Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Charlotte, NC Paint Jobs

Old 05-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #21
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Giving ya guys a bump. I'm here to ease some of the painting whoas.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #22
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I got some painting on the bike done today. There is still some small paint work that needs done but it will be with some Transtar Satin Black out of a spray can.

I got the font from another thread on here. Thanks for that. It came out great. I had my vinyl guy cut out some stencil vinyl so that I could paint on the "Honda" before it was cleared.

I left the face of the gauge panel in CF. The bottom area and the trim is painted the Cyber Grey Metallic.

Rear Hugger (made from an R6 front fender):

The tank came out pretty awesome. The Honda logo looks excellent.

I love how the color turned out. I think the satin black accents will do nicely against this primary paint color. All of these pictures were taken just a few minutes after spraying the clear. There wasn't any flow time really. I'm sure they will be a little smoother when I go back to the shop tomorrow. Plus, they are going to be sanded and buffed anyway.

Close up of the color:
Old 07-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #23
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work dude. How much do you charge for fenders and bedsides? Ive been rolling around as a panda for too long.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Nice work dude. How much do you charge for fenders and bedsides? Ive been rolling around as a panda for too long.

PM sent buddy.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #25
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Can I get a quote on some glassworks front fenders? Have been thinking of rattle canning them patiently...but if you're at a good price for color matching 2011 black...I may have to make a drive up to ya
Old 07-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Can I get a quote on some glassworks front fenders? Have been thinking of rattle canning them patiently...but if you're at a good price for color matching 2011 black...I may have to make a drive up to ya

PM sent
Old 07-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #27
mmm Tacos
Swordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of light

Swordknives's Tacoma Gallery
How much to paint a grill surround? Ill take off the inner grill.

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordknives View Post
How much to paint a grill surround? Ill take off the inner grill.

Thanks.
Do you want it color matched? If so, what color?
Old 07-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #29
mmm Tacos
Swordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of light

Swordknives's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, im looking for Magnetic grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
Do you want it color matched? If so, what color?
Old 07-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #30
tamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shedtamer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tamer
tamer's Tacoma Gallery
I would be in for a colormatched 08 BSP grille as well depending on price.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamer View Post
I would be in for a colormatched 08 BSP grille as well depending on price.
PM sent
Old 07-25-2013, 04:04 AM   #32
I <3 Pink Tacos
JawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
JawKnee's Tacoma Gallery
Can you color match the roof of an FJ?
Old 07-25-2013, 06:58 AM   #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawKnee View Post
Can you color match the roof of an FJ?

As long as there is a hard line around the entire thing where I can stop the clear. Meaning, if it is attached to any other body panel then the clear has to be sprayed on that as well. I'm assuming the way Toyota did from the factory that it can be done fairly simple. Is there a roof rack on it? If there is could you take it off? I'm trying to save you some coin.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #34
I <3 Pink Tacos
JawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
JawKnee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
As long as there is a hard line around the entire thing where I can stop the clear. Meaning, if it is attached to any other body panel then the clear has to be sprayed on that as well. I'm assuming the way Toyota did from the factory that it can be done fairly simple. Is there a roof rack on it? If there is could you take it off? I'm trying to save you some coin.
There is a clear line. The FJ is black with the white roof. And yes it has a roof rack that is held on by a few bolts. Shouldn't be too hard to take off.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawKnee View Post
There is a clear line. The FJ is black with the white roof. And yes it has a roof rack that is held on by a few bolts. Shouldn't be too hard to take off.

PM sent
Old 08-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #36
Knocked out a 883 Iron XL tank for someone today; still needs sanded and buffed:

Old 02-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #37
Hey All,
I have moved. I am now in Charlotte, NC. Let me know if anyone around the area needs some paint help.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:27 PM   #38
US Patriot
Dondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
Dondy52's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in Charlotte too and wondering about the same procedure.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondy52 View Post
I'm in Charlotte too and wondering about the same procedure.
What would you like to know? I have a little more room now than I did at my shop in CA. Good thing here is that it is all at my house.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #40
US Patriot
Dondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDondy52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
Dondy52's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought the top for my tacoma last week and I was considering getting it re-painted. But I was also thinking it would make my trucks paint look bad because the top would look so good. DECISIONS!! haha