Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Superstition Day Trip 3/9/13

Old 03-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #101
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurymullet View Post
Sorry, to answer your question. It is superstition mtn. Sand dam is at the bottom of the further tower to the NW. It is also the very NW end of the sand in superstition if you google earth it. For those more familiar with it, there is a route in which you parallel "sand dam" heading SEish to get back on top. Thats were we were playing around. I gave you the more exact answer before instead of the generalized.

Thank you Gary!!!

I was guess that after I asked... My high school friends and I camped on top of Superstition (well in a valley on top) in 1976, and a sand storm hit... we were trapped in our vehicles for about 12 hours, wearing goggles and all covered up like a nomad in the Sahara, just to go take a leak. But going to and coming from was lots of sand... got stuck when high centered on a dune. Back then it was a Navy Testing area, and forbidden... We came there by driving south along the gypsum mine railroad from Split Mountain, then cutting across the desert to Superstition. Very memorable trip with about 6 friends I haven't seen in over 30 years! We went up in my Jeep Cherokee, a pickup, and my friend's dad's 4WD Suburban (in which we cooked our burgers to keep sand out of the food)...
Old 03-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #102
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have sand stuck in all the windows, it sucks when they go up and down.
Yeah, you were slinging it alright!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #103
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alegav View Post
I just got the truck detailed so..... I'm out for the rest of the month probably lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopie View Post
i just got done cleaning the truck inside and out. I'm down for the month too
Come on ! I got my detail down , in and out in a hour and a half now .
Old 03-12-2013, 02:02 AM   #104
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
I use that excuse all the time when my friends want me drag wood to fiesta island when were gunna have a bonfire lol! "nope can't go, just tire shined my tires".
Old 03-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #106
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna take the kids out again for the weekend. My son had fun, but was bummed without his quad.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #107
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Quote:
I wanna take the kids out again for the weekend. My son had fun, but was bummed without his quad.
I'll haul a quad to there for ya
Old 03-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #108
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegav View Post
I'll haul a quad to there for ya
If I thought he would keep up I would, hes only 5. LOL

Thats why I'm building a trailer.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #109
Socal Tacoma
boopie is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Ramon
boopie's Tacoma Gallery
Sooo is their going to be another trip planned??
Old 03-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #110
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
I'd probably be down to go again on Sunday.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #111
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Do any of you guys who know this 'sand dam' can post how it looks/ where it is on Google Earth or Google Maps? Here is Superstition Mountain with north at the top...

THANK YOU!
Attached Thumbnails
Superstition Day Trip 3/9/13-superstition-1.jpg  
Old 03-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #112

32.958554,-115.833728 Best I can do. If you zoom way in you can see the tower in the pic.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:21 AM   #113
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYB-Z4fFNSw
Old 03-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #114
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
more info on the area:
http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2011...ntain-120.html
Old 03-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #115
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
MAN!!!! I;m still waiting to see my jump. LEO!!!!!!!!!! the suspense is killing me!!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #116

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
32.958554,-115.833728 Best I can do. If you zoom way in you can see the tower in the pic.
Thank you... very clear now!

Attached Thumbnails
Superstition Day Trip 3/9/13-superstition-2.jpg   Superstition Day Trip 3/9/13-superstition-3.jpg  
Old 03-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #117

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post

Nice Link!! Thank you...
Old 03-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #118
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Paging Senőr Leo .
Old 03-14-2013, 02:36 AM   #119
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Paging Senőr Leo .
This!!!