Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

NOOBS!! 2 Lost Hikers in Holy Jim

Old 04-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #41
Duartizzle has a spectacular aura aboutDuartizzle has a spectacular aura aboutDuartizzle has a spectacular aura about
Duartizzle's Tacoma Gallery
I don't in my tacoma unfortunately. I should be getting there around 8. Maybe I'll see ya there. I've got a black double cab 4x4. One of my friends checked out the falls canyon trail already. I think we might end up looking by the mine and abandon rusted shot up car near there
Old 04-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #42
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duartizzle View Post
I don't in my tacoma unfortunately. I should be getting there around 8. Maybe I'll see ya there. I've got a black double cab 4x4. One of my friends checked out the falls canyon trail already. I think we might end up looking by the mine and abandon rusted shot up car near there
Look for 3 Tacos, 2 silver 4x4's and one MGM prerunner. I have a 20" LED bar on my truck so I shouldn't be hard to find. We're gonna be there around
9ish.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #43
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Did they find the hikers? I've hiked this place at 2 am before very hard to get lost....
Old 04-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #44
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
I wonder if they made it to Santiago peak. That's the trail you guys should go to.
And people don't carry any emergency gear anymore? When I hike I bring a lot of stuff. Flares. Firestarter. Emergency blanket. Extra water plus a bladder. Light. Spare batteries. And a spare light with more batteries. And common sense...
Old 04-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #45
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Dang, I guess I was wrong. I thought for sure these guys were going to come out and go "April Fools" (they may yet if they realize they f'd up BAD..) or would have been found given the amount of manpower looking for them.

Looking at the area, there are really only two survival choices, stay or go. I'm guessing they went at some point and are now stuck somewhere and immobile by choice or circumstance. People are looking on and near the driving and hiking trails, but if it were me and I panic'd I would have either tried to get up on a ridge line for visibility, (helicopters haven't seen them.. soooo...) or gone down to a supply of water. At least there they could survive and would lessen their sun exposure. Plus if you are injured, you can usually crawl DOWNHILL to water. I broke my leg once in the middle of the night on roller blades and crawled almost a mile home. I wouldn't recommend it, but it can be done.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:45 AM   #46
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Man I heard it was packed out there today . Hope they are found . Crazy .
Old 04-03-2013, 01:37 AM   #47
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Man I heard it was packed out there today . Hope they are found . Crazy .
Coming to you from my cell phone in Holy Jim Canyon.

Tonight, myself and 3 other TW members led a search party of 12 people through the surrounding canyons. I'm base station, waiting with the trucks while 11 others are out searching in the middle of the night with backpacks full of gear.

We have cell phone communication, which is good, but it's patchy. We're going off a lead that an earlier search party of Jeeps and Land Rovers led, saying they heard a female voice yelling faintly from the bottom of a canyon while they were searching from atop the ridge. They could not reach them, so instead, our party is heading up the canyon from the bottom up.

Still waiting for the rest of the team to get back to base.

As of now, no signs of them yet...but man is it tough out here. Will report back with details as they arrive.

Traveler, BeeRadd, Krans, and WhatThePho.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #48
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck guys! Keep us posted! Would be there too if I could.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:44 AM   #49
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Hope you guys can find them . Didn't think it would get so serious . So it sounds like they are in some very heavy brush or maybe a mine area ?

I know you said it's not super big so I hope they're found . I'd also try thinking outside of the box .
Old 04-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #50
REBELTACO

Thanks gents.

We're following leads from law enforcement, search and rescue, and amateur search parties. The area isn't huge, but the problem is the FLIR cams aren't picking up any signatures other than wildlife. The area is heavily brushed, and full of "finger" canyons.

The good news is that the temps aren't too bad, bad news is that they are not properly clothed. They were wearing tank tops and shorts with running shoes. That can get very cold.

Doing our best, just got a call from Brad saying they reached a point where they couldn't go any further up, and it's very difficult for them to turn around and repel down some rock faces. They have climbing rope with experienced climbers, GPS's, and plenty of water but I'm not sure how long they'll be. Sounds like their only a mile or so away from base station where I am.

