Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

fix it ticket

Old 02-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
tacoma492 is on a distinguished road
tacoma492's Tacoma Gallery
fix it ticket

hey guys i recently got a fix it ticket in san diego and i was wondering what your thoughts were about having a ex-cop sign off a fix it ticket. I've heard some people say yes it works and others say its kind of sketchy. anyone have experience with this?

thanks!
-tacoma492
Old 02-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma492 View Post
hey guys i recently got a fix it ticket in san diego and i was wondering what your thoughts were about having a ex-cop sign off a fix it ticket. I've heard some people say yes it works and others say its kind of sketchy. anyone have experience with this?

thanks!
-tacoma492
was it simple like a bulb or tint?

why drag him into it if so?

Id just keep his name out of it personally.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #3
SmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
SmEYELey's Tacoma Gallery
not sure if it would work. ever time i got fix it tickets the cops wrote down there badge number. what kind of a fix it ticket is it?
Old 02-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #4
it was a tint issue. im not really dragging him into it LOL. i just told him what happened and he volunteered to sign it off, but im kind of sketched about the whole idea of having an ex-cop sign it. im not to sure if it'll work or not.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:15 AM   #5
SmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
SmEYELey's Tacoma Gallery
Just for my knowledge when a cop retires or is an "ex cop" do they have anything on the books saying they were a cop. I mean like do they still keep there badge number or something saying to the courts that they use to be a cop? Cause you figure if that is not the case couldn't technically anyone just sign off a ticket then?
Old 02-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmEYELey View Post
Just for my knowledge when a cop retires or is an "ex cop" do they have anything on the books saying they were a cop. I mean like do they still keep there badge number or something saying to the courts that they use to be a cop? Cause you figure if that is not the case couldn't technically anyone just sign off a ticket then?
I'm sure they're in the computer system somewhere, but i have no idea about being able to keep the badge number. I also couldn't agree more on the last part that you said.

any chps/ex-cops that could chime on this and clarify it up for me?
Old 02-20-2013, 01:25 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Just fix it . Easy cheap fix .
agreed! i was just curious to the idea of whether an ex-cop could really sign it off or would it only require an active officer to do it.

BTW, sweet build thread Gelo760! awesome truck you have there.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:08 AM   #9
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
The only reasoning i could see of him signing it off would be to get it done without removing the tint. Best case scenario judge looks at it, accepts it, and you pay your $25. Worse case judge sees it, asks an officer to inspect your vehicle, finds the tint still on, charges you with forgery, possibly perjury.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #10
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
Just a thought. Wouldn't the ex-cop know if it is legal?
Old 02-20-2013, 06:53 AM   #11
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma492 View Post

thanks!
-tacoma492

so youre saying that you dont wish to follow the law and want to have the ticket forged by an ex cop, hmmm..
Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #12
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
just fix it OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmEYELey View Post
yes they do. They donít really keep the badge number. They have another forum of ID.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #13
dust ...
chris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Chris
chris66's Tacoma Gallery
why risk it. i think theres a way where you can pay a much bigger fine but they don't have to sign off that you got it removed but if you get caught again its an even larger fine. just get taken care of legally and get it re tinted if it is that important
Old 02-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Badge numbers will depend on the department...i cannot speak for the legality etc of the former cop signing off on the fix it ticket because around here the ticketing officer has to make the decision if it's fixed or not

As far as badge numbers go...many larger depts will recycle numbers, especially if they are on the badge itself (such as NYPD) however my badge number will never be reassigned to another officer even if i leave my dept. If I left and then got rehired a few years later, my badge number would still be the same as it is now
Old 03-07-2013, 12:37 AM   #16
Nerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shedNerodivla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Nerodivla's Tacoma Gallery
Around here they make you peal it off in front of them on the side of the street if they catch you again and again... My buddy had it happen twice, could have had to do with his cars rep. (Very noticeable and modded sti) he ended up getting a doctors note claiming something about bright lights effect on his eyes and headaches... If it was me I'd just remove it and worry about bigger things..