Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Superstition Day Trip 3/9/13

Old 03-08-2013, 06:13 AM   #21
TXPRO4X4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
TXPRO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Man I. Love Anza Borrego!! Wish I could go!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #22
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurymullet View Post

Spacers, 205/75 street tires and a 4 banger. You'll be fine.
Skinny pedal all day
Old 03-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #23
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogrc View Post
Alex is stock and he did fine last time out.
Yes and no lol I do have the Baja so im not quite "stock" but ya factory upgraded suspension
Old 03-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #24
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Alex, do you have a plan for where you want to start the trip. It sounds like your itching to get to the sand. We can drive all the way down the dirt road to the sand then play, start from the highway through the washes and mudhills to the sand or I have even dropped in at plaster city(but it is a little bit of a drive off road from there).
Old 03-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #25
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Alex, do you have a plan for where you want to start the trip. It sounds like your itching to get to the sand. We can drive all the way down the dirt road to the sand then play, start from the highway through the washes and mudhills to the sand or I have even dropped in at plaster city(but it is a little bit of a drive off road from there).
That's what I was thinking. I was hoping you would lead Looks like you are more familiar with the area than myself, do you mind?

Alex
Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #26
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

That was actually 3 choices, LOL. We can leave from the highway, plaster might be muddy.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #27
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
I think you guys are gonna find some mud too.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/pla...r-radar/347380
Old 03-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #28

Everyones truck will probably be dirty. But crossing a "dry" lake bed the day after a down pour is not my first choice. Been there, towed that.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #29
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That was actually 3 choices, LOL. We can leave from the highway, plaster might be muddy.
I'll just follow you hahaha.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #30
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Ocotillo wells FB page said not much rain so far . I messaged my cousin who lives in imperial to see what he says . Still trying to make it .
Old 03-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Ocotillo wells FB page said not much rain so far . I messaged my cousin who lives in imperial to see what he says . Still trying to make it .
Unless it is raining tomorrow I'm good, I'll just play in the sand and stay out of the mud. The wetter it is the more sand we have to paly with.

Keep us informed please if you have a contact down there, it is not supposed to rain out there tommorrow. But it might get pounded tonite.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:05 PM   #32
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
its raining in the mountains, a portion of the superstition area sometimes gets run off in the washes from it if its heavy enough.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #33
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
I'm also still gonna make the trip unless its raining cats and dogs tomorrow... I don't mind a muddy truck
Old 03-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #34
Banned
It wont be raining, should be some wet patches to have some fun in, be sure to bring a strap or 2 just in case
Old 03-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #35

I have a winch.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #36
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
I have a wench, same thing right?

JK!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #38

They both whine, one helps alot when your in trouble and is quiet the rest of the time, the gets louder telling you why you got in trouble.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #39
Banned
Well we( wife and I) aren't going prospecting this weekend, I may come out, good someone has a "WINCH", sigh, I wont have to put mine on.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #40
Banned
If I do I'll bring the GoPro3