Krans, BeeRadd, The Traveler and AMG4LIFE at Ocotillo Wells

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Southern California

Notices

NOOBS!! 2 Lost Hikers in Holy Jim

Old 04-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #61
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Just got home, 5.5 hours after our search began last night.

Our efforts were, like many others out there the last few days, unsuccessful. We reached a point where it was practically impossible to keep going, and definitely impossible to come back down if we had carried on. The hike was very difficult, even with hundreds of dollars in climbing gear which was eventually forfeited to the canyon.

I really do hope the two of them are alive, but it's hard to see it that way when absolutely no sign of them has been uncovered for over 48 hours. The choppers with FLIR cams were called off for maintenance and fuel, resuming their search at 4:00am PST. Aerial search has shown nothing but deer, but the Sheriff's dept and Search and Rescue teams are carrying on with them today.

Best of luck to Nicholas and Kyndall. You have hundreds of concerned citizens and volunteers doing everything they can to bring you home safe. I spoke to Kyndall's mother yesterday, she was, of course, in tears the whole time. I hear she's doing better today, hopefully that spirit will ring on.

Special thanks to Brad, Kenny, and Andre for making the trek out here from North County this late, although they all have obligations to attend early in the morning.

Traveler OUT.
That trail that we took was definitely a semi difficult one. Most of it was vertical up hill on loose rocks, soft dirt and mud. Without help from a rope a few of us definitely would have gotten hurt.

The guys we were with are also continuing today on the fire road and working their way to their last known location.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #63
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No luck yet. Ocsd started at 4 this morning. The group we were with last night is also out there. I'm thinking of going after work. But not sure yet, depends how I feel after work. I'm on 1.5 hours of sleep.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #67
Greg Graffin 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Yeah that goes double for me. Depends on how I'm feeling at work. I woke up at 7:00am so I'm dying for sleep right now.
i have coffee, redbulls, and caffeine pills. so far its been a long morning.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #68
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ Bless you guys for taking the time and effort in finding them. My prayers go out to the family and them to get home safe.

Hay Andre, long time dude. We miss Buddah. LOL
Old 04-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #69
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
i have coffee, redbulls, and caffeine pills. so far its been a long morning.
x2...

I don't want to think anything bad happened, but as time goes on and there's still no sign of them, my imagination can't help but wander into speculating what "might" have happened.

Either way, I'm gonna do everything in my power to help until we get some closure. I may have been one of the last people to ever see this couple.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #70
Duartizzle has a spectacular aura aboutDuartizzle has a spectacular aura aboutDuartizzle has a spectacular aura about
Duartizzle's Tacoma Gallery
I saw you guys all driving towards the road to Holy Jim as I was leaving. My friends and I scoped out the mine off of the horseshoe trail. Wish I had more time cause I'd like to continue in on the search. But good luck out there, stay safe
Old 04-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #71
John 3:16
staticprotocol13 has much to be proud ofstaticprotocol13 has much to be proud ofstaticprotocol13 has much to be proud ofstaticprotocol13 has much to be proud ofstaticprotocol13 has much to be proud ofstaticprotocol13 has much to be proud ofstaticprotocol13 has much to be proud ofstaticprotocol13 has much to be proud ofstaticprotocol13 has much to be proud of

Name: Bryan
staticprotocol13's Tacoma Gallery
I hope the hikers be found soon.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #72
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Big ups to the TW guys stepping up and lending a hand, you make us all proud.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #73
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
I'm headed out there now. If anyone sees a new MGM DC 4x4 wave or honk, or give me a call 949-726-2129.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #75
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Channel 4 news said there's a active rescue going on in the hills above trobuco canyon but then they broke for a commercial break lol
Old 04-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #76
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rescue going on in falls canyon

Edit: a volunteer with back problems being rescued by helicopter
Old 04-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #77
bwood084 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
bwood084's Tacoma Gallery
Just to give you guys a heads up, they are not allowing anybody up the holy jim trail.... i just left there and CHP was clearing everybody out.
Kyndall is my cousins sis in law, so on behalf of the family Thank you for your efforts!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #79
Power Top

So now the news (NBC) is reporting that there are 2 more hikers lost in the area making it a total of four hikers lost..
Old 04-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #80
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Subbing. Hopefully they are found.