Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

ROLE CAGE???

Old 03-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
One thread is enough.
Also try posting in long travel bs thread
Old 03-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #2
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Might want to add another zero to that $350 lol
Old 03-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #3
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
This is right up ypur alley 4x innovations has what you need. This will hold up in a slow speed flop but I wouldn't trust it for a high speed roll over out in the desert...

http://4xinnovations.com/p-9IRC.html
Old 03-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Not that I have any experience with roll cages, but I would not go cheap unless the guy has the proof of knowledge to back it up.

Would you buy a hand made bullet proof vest off "some guy" on Craigslist if you're going into combat? Odds are not, so would you want to do it with this?
Old 03-25-2013, 11:50 PM   #5
in2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4/27th FA... MLRS.... Wertheim Germany
Name: James
in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Paul I see ur truck all the time in Lakewood. I live at belflower and south.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #7
SoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
SoCalRoadie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pklintworth View Post
hey so I have an 02 taco and im thinking about eventually putting in a role cage I was just wondering if any one on here could help me by giving me nubers or websites for any companys in so cal that could make a role cage and does any one know about how much I should pay for a role cage because I found a guy on craigslist that said he would make a role cage for my taco for $350 but i think somethin is up. I highly doubt that it only cost 350 to make a role cage and install it and does any one know what size tubes i should go with for the role cage this guy offerd to make it out of 3.5 inch tubes.
Roll cage.

$350 is not enough for just the metal involved in the cage.

3.5" tubes may work for a headache rack. Like this:

But not for a full roll cage that is meant to protect your life in a high speed roll over. Like this:

Old 03-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #8
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. DTOM
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRoadie View Post
Roll cage.

$350 is not enough for just the metal involved in the cage.

3.5" tubes may work for a headache rack. Like this:

What headache rack is that?
Old 03-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #9
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
role
Old 03-26-2013, 12:29 AM   #10
SoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
SoCalRoadie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaqori View Post
What headache rack is that?
from this BST thread

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ache-rack.html
Old 03-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #11
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
3.5" tubing is huuuuge, 1.75 to 2 should be more than strong enough. Also, don't spend 350 on a cage, materials alone should cost more than that
Old 03-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #12
Rylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedRylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rylee
Rylee's Tacoma Gallery
lol ROLE...
Old 03-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #13
03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future

Name: adam
03aztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Mines out of 1.75 120 dom i have just under 750 into it
Old 03-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #14
Angrytaco
Emtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Paramedic
Name: Brad
Emtmeyer's Tacoma Gallery
Spend your money at a reputable shop, just my opinion but I wouldn't spend all this money to make my truck go faster, jump higher, and take anything I can throw at it just to go cheap on the one part that may keep me alive during all these said activities. Just my .02