
    Vehicle:
    can't afford a toyota
    bronco frame under a mountaineer
    Take it out, whenever you say "this sucks"-start there.

3. Feb 15, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    Kelso619

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelso
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road.
    Rear/front 5100s, rear spring add-a-leaf, LED interior lights, K&N CAI 63 series
    Sounds like a plan. I went out to Anza Borrego a few weeks ago to explore the hills and found out that I would like some light bars so I can stay out in the dark. Finding people/shops that can sell parts or help give advice on how to install is the issue

4. Feb 15, 2013 at 12:16 PM
    fireball946

fireball946 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Conway, SC
    Vehicle:
    15' TRD sport
    3" Bilstein front coilovers, Light racing UCA's, 1/5" AAL, URD cat back exhaust, URD TCAI + maf cal, Pioneer double din, Kicker L7 solaberic, yellow fogs like a boss
    Exhaust was one of the first things I wanted to do when I got mine, I just like to be able to hear my truck haha

5. Feb 15, 2013 at 12:16 PM
    jdk52

jdk52 Bro do you even 'Merica?

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    11 SR5
    3 inch OME lift kit, rear diff breather mod, cb install, sliders, brute force fab front end.
    Tons of how to on this site man. Keep an eye out for group buys on here also. Think about what you want your overall end truck to be.

6. Feb 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    Drummer0247

Drummer0247 International Jewel Thief

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Landcruiser
    good deal on retrofits right now!!! (if the group buy is still goin on) Cheers and Welcome!!!

7. Feb 15, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
  8. Feb 15, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    mercurymullet

mercurymullet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    gary
    el cajon/lakeside
    Vehicle:
    can't afford a toyota
    bronco frame under a mountaineer
    My truck is loud, but I like it. Its better than hearing the squeaks. I know Kevinthefawker was looking at mounting a led row in his factory grill/bumper. Depends on you final plans, but might get you started a little cheaper.

9. Feb 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    Kelso619

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelso
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road.
    Thanks for the info guys! How does the group-buy work? Those light bars look bad ass

10. Feb 15, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Just PM the guy who made the original post, tell him what you want to order. Read the first post for details, i think all the orders are processed when the group buy ends. If you have more questions ask in that thread

11. Feb 15, 2013 at 1:37 PM
    RJ MacReady

RJ MacReady professional trousersnake charmer

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ/Mike Hauncho/HeavyHands
    US OUTPOST North 31-Mayday Mayday! We've found som
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner 4WD LTD - Cheatin' Bitch Build 2
    Cheatin' bitch build 2: All stock for now... 99' Tacoma 4wd TRD Cheatin' bitch build 1: BG44K additive, motul 5w40(always), deckplate mod, K&N washable air filter, 2.5" flow master(cut thanks to Airdog), king fronts 2.5", all pro standard leaf pk, stainless steel rear ext brakeline, 5125's 10" travel rears, 4-jasper offroad 6" pod LED spot lights, secret compartment for small bottle of wild turkey, cobra CB, Hi-lift jack w/locking bed mount, hi lift curved bumper lift & road base plate, smittybuilt X20 winch, wab fab F&R bumpers w/ hitch receivers, smittybuilt 4in1 recov tool, 10gal mini flamethrower, 11 lbs dynamite sticks, 13 4-hr snowflares, .50Cal full auto mounted machine gun w/ RPG unit & a shitoad of death metal to fuckstart your brain...everything you need for first contact with a shape-shifting alien entity frozen for over 100,000 years reanimated & immitating all life it engulfs.
    Welcome to the suck man lol lol

Well it really depends on the route you want for the truck.

Im a 1st gen guy but I hear a lot of the 2nd genners have bad wheel bearings

1st thing I did on my taco was king front coils, then anti-rusting f & r bumpers before installing a water proof 10K lb winch

enjoy the search button, it'll be your new best friend on TW

Products Discussed in

To Top