Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

Superstition Day Trip 3/9/13

Old 03-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Superstition Day Trip 3/9/13

Hi Guys,

I am putting a day trip together out to Super this Saturday, weather permitting. Looking for anyone who wants to head out and have some fun.

Where: Superstition
When: Saturday 3/9/13, 8:00 am
Meetup Time and Location: 8am McDonnalds off the 8 freeway, Los Coches exit. http://goo.gl/maps/nZMaB
CB Channel: 21

This is my first thread for something like this so if i left something out please let me know.

Alex

Going:
alegav
mercurymullet
boopie
chilidogrc
Gelo760 - Maybe
Mikie - Maybe
Old 03-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I look forward to seeing your Baja 4WD in the desert. Because of the rain, and your trip starting well south of me, I will wait for photos. On a future, dry weather desert trip, I hope to go and see what your truck does... I have a many years of four wheeling and will share any tips if it is new to you. The main points is to keep your tires on the high part of the road so rocks don't hit the underside... and to lower the tire pressure for sand if you begin to dig in. Running lower pressure for rock climbing also improves traction. The A-TRAC system you have in low range is just awesome for climbing and crawling through stuff, so press the A-TRAC button when you go into L4.

A great run is to go from Split Mountain (Fish Creek) through Broken Shaft Gulch and then UP the Diablo Drop Off! See the trip photos and video clips from 2011: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...5-11-a-11.html
Old 03-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Navy: civil service
Name: gary
mercurymullet's Tacoma Gallery
That would get a little narrow for me 80" at the front wheels, about the same at the back doors. I don't want to rock crawl on purpose until I get sliders. I have taken my old baja bug down there, it is a awesome time.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
I look forward to seeing your Baja 4WD in the desert. Because of the rain, and your trip starting well south of me, I will wait for photos. On a future, dry weather desert trip, I hope to go and see what your truck does... I have a many years of four wheeling and will share any tips if it is new to you. The main points is to keep your tires on the high part of the road so rocks don't hit the underside... and to lower the tire pressure for sand if you begin to dig in. Running lower pressure for rock climbing also improves traction. The A-TRAC system you have in low range is just awesome for climbing and crawling through stuff, so press the A-TRAC button when you go into L4.

A great run is to go from Split Mountain (Fish Creek) through Broken Shaft Gulch and then UP the Diablo Drop Off! See the trip photos and video clips from 2011: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...5-11-a-11.html
Thanks for the tips, I apprecaite that. I'll take lots of photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurymullet View Post
That would get a little narrow for me 80" at the front wheels, about the same at the back doors. I don't want to rock crawl on purpose until I get sliders. I have taken my old baja bug down there, it is a awesome time.
x2 I need sliders and the rest of my belly armor
Old 03-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
mercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to beholdmercurymullet is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegav View Post
Thanks for the tips, I apprecaite that. I'll take lots of photos

x2 I need sliders and the rest of my belly armor
I'll take care of you, this is the first truck I've had that actually belongs offroad, I've learned alotta helpful tricks. Knock on wood I've only had one accident that tore up any body panels out of all my vehicles.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurymullet View Post
I'll take care of you, this is the first truck I've had that actually belongs offroad, I've learned alotta helpful tricks. Knock on wood I've only had one accident that tore up any body panels out of all my vehicles.
haha thanks!!! Ya trying to keep the tearing to a minimal Pinstriped the Baja before I even had plates on her. It was a sad sad day.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down to go. Finally have a weekend off.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogrc View Post
Nice. You can check out how it is to ride with the rug rats. LOL
Old 03-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #9
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sweet, I updated the list!
Old 03-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a 45% maybe . Wonder how much rain ow will get . Def want to go back to SS and TDS ASAP .
Old 03-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Btw here is a good link for Facebook users for ocotillo wells . You can make posts and ask questions and a ranger does respond at times .

Look up and like - ocotillo wells SRVA
Old 03-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #12
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alegav View Post
haha thanks!!! Ya trying to keep the tearing to a minimal Pinstriped the Baja before I even had plates on her. It was a sad sad day.

As it should've been, but best to just get it over with because its going to happen sooner than later, even if not offroad you KNOW some dipshits will parking lot ding the hell out of you...the sliders will end that problem too for the most part...
Old 03-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
Mikie is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
Mikie's Tacoma Gallery
ummm....might be a possibility for me. it would be my first meet, iv been wanting to meet alot of you guys. ill probably bring my bike out since my truck aint really set up for too much off roading. ill let you know for sure
Old 03-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #14
TeamBlue

alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikie View Post
ummm....might be a possibility for me. it would be my first meet, iv been wanting to meet alot of you guys. ill probably bring my bike out since my truck aint really set up for too much off roading. ill let you know for sure
Sounds good, the more the merrier!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #15
Socal Tacoma
boopie is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Ramon
boopie's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 03-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #16
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alex is stock and he did fine last time out.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #17
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Don't bring the. Bike . It's a truck run .
Old 03-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #18
Mikie is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
Mikie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alex is stock and he did fine last time out.
i'm worse than stock... i have spacers and blocks
Old 03-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #19
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Need some help ??...

just keep it in mind when wheeling & you'll be ok
Old 03-08-2013, 05:54 AM   #20

Quote:

Spacers, 205/75 street tires and a 4 banger. You'll be fine.