Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

NOOBS!! 2 Lost Hikers in Holy Jim

Old 04-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #21
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Any luck finding anything matt?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #22
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
I'm gonna get Brad and Kenny to come with me tonight and go on a little TW rescue mission. I know that canyon like the back of my hand...shouldn't be too hard to find them.
Don't forget Proforce with his amber strobes lmfao hahahahahaha
Old 04-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #23
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
Any luck finding anything matt?
No luck yet. Did a couple passes with the handheld spot light, the LED bars and brights on, stopped and used the PA to call out and listen for a response, nothing. Gave the cops a report because I actually recognized the guy from the photo and I think I saw him yesterday when I was wheeling back there in the afternoon. Helping them search in the right places, because cops don't know where anything is out there.

Gonna head back out tonight with some TW guys and more lights, possibly going to hike a few miles to the waterfall...gonna be a scary hike that's for sure. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post

Anthony, where ya at with your loud ass PA and sirens????
Old 04-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #24
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No luck yet. Did a couple passes with the handheld spot light, the LED bars and brights on, stopped and used the PA to call out and listen for a response, nothing. Gave the cops a report because I actually recognized the guy from the photo and I think I saw him yesterday when I was wheeling back there in the afternoon. Helping them search in the right places, because cops don't know where anything is out there.

Gonna head back out tonight with some TW guys and more lights, possibly going to hike a few miles to the waterfall...gonna be a scary hike that's for sure. LOL
nice! would have been good if you found them! good luck tonight.

lol I have hicked about 3 miles of from back packing at 11:00 or 11:30PM and heard coyotes the whole time. also did not have a gun or anything. had my bear grylls knife and a machete and that all.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:38 AM   #25
Duartizzle has a spectacular aura aboutDuartizzle has a spectacular aura aboutDuartizzle has a spectacular aura about
Duartizzle's Tacoma Gallery
Dang. I wish I would've seen this earlier! I would've joined...I know the area well also. The old mine, the waterfall that isn't marked, dang it...this would've been an epic adventure.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 AM   #27
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
If i lived in cali i would be down for a rescue mission.

so if im reading this right, and you looked last night and didnt find em have they been lost for 2 days now?

im honestly surprised they have not yet been found if it is such a high traffic area. Are there any other teams out looking?
I looked for them this afternoon, and tonight with no luck.

They have full rescue teams including a police Hummer H1 and bloodhounds, but have nothing yet. It blows my mind that they got to a point where they had cell reception (had to be high up out of the canyon) and then they couldn't get their bearings? There's 3 million people in OC, and you can see all of them from the ridgelines around the canyon.

My biggest fear is that one of them was injured, and the other is too scared to look for help alone or leave the injured person...or worse, one fell down a rock or a bluff, and the other went to help and he/she was hurt also in the process.

I really don't see any other way around it. One of them must be injured at the very least.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:35 AM   #28
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Matt has his own amber stobes

Quote:

No need for a siren. PA.... Maybe. But I'm good. I would think that the S&R team should be equipped with everything you need. I wouldn't waste my time and gas for that. Its not a hostile environment and temperatures are not life threatening tonight. Worst case for them is they get hungry and dehydrated. They'll live.

1 thing I learned from TW is that you get flammed for trying to be a hero. Therefore, I choose not to participate in things like this, and if I did, I'd keep it too myself. Its shit like this that causes the immature people in the 909 thread to talk shit on you all day every day. Ask me how I know
Old 04-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #29
REBELTACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Matt has his own amber stobes

No need for a siren. PA.... Maybe. But I'm good. I would think that the S&R team should be equipped with everything you need. I wouldn't waste my time and gas for that. Its not a hostile environment and temperatures are not life threatening tonight. Worst case for them is they get hungry and dehydrated. They'll live.

1 thing I learned from TW is that you get flammed for trying to be a hero. Therefore, I choose not to participate in things like this, and if I did, I'd keep it too myself. Its shit like this that causes the immature people in the 909 thread to talk shit on you all day every day. Ask me how I know
Yeah I'm partially to blame for that

But it's all good, in the end, I really feel bad for the families and I want to do whatever I can to help them. Regardless of how stupid or unprepared their children were. Brad and Kenny are coming down tomorrow night if they don't find them by then. We're gonna go on the longest, darkest, scariest hike of our lives tomorrow night.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:07 AM   #30
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Edit...
Old 04-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #31
Johnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Johnnie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Saw you on the news this morning.

The hikers told police they were about a mile from their car . Good luck out there.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #33
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post

more like being a vigilante instead of a hero with no disregard to any laws or public safety to those around you
Old 04-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #34
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
more like being a vigilante instead of a hero with no disregard to any laws or public safety to those around you

Old 04-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #35
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
more like being a vigilante instead of a hero with no Regard to any laws or public safety to those around you
talk?
Old 04-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #36
Duartizzle has a spectacular aura aboutDuartizzle has a spectacular aura aboutDuartizzle has a spectacular aura about
Have any of you guys checked over by the Falls Canyon waterfall? Its about halfway through the holy jim road on the left if you're heading towards the trail head. I was thinking of getting some friends together tonight and checking that. It'll be a rough hike in the dark though. Another spot to check would be the old tin mine towards the right of the trail head
Old 04-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #37
REBELTACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duartizzle View Post
Have any of you guys checked over by the Falls Canyon waterfall? Its about halfway through the holy jim road on the left if you're heading towards the trail head. I was thinking of getting some friends together tonight and checking that. It'll be a rough hike in the dark though. Another spot to check would be the old tin mine towards the right of the trail head
Good places to check, but I was concentrating around where the bloodhound was leading them. Although that could be a total fluke.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #38
My friends and I are heading out there tonight. Probably going to check out the falls canyon trail. Maybe the mine, but I don't think they would have gone up to the mine
Old 04-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #39
Where was the bloodhound leading them?