Determined to be at work tomorrow morning so they better be back soon.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:10 AM   #51
REBELTACO

Just got home, 5.5 hours after our search began last night.

Our efforts were, like many others out there the last few days, unsuccessful. We reached a point where it was practically impossible to keep going, and definitely impossible to come back down if we had carried on. The hike was very difficult, even with hundreds of dollars in climbing gear which was eventually forfeited to the canyon.

I really do hope the two of them are alive, but it's hard to see it that way when absolutely no sign of them has been uncovered for over 48 hours. The choppers with FLIR cams were called off for maintenance and fuel, resuming their search at 4:00am PST. Aerial search has shown nothing but deer, but the Sheriff's dept and Search and Rescue teams are carrying on with them today.

Best of luck to Nicholas and Kyndall. You have hundreds of concerned citizens and volunteers doing everything they can to bring you home safe. I spoke to Kyndall's mother yesterday, she was, of course, in tears the whole time. I hear she's doing better today, hopefully that spirit will ring on.

Special thanks to Brad, Kenny, and Andre for making the trek out here from North County this late, although they all have obligations to attend early in the morning.

Traveler OUT.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:28 AM   #52
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, crazy. Hope they are found soon. Good for you OP for helping out in the search.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:30 AM   #53
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
more like being a vigilante instead of a hero with no disregard to any laws or public safety to those around you
Aahhhh... Back story?
Old 04-03-2013, 05:24 AM   #54
nobodyspecial is on a distinguished road
nobodyspecial's Tacoma Gallery
thats my boy

thats my boy lost up there and ive been there since Monday day and night waiting with both of their parents. We searched day and night with dozens of professional and non professional search and rescue teams and we found nothing and i mean absolutely nothing but weird and sketchy people living in those weird houses out there. I personal feel there was foul play and somebody cam in counter with them just due to the fact its really hard to get lost on that trail. in order to get lost you have to scale a a rugged steep mountain per say and for nick and the girl to climb that is out of the question just because we went in to all the trails until you cant go no more and a experience hiker tried scaling these mountains and said that it was hard and not capable of people who never went hiking before to due.i just want some closure already. time is ticking and being out there at night searching really puts it into perspective how crazy it is to be lost out there for even one night. this is all surreal and thank all of you whos coming out to help. we will find the truth to all of this. last thing is i hope somebody police in particular search INSIDE of these houses that are out there. so much tweakers and weirdos live out there and i just have a weird feeling of foul play.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:54 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
thats my boy lost up there and ive been there since Monday day and night waiting with both of their parents. We searched day and night with dozens of professional and non professional search and rescue teams and we found nothing and i mean absolutely nothing but weird and sketchy people living in those weird houses out there. I personal feel there was foul play and somebody cam in counter with them just due to the fact its really hard to get lost on that trail. in order to get lost you have to scale a a rugged steep mountain per say and for nick and the girl to climb that is out of the question just because we went in to all the trails until you cant go no more and a experience hiker tried scaling these mountains and said that it was hard and not capable of people who never went hiking before to due.i just want some closure already. time is ticking and being out there at night searching really puts it into perspective how crazy it is to be lost out there for even one night. this is all surreal and thank all of you whos coming out to help. we will find the truth to all of this. last thing is i hope somebody police in particular search INSIDE of these houses that are out there. so much tweakers and weirdos live out there and i just have a weird feeling of foul play.
Damn man, keep us updated.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:08 AM   #56
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery
I've been following this thread and want to give a huge thanks from 3,000 miles away to everyone who has donated their time and materials to look for these folks. It's crazy how a simple day hike in a non-hostile environment has the ability to turn into a life/death situation within the blink of an eye.

I hope they are found safe and sound and wish everyone the best of luck in their searches.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #57
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Diego
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Keep thinking positive! You have a lot of people pulling for you, we all hope for the best! I can't imagine the worry and anxiousness you're going through, good luck, positive thoughts from me and my family!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #58
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Aahhhh... Back story?
There are a couple stories out there..ask rich91710 lol, he was a witness to one of them . but I won't bring anymore of it to this thread so it can stay on topic
Old 04-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #60
REBELTACO

Quote:
Is this Ryan, by any chance?

Keep your head up, bro. We're all doing everything we can